1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

what's your new year's eve tradition ?

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by red, Jan 2, 2011.

1. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    ...ours is concrete casting - this year a Gugelhopf

red_gugelhopf.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

[ A Gugelhupf or Gugelhopf is a southern German, Austrian, Swiss and Alsatian term for a marble cake or Bundt cake. The part "Gugel-" is a variation of the Middle High German word Kugel ("ball" or "globe"). The part "-hupf" relates to the verb "hüpfen" (jump) and is a reference to the cake surface going up while being baked. wikipedia ]

• Like Like x 3
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    So you made a concrete bundt cake? Tasty! I bet you are popular with the dentist! :) 

How did this tradition start?

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wonderful, Red!

I'm sorry to say that I don't think I took a single picture on New Year's Eve. I blame it on being tired.

Our normal tradition is to have a good friend or two over for dinner, drink a glass of champagne - or two - and then I usually go to sleep before midnight.:tongue: True. However, this year my husband and I had dinner alone, and suddenly found ourselves watching our local Public Television Station watching James Taylor and Carole King and then a special on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - and suddenly it was 12:10AM! Next the phone rang - it was our daughter calling to wish us "Happy New Year!":cloud-9-039:

4. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    aprox 4 kilograms of concret left from this project (six sheeps in concrete)

See you end of 2011 - the tradition will be continued... :smile:

5. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Wisconsin
    for many years our family has had a fudge contest, complete with a traveling trophy for the winner. here are a couple images from this year:

5325574591_287971684d_b.jpg

5325575097_69d4c4ea2b_b.jpg

5326183132_ef2017f348_b.jpg

5326182618_dcdb44e822_b.jpg

all shot with my new GF1

• Like Like x 1
  6. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Interesting... sounds exciting and sweet

(and congratulation to your new GF1... I'm also an enthusiastic user of this nice camera!)

7. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.