What type of adaptor mount for Konica Hexanon lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Droogie, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Hi all, finally found me a 50mm Konica Hexanon 1.7 lens. Of course it came attached to a Konica TC Autoreflex camera with a Soligor MK-3A flash attached. The case is trashed but the camera, lens and flash are in great shape. Also came with owners manual and Konica Hexanon lens catalog and chart. All for a measly $7.00 at a local estate sale today.

My question is what adaptor do these lenses take? I'm really unfamiliar with Konica - have primarily Minolta and Pentax glass. But I've been following the Konica threads and really was excited to finally find a lens. I'll post a picture of the camera later.
  2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    there's plenty of them on EBay, just search for Konica micro4/3 adapter
    I bought a cheap one and it works fine

C U,
  3. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
  4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    You're going to have fun with that lens until you realize there's no stop between 1.7 and 2.8!
  5. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    I have a couple Konica Hexanon AR lenses and I use the Fotga Konica AR to m43 adapter found for about 10$ on ebay. It works great. It has a nice fit on the m43 side, and only very slightly lose on the Konica AR side. You have to watch out though, cause with this adapter, you can focus the lens beyond infinity, but from my knowledge, these are problems that are also with the more expensive adapters.

To the person that said there's no stop between 1.7 and 2.8 on the 50mm f1.7, it depends on what version of the lens they have. The new slimmer versions do not have half stops, but the older fatter versions do. They have the exact same IQ though.
  6. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    No big deal. Even if the OP's lens is the version that lacks the click detent for f/2.0, the lens is still quite useable.

There is only 1.5 stops between f/1.7 and f/2.8. There is little need for a detent for the "missing" f/2.0, which on only 1/2 stop from f/1.7 and one stop from f/2.8.
  7. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Like Verbatimium, I got the Fotga Konica AR to m43 adapter to use with a rather bizarre Konica-mount lens — the Sigma "Pantel" 135mm f2.8/64. The fit between lens and adaptor is prone to slide around a bit, though your can find a point where the locking pin engages — it's simply not as good as my Olympus OM to m43 adptor or the upmarket Lumix and Olympus adaptors I have for Leica M and R, and 4/3ds.
    The only problem with the Sigma 135 at f64 [this is a separate f setting, the barrel scale goes from f2.8 up to f22] is, predictably, the resolution is greatly degraded. However, If you want to experiment with the extremes, make me an offer, I will even throw in the Konica/m43 adaptor mentioned. Have fun with the f1.7 end of things. Also try it with extension tubes.
  8. ArchSaturn

ArchSaturn Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2012
    I've got one of the cheap ebay adapters. Does the trick.

Picked up a 57mm 1.4 local for around $50 CDN. Maybe a little on the pricey side, but it was in awesome condition.

Soft at 1.4, sharp by 2.8. It looks like it belongs on the camera, but certainly makes it a touch front heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bumsklumpen

bumsklumpen Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 18, 2013
    iGonzoid, i really like this pantel lens, don't you?! great video image quality with mine.
  10. dadadude

dadadude Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2013
    San Carlos, CA
    After buying a bunch of adapters for 6 different different mounts, I say buy the cheapest on ebay. They are all about the same, although I do like Fotodiox brand a bit more than most. I have the Fotga Konica adapter and it cost $10 w/ free shipping from China. Works like a charm. Some adapters need a little fiddling to get just right such as spreading the metal tabs open for a tight fit or loosening and spinning the M42 screw mount to get the aperture markings positioned on the top correctly, but it's all easy peezy stuff.
  11. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Thanks for all the input. I'll probably go with the Rainbow Imaging version (I use that with my Minolta and Pentax glass). By the way, my lens does go from 1.7 to 2.8, weird. Anyway testing it out this weekend. Can't wait for adapter to get here.
  12. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I just got the Rainbow Imaging adapter, it's less than an inch in length and very well made for the price, but it might surprise you by its weight. It's just a bit hefty. Still, my 28mm Hexanon that's on its way is mostly plastic, so the overall weight should be manageable.
  13. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    The older fatter style 50mm F1.7 (left picture) have half stop aperture settings (these can only go up to F16 as F22s were never made). I'm guessing you have the newer skinnier version (right picture) which only have full stop settings (earlier versions of these can only go to F16, later versions to F22). Because the optical quality of the lenses are identical, and no one really uses F22 on legacy lenses, the older fatter models are more desirable and usually a bit more pricier for their ability to be set at half stop aperture settings. Anyway you will not be disapointed with the lens. Some people say it's one of the sharpest legacy lenses at that focal length.