Whats new in LR6/CC

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mcasan, Apr 23, 2015.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Thanks for posting, best overview I've seen thus far.
  3. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Very useful, covers lots of little things that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. For example a bug fix in Publish Services that sounds like it may solve a minor issue that has been bothering me (where photos are marked as Modified for no apparent reason). While these small things are unlikely to be the difference between upgrading or not, it is nice to know about them.
  4. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    As an Aperture user since many years, I downloaded today the trial version of Lightroon 6 to give it a look before taking a decision about moving to a new software. I tried to use my Nik Collection plug-ins, that I use with Aperture and Photoshop CS6, but LR don't recognize them from the Photoshop plugins folder. ¿Any clues about what to do?
  5. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    You should be able to download the Nik Plugins for LR for free if you purchased the aperture versions. Just log back into the Nik Plugins site and download the LR versions
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Thank you for your advise, but it seems that NIK software has not upgraded their plugins yet:
    "Adobe Lightroom: Desde la versión 3 hasta la 5" (Adobe Lightroom: From version 3 to 5)

If I import my Aperture collection, ¿LR will create a new one, duplicating all my photos and taking double space of my HD? ¿If I want to go back to Aperture, my "old" collection would be available?
  7. mprazoff

mprazoff New to Mu-43

Oct 5, 2014
    Kailua HI
    The current version of Nik software works fine with Lightroom 6, aka Lightroom CC. Just reinstall it; it does not use the Photoshop plugin folder but installs in another place specifically for Lightroom. For example, on a Mac in: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets. The Nik installer will put it in the correct folder automatically, after it detects Lightroom is installed.
  8. Cederic

Cederic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Can confirm the new 'facial recognition' can't do cats :(

I don't care about people, I want it to recognise my cute kitties!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    just used the Panorama function. Very easy and its nice having the final result in DNG format so you can continue to tune it.
  10. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Something new I noticed in LR6 -- an unpleasant tendency to sometimes display seriously low-resolution grid view images that, when opening in Loupe or Develop view, stay horribly low-res (I'm talking about maybe 50x50 pixels, guessing wildly) for a longgggg time, maybe a minute, before snapping into good resolution view. Meantime you can't do a thing with the image.

I never had that happen with LR3 or LR5, not once. Is there something in the settings that can fix this?
  11. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Try to uncheck using graphics processor (Preferences - Performance)
  12. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    I noticed that it was checked. Will try unchecked. -- thanks.