What the heck is this?

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I picked it up for $5 thinking it was a macro adapter. When I got it home I realized that it was nothing of the sort. Anyone have an idea what it is?

Attachments

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
Ditto, looks like it lets you mount M42 lenses on OM bodies.

Interestingly, if you are already using an OM->m4/3 adapter, looks like you can support M42 lenses too by using this adapter on top of it.

It looks like an OM to screw mount adapter.

Cheers

Ray

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I thought so as well but the thread is too large. I have an M42 Super Takumar and the thread is a good deal smaller on the lens than this adapter. Could it be another type of screwmount? Is M39 bigger?

Ditto, looks like it lets you mount M42 lenses on OM bodies.

Interestingly, if you are already using an OM->m4/3 adapter, looks like you can support M42 lenses too by using this adapter on top of it.

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
M39 is smaller, actually. I wonder what mount could it be then :confused:

I thought so as well but the thread is too large. I have an M42 Super Takumar and the thread is a good deal smaller on the lens than this adapter. Could it be another type of screwmount? Is M39 bigger?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom