1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What's with all the Lensbaby adds?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ~tc~, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looks like the icon for most current post got replaced with a lensbaby add.

2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Did you search for Lensbaby on google recently? It could be that. These sites (google, facebook etc.) are tracking every site you visit and will display ads accordingly. Not sure if that's true in your case as well. You can use some plug-ins on chrome to block these sites from tracking the sites you visit.

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Nope, not even anything close.

I'm on iPad if it makes a difference ...

4. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Lensbaby isn't a targeted ad; it's not dependent on your google searches. Maybe one of the mods wants to chime in, but going to Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds News and Rumors (the front page) in a browser on my desktop, on the left side is a Lensbaby ad, a targeted ad (for me it's an IR ad, I can tell this one is dependent on my cookies/search history), and then a B&H ad. Lensbaby and B&H seem to be sponsoring this site and are getting non-search-dependent ad space. That the icon got replaced is probably just a glitch with the app, or are you using Safari?

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yup, I also see... Lensbaby, Advertisement (targeted ad), B&H Photo... But they are off on the side and not over anything else.

The "Advertisement" section is blank for me. xD

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I don't see them on this site, but on the Serious Compacts sister site, I see it and it is under that says "sponsors". I assume they are advertising. Someone has to pay for the site to exist.

7. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fixed now