What's on your list?

ThomD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Not THAT list. The list of photos you want to/plan to take.

Here's mine:
I'm going to work on bugs in flight.
My wife is getting a new bike and I'd like to take some studio shots before it gets dirty.
I have lots of static cat photos, I need to work on getting shots of them playing.
I want to work on better on-the-bike-shots. I've been thinking about mounting a monopod on the bike so I can shoot from a different angle.

I've never done many studio shots, so I've been mulling ideas. Inspired by what I read on PetaPixel, I'm trying to work out something original to me (at least as far as I know).

So, what's on your To Do list?

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
In addition to the shots I do routinely, topics on my (lengthy) to do list include:

360° panoramas
coloured liquid layers in glass
dew drop lenses
droplet splashes
IR/UV images (both portrait & landscape subjects)
Tilted lenses for controlled DOF
starscapes (& possibly startrails)
moonlit landscapes
misty mornings
stressed acrylic through crossed polarisers
smoke pictures (Josticks)...

This is a great topic. Not so much specific photos, but:
- I'm going on a cruise in November and am putting together a list of shot ideas.
- More diversity in my photos (lower percentage of my kid, who's my go-to subject).
- Learn how to properly use a flash, to include a simple off-camera stand kit.
- Experiment with longer focal lengths through cheap adapted lenses. I'm interested in the Olympus 75mm, but want to be sure I'll use it before investing.
- Keep plugging away at short video edits to compliment photo sets.

BigTam

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ron
... Experiment with longer focal lengths through cheap adapted lenses. I'm interested in the Olympus 75mm, but want to be sure I'll use it before investing...

The 40-150 is ridiculously cheap and ridiculously good for the price. Get one and see if you like the length - you can always sell it if not and you'll only be out a small 'rental' fee.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Got a local Ford Model T event tomorrow if I can get up early enough...Then after that, son's basketball game....:smile:

wlewisiii

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
William B. Lewis
Some local landscapes that are begging to be done with some 5x7 25ISO film, a 1912 era 5x8 f/6.3 Tessar lens and, depending on the sky, a yellow or green filter. Unless I get stupid lucky with the clouds and can break out the red filter (unless I hit reciprocity limits then...).

Oh. Were you talking m4/3?

ThomD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Some local landscapes that are begging to be done with some 5x7 25ISO film, a 1912 era 5x8 f/6.3 Tessar lens and, depending on the sky, a yellow or green filter. Unless I get stupid lucky with the clouds and can break out the red filter (unless I hit reciprocity limits then...).

Oh. Were you talking m4/3?

Nope. Not at all. Be sure to share the results.

Latest threads

Top Bottom