what should I do

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Ralser, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Ralser

Ralser Mu-43 Regular

May 28, 2011
    i've been lurking for awhile. I'm now trying to decide what to do. Currently I have a rebel Xsi, and various lenses (including 17-40, and 100-400 plus some others). My choices are either go for a 60d or change systems). I've been thinking about the GH2 (with 14-140 lens) - if you can ever get it at the MRP. However I am still in a quandry about what to do, especially as I live (Madison, WI) somewhere where its impossible to fondle a GH2 (or G3 for that matter). I have questions about IQ - how will it compare with these lenses (i'd start with the 14-140 and 100-300, and then maybe get some primes + macro) to the 60d. I presume IQ would be better than the xsi. I generally print to about 10x14", but it the image warrants, I'd like to print to 16-17" wide (on my ipf 5000). As a comparison I have printed 16 x 22" prints from a Canon 10D (some were cropped), as well as from the xsi.

Sorry for the rambling question, but I'm trying to decide what to do without seeing the camera. Maybe there'll be one in camera store in Canberra when I visit there in a couple of weeks.

thanks

Steve

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Get out and take pictures and stop worrying about what you took them with.

I don't see anything compelling in your post about why to change at all.

3. I guess the real question is why do you want to change systems. Do you specifically want the benefits of m4/3, primarily being the smaller size and weight of the system?

To be honest, I wouldn't be looking at switching from a Canon DSLR and L-series lenses in search of better image quality.