1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

what to get? (camera , lenses?)

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Steven, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I've got a fever and the only treatment is some hot camera stuff. Please help me choose.
    I always thought I would upgrade from Gx1 to Em5 when the prices started to soften. Does not seem to be happening and now I am looking forward to the Em6 mainly for the VF4. I always thought Em5 vf was a little too small.
    But now I find myself looking at getting a used Fuji x100 instead or even with recent discounts Xe1?

Another option is to forget about body upgrade for now and get 12-35 Pana . Not sure how balanced it would be on Gx1 but the extra speed sure is a nice thing to have.
    The 24mm wide angle is great for city trips. I wonder how smoothly the zoom would be for low light video. I've been using primes for that and zoom range would be really great for more creativity.

Yet another thing that caught my attention - Pentax Mx1 . Looks like a cheaper version of Olympus Xz with same bright sharp lens and even better processing . I do need a compact that is pocketable. This one seems to be a good option .

Any thoughts?

2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    I would buy the Oly 45, but then again I enjoy shooting portraits. I don't know what you like to shoot.

3. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    That is definitely a lens I plan to get in the future but I bought a bunch of manual focus lenses of the same focal length earlier in the year so I feel like I should make use of them first . I don't do enough on the fly portraits to really justify it right now. Also , manual lenses I have are better for video on Gx1 since I can control aperture that way.
    Thanks.

4. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    i saw a guy earlier carrying an X-E1 in the subway. i almost jumped up to grab it to start taking photos of everything and anything! :biggrin:

5. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    LOL! That sounds dangerous . If that's second hand effect, what does it do to the owners?? :)