What the "F"?!? Help?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by wildwildwes, Aug 3, 2013.

1. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've enjoyed shooting "trouble-free" with my OM-D for going on two years now. With the exception of some funky phantom glitches that occasionally cause the camera to lock up (remedied by turning the camera off, removing the battery and reinserting) the OM-D has been without issue for me. Until yesterday...

Here's what happened: I was walking around NYC randomly shooting when the camera did like a "hiccup" or brain-fart followed by it displaying a really "eff'd" up abstract image (see attached) before just shutting down completely. Then despite trying to turn the power-switch on and off, remove and reinsert the battery and remove the lens and remount it the camera would turn "on" but I couldn't get it to display an image in the viewfinder or on the rear screen -- it just displayed a black screen...

Okay, next up, out of frustration I decided to try working the on/off switch repeatedly several times. This manifested a successful outcome as the camera eventually did turn back "on". That said, while its "working" again, i'm a bit concerned that there might still be an issue at hand that needs to be addressed...

Anyone else experience this strange phenomenon??? HELP! :dash2:

Here's that brain-farted image (which I actually think looks pretty cool despite the hiccup):