What type of bicycle do you ride?

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well, it's complete. I won't say finished, my bikes are never finished. It's already started. Ordered a different pair of handlebars to try, just waiting for delivery. I really really really like it. More each time I ride it. Lovely and stable to hammer through the rough, yet still light and agile. 100%+ improvement over the last one.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monika

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
All City Mr. Pink bought in 2014. No mountain biking for me.

View attachment 514203
I have a (2014?) frame that I grabbed from ebay in August. It's mostly built up now, but I've been too busy lately to finish it. Hoping to get it done before the new year since I'll have some time off around the holidays. I'm excited to get it on the road finally!

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
He he he. Like I wrote previously, it's never finished. Playing around building a hybrid. 29er front wheel, 27.5 rear in a 27.5 frame. See how that goes in the rough stuff :) It definitely feels different to ride, just pottering around the back yard jumping kerbs etc.
At the least I've got a spare wheelset for road tyres, as the 29er wheels with 40mm road tyres are pretty much the same rolling diameter as the 27.5's with 2.25's. Anyway...………………..
hybrid.jpg

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Lol lol lol. Well that didn't last long. Back to regular programming :) No improvement that I could notice on steep descents. No improvement on rollover of rocks, roots logs etc. The only thing I noticed was a bit more flex in the wheel on rocky technical sections. And a tiny bit more cumbersome feeling. Not worth it. 27.5 is the sweet spot for me.

GregRed

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Greg
My "urban" bike...

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
Ah! My other expensive hobby 😂 I’ve got a few bikes, but right now the only two that will likely stick around are my two custom builds.

The first is a Ritchey Breakaway Cross. I’m military and travel a lot for work, so this has been by far the best bike purchase I’ve ever made. SRAM Apex 1x10 drivetrain, got it because it was cheap but it’s actually pretty sweet for racing cross with. Cross season it’s got Mavic tub wheels with Challenge Baby Limus, but will be building up gravel wheels soon with Compass Steilacooms.

And my most recent build, 2017 Roubaix frameset I built up with a mixed set of Ultegra 8050 and DA 9150 DI2, Brooks C13, and some random wheels until I can afford Zipp 303’s

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom