1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What viewer???

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by RenaudVL, Mar 25, 2012.

1. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    Need to do a major clean up in my files (Pictures) I have been using 3 different cameras brand; Canon, Olympus and Panasonic. In RAW mode and JPG.

It is a bit frustrating having to change software all the time depending on the RAW format to view, JPG are not an issue, of course...

Can't seems to find a software that would see them all and would be able to delete or relocate...

Any suggestion ??

2. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Lightroom?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk

3. fgbrault

fgbrault Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Adobe Lightroom works great for me. I have RAW files on it from many different cameras. I now have the latest version (Lightroom 4) and it is great for recovering highlights.

4. meachp

meachp Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Norton-on-Tees, UK
    Can't speak for Canon, but FastStone Image Viewer (which is free for personal use) will certainly read, move and delete your Panasonic and Olympus files (both raw and JPEG). Has to be worth a look?

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

5. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks every one,
    Faststone is perfect, does what I want and is free... Great thanks Paul

6. meachp

meachp Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Norton-on-Tees, UK
    You're welcome. It's also a fairly good editing program, but it's real strength for me is it's batch processing capabilities. You can take a whole load of photos and resize them, add a border, add a watermark and/or text, make adjustments, crop the same section out of them and more - all in one go!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    If you're using an Apple ... then Aperture is hard to beat.

G