What's your favourite mu43 native lens to manually focus?

Real Name
Walter
Ah, but you don't need to hold it. Just get close enough to the subject, rock too and fro to get the 1:1 focus.
That's correct. You push the switch to 1:1 and it will snap back but the lens will stay at 1:1 unless you activate the AF or change the focus with the focus ring. You move the camera to get your subject in focus. A tripod and a macro focusing rail might help here. I can't rock under sufficient control to use that technique. :)

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
That's correct. You push the switch to 1:1 and it will snap back but the lens will stay at 1:1 unless you activate the AF or change the focus with the focus ring. You move the camera to get your subject in focus. A tripod and a macro focusing rail might help here. I can't rock under sufficient control to use that technique. :)
The use of a camera macro focusing rail is important to me when using a tripod for closeups.

AndyT

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy
I don't have a favourite lens to use manual focus with, but if I am for instance taking moon photo's with the 300 f4 and any of the TC's I will normally use manual focus just to make sure of the shot.

Depending on the situation I have used it with the 60 macro and 45 & 75 1.8 as well, the latter two for really close up wildlife images.
Heck I have even manual focused the 8mm FE when I needed to.

Edit: All of the above with focus peaking.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom