What's the daftest thing you've done to get a image?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Wab, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Wab

Wab Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2015
    I was asked to take photos of a local 20 mile running race by the organiser. It had a limit of 300 runners but he wanted me to try and make the race look 'bigger', so I thought that a low down shot - camera on a mini tripod - of the start of the race - right in front of the runners - would be a good idea, and as the runners approached me I'd make a sharp exit left.

But as the runners neared, I thought "I may as well just stay here and continue taking shots!"

And then this happened...

Luckily no-one was hurt.

What's the daftest thing you've done to get an image?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    1. to yell at my lovely dog (that I'll never do again)
    2. to have been trapped on a slippery rock as the tide was rising, I was paying attention only to the view in my viewfinder, a great reason to not use an EVF, what's wicked is that I was trying to take a nice photo of my friend, a fat guy, on another rock...
  3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Wasn't so daft really, but I took a picture of my wife out on a ledge at Zion Nat'l Park, while I held the camera in left hand and grasped a tree branch with my right as I was teetering on the edge as well.

She wasn't screaming to be careful...must have had her eye on the insurance money.
    • Funny Funny x 3