What's going on with Olympus in Canada? Anyone working at Oly or in a camera store?

walter_j

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Walter
There's no Olympus repair centre in Canada. I checked, and shipping address is to New Jersey. Its out of warranty, so I wonder if there's a repair store in Canada that I can send a lens to? It's the 7-14 pro lens hood that has come loose. Olympus likes to design overly complex lens hood that fail too soon - usually right after the warranty is over.

Tread-Lite

New to Mu-43
There's no Olympus repair centre in Canada. I checked, and shipping address is to New Jersey. Its out of warranty, so I wonder if there's a repair store in Canada that I can send a lens to? It's the 7-14 pro lens hood that has come loose. Olympus likes to design overly complex lens hood that fail too soon - usually right after the warranty is over.
Last year my EM5 II was repaired in
Mississauga, ON. I brought it to the Camera Store in Calgary and they did the rest for a very reasonable fee. I am not sure if that outfit is now closed.

Tread-Lite

New to Mu-43
I really like the hood on my 40-150 2.8 but just yesterday the ring on the back of the hood popped off and I have to figure out how to secure it.

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
The Mississauga repair facility was on contract to Olympus... I think they were called "Atell" or something like that. I had my E-M1mk1 repaired there when one of the strap lugs came off.

They turned it around in 3 days.

New Jersey is where all of my GetOlympus orders come from, and that hasn't seemed to change since OMDs. Maybe it's being phased out?

walter_j

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Walter
I really like the hood on my 40-150 2.8 but just yesterday the ring on the back of the hood popped off and I have to figure out how to secure it.

Eventually it will fall apart. It has a number of tiny ball bearings in it. Such a flimsy mechanical part for a pro lens.
Vistek sent me a email saying they cannot get Olympus parts anymore, and to send it to NJ.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom