What's your opinion??

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by sinpig, Dec 30, 2011.

1. sinpig

sinpig Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Superior, WI
    I took a mini portrait class, and had the chance to use a bit of studio lights, something I have no knowledge at all. Anyway I'm moderately happy with a couple of my captures and I would like for you guys top give me some constructive criticism.

The model was 15 years old so perfect skin and no wrinkles, I edit my pictures in Lightroom.

Please let me know your opinion and why you think it works or doesn't.

2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I like your second shot the best. Good pose, nice composition and I like how the light falls across her face. In the third shot it seems the white balance may be a bit off but I like the pose. The first shot seems a bit flat compared to the other two.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    First two shots are slightly front focused. Eyes are behind the sharp point of focus.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    That's a great catch. Something was bothering me about the first one focus wise but I couldn't articulate it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    First one look… standard, but that's the pose.

It's the second one. Personally, the right side of her face looks scary because of the lighting. Perhaps because the shadows are too harsh.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    All are nice but your second shot is by far the strongest. The composition and crop is dynamic, the lighting gives a nice depth to the image and over all the image has a life to it.

If you just posted that shot and said you got paid to create it I would have believed you.
    • Like Like x 1