What's on your list?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ThomD, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Not THAT list. The list of photos you want to/plan to take.

Here's mine:
    I'm going to work on bugs in flight.
    My wife is getting a new bike and I'd like to take some studio shots before it gets dirty.
    I have lots of static cat photos, I need to work on getting shots of them playing.
    I want to work on better on-the-bike-shots. I've been thinking about mounting a monopod on the bike so I can shoot from a different angle.

I've never done many studio shots, so I've been mulling ideas. Inspired by what I read on PetaPixel, I'm trying to work out something original to me (at least as far as I know).

So, what's on your To Do list?

2. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    In addition to the shots I do routinely, topics on my (lengthy) to do list include:

360° panoramas
    coloured liquid layers in glass
    dew drop lenses
    droplet splashes
    IR/UV images (both portrait & landscape subjects)
    Tilted lenses for controlled DOF
    starscapes (& possibly startrails)
    moonlit landscapes
    misty mornings
    stressed acrylic through crossed polarisers
    smoke pictures (Josticks)...

3. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    This is a great topic. Not so much specific photos, but:
    - I'm going on a cruise in November and am putting together a list of shot ideas.
    - More diversity in my photos (lower percentage of my kid, who's my go-to subject).
    - Learn how to properly use a flash, to include a simple off-camera stand kit.
    - Experiment with longer focal lengths through cheap adapted lenses. I'm interested in the Olympus 75mm, but want to be sure I'll use it before investing.
    - Keep plugging away at short video edits to compliment photo sets.

4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    The 40-150 is ridiculously cheap and ridiculously good for the price. Get one and see if you like the length - you can always sell it if not and you'll only be out a small 'rental' fee.

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    +1 :thumbup:

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Got a local Ford Model T event tomorrow if I can get up early enough...Then after that, son's basketball game....:smile:

7. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William B. Lewis
    Some local landscapes that are begging to be done with some 5x7 25ISO film, a 1912 era 5x8 f/6.3 Tessar lens and, depending on the sky, a yellow or green filter. Unless I get stupid lucky with the clouds and can break out the red filter (unless I hit reciprocity limits then...).

Oh. Were you talking m4/3?

8. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Nope. Not at all. Be sure to share the results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.