1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What's does Chris have in his bag and why?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by CWRailman, Jul 16, 2016.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Chris and Jordan from the Camera Store in Calgary, Canada, test a lot of cameras and sometimes I believe they are a bit critical. Though he has numerous cameras he can choose from go to about the 3:45 minute mark in this video to see what camera Chris has in his bag and why.

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I do think it is interesting, but I'm not surprised they are both cheaper kits. They may be minor youtube celebrities, but they still work retail.

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    There's nowt wrong with the GM5. I keep looking at it and thinking I should buy one! Deliciously small and cute! Add a 12-32 and a couple of primes (for me probably the Oly 17 and 45) and I'd be happy with that as a lightweight kit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Not really surprised that Chris' kit is on the lower end. But I would have thought he would have had some longer zoom with kids and something faster than the 14 f/2.5 like an original 20mm f/1.7.

5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

He still has the DSLR and zooms that his wife mostly uses for that.

6. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Actually he says fiancee, I only noticed because I thought he talked about his wife some time back.......

I also have the D750 and the 3 f/4 zooms, love them.

7. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    But really it's more just the out and about, kids at the park, etc where he'd have the GM5 and not the D750 that I figure he'd have the 35-100 or 45-150 f/3.5-5.6 to go along with the kit.

8. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I had one of those 20mm f 1.7's for a while and personally tried it out on my E-M10's and E-M5 as well as my GM-5 and thought it was overrated as I never got images as sharp as what I was getting from my Panasonic 14-45mm zoom. It was the first 4/3 lens that I sold. In addition it is really too big in diameter for the GM-5 body.

9. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I only picked that one based on it being one of the cheapest options for a sub f/2.0. It is big on the GM5, better when you add the Panasonic GM1/GM5 grip. I've had a few copies of the 20mm, all have been pretty sharp. Sadly the slower AF has lead me to sell them in the past. I have one now and am debating with myself.

10. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    It is unfortunate that you got a bad copy. If I can live with just one focal length, the 20mm is one of the sharpest lenses I've ever seen, especially when stopped down just slightly. At f2.2 in the center it can easily produce moiré patterns in fine fabric or half-tone printed material, even on cameras with an AA-filter like my GX7.

11. BLT

BLT Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    London
    James
    I promise you were unlucky with your 20mm. I have both the 20 & 14-45. The zoom is very sharp but the 20 is better.