What's the daftest thing you've done to get a image?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Wab, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Wab

Wab Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2015
    I was asked to take photos of a local 20 mile running race by the organiser. It had a limit of 300 runners but he wanted me to try and make the race look 'bigger', so I thought that a low down shot - camera on a mini tripod - of the start of the race - right in front of the runners - would be a good idea, and as the runners approached me I'd make a sharp exit left.

But as the runners neared, I thought "I may as well just stay here and continue taking shots!"

And then this happened...

[​IMG]

Luckily no-one was hurt.

What's the daftest thing you've done to get an image?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    1. to yell at my lovely dog (that I'll never do again)
    2. to have been trapped on a slippery rock as the tide was rising, I was paying attention only to the view in my viewfinder, a great reason to not use an EVF, what's wicked is that I was trying to take a nice photo of my friend, a fat guy, on another rock...

3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Wasn't so daft really, but I took a picture of my wife out on a ledge at Zion Nat'l Park, while I held the camera in left hand and grasped a tree branch with my right as I was teetering on the edge as well.

She wasn't screaming to be careful...must have had her eye on the insurance money.

• Funny Funny x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.