What type of bicycle do you ride?

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
Nuenen.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
All City Mr. Pink bought in 2014. No mountain biking for me.

View attachment 514203

I have a (2014?) frame that I grabbed from ebay in August. It's mostly built up now, but I've been too busy lately to finish it. Hoping to get it done before the new year since I'll have some time off around the holidays. I'm excited to get it on the road finally!

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
He he he. Like I wrote previously, it's never finished. Playing around building a hybrid. 29er front wheel, 27.5 rear in a 27.5 frame. See how that goes in the rough stuff :) It definitely feels different to ride, just pottering around the back yard jumping kerbs etc.
At the least I've got a spare wheelset for road tyres, as the 29er wheels with 40mm road tyres are pretty much the same rolling diameter as the 27.5's with 2.25's. Anyway...………………..
hybrid.jpg

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Lol lol lol. Well that didn't last long. Back to regular programming :) No improvement that I could notice on steep descents. No improvement on rollover of rocks, roots logs etc. The only thing I noticed was a bit more flex in the wheel on rocky technical sections. And a tiny bit more cumbersome feeling. Not worth it. 27.5 is the sweet spot for me.
normal.jpg

GregRed

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Greg
My "urban" bike...

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

11GTCS

Mu-43 Veteran
Ah! My other expensive hobby ? I’ve got a few bikes, but right now the only two that will likely stick around are my two custom builds.

The first is a Ritchey Breakaway Cross. I’m military and travel a lot for work, so this has been by far the best bike purchase I’ve ever made. SRAM Apex 1x10 drivetrain, got it because it was cheap but it’s actually pretty sweet for racing cross with. Cross season it’s got Mavic tub wheels with Challenge Baby Limus, but will be building up gravel wheels soon with Compass Steilacooms.

032EE909-A360-4CA3-9CB9-8FCE6EF1CC3B.jpeg

And my most recent build, 2017 Roubaix frameset I built up with a mixed set of Ultegra 8050 and DA 9150 DI2, Brooks C13, and some random wheels until I can afford Zipp 303’s

04CB747A-39D1-4A74-858E-B1A50B0772AC.jpeg

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
38734531105_cc58240f70_h.jpg

Welcome to the Hakea Trail - {Day 06-07} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Day 6: Esperance to Albany: The Unconventional Ride. 750 km in 10 days. Now at Hamersley Inlet and contemplating the Hakea Trail as a way to head west along the coast. Note the steps: they were the easy ones. The log stairs where to come and come and come …

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
OK, I suppose it's only fair that you should see mine:

Winter bike. Thorn Raven Tour with Rohloff 14 speed hub. 26" wheels.
DSC01314.JPG

Spring / Autumn / Touring bike. Thorn Brevet with 26" wheels (no comments about the small bag please ;) ).
1404-01 Brevet - new mudguards.jpg

Best summer bike ? George Longstaff Custom touring bike 700c wheels.
05 Complete.jpg

That should do you for now; I'll save the Tandem and Single Speed for another time.

Latest threads

Top Bottom