What SD card do you use on your OM-D?

mistermark

Mu-43 Regular
I have a mix of cards, using them in order of preference depending on the amount of capacity I need between transfers to my computer. Preferred is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB 95MB/sec, followed by a 32GB Transcend UHS-1 (write speed 45MB/sec, read I think 85), then a Sandisk Extreme 16GB 45MB/sec then an earlier version with 30MB/sec. So far, all trouble-free, but always reformatted in camera before use.

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I have used Lexar for many years. The SD cards that I have now are all 16gb but that makes me uncomfortable when photographing events such as weddings. I limit each card to 200 exposures just in case. The reason I bought 16gb cards is that the pricing on a PAIR is a real deal.

I had a problem with Lexar only one time. I sent the card to Lexar hoping to save the images. Turns out it was a counterfeit! Lexar saved the images and sent me a replacement card. Lexar is a great company and now I only deal with B&H. Ebay can be disastrous.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
I agree that Lexar support is good (I still use their recovery software they used to give free) as is their electronic reliability, but I never buy their SD cards anymore because I find the cheap housings are fragile crap. Every Lexar SD card I've ever owned physically broke after a year or so.

Sandisk on the other hand has the most solid, well-built housings I've found. I'm always happy to use them.

mistermark

Mu-43 Regular
A small tip for Sandisk customers: avoid the 128GB cards. The smaller ones are water-resistant, but the 128s are not.

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I agree that Lexar support is good (I still use their recovery software they used to give free) as is their electronic reliability, but I never buy their SD cards anymore because I find the cheap housings are fragile crap. Every Lexar SD card I've ever owned physically broke after a year or so.

Sandisk on the other hand has the most solid, well-built housings I've found. I'm always happy to use them.

Hi Ned,

Fancy seeing you here! Tell me where the Lexar SD cards break and how it happens. I only recently started using the SD type and now I am concerned. It is not too late to switch.

JoJo Gunn

kevwilfoto

Mu-43 Veteran
I use Delkin Elite 633 (95MB/sec UHS-1) and SanDisk Extreme Pro (95MB/sec UHS-1). Also Lexar Pro 133X and an EyeFi Pro. Zero issues with any of them. I always format in-camera, and I never delete images in-camera. I've heard that many card issues come from cheap card readers - use a good one.

I use 8GB cards. Prices are great, and I rarely fill a card more than 60% in a day. (Your mileage may vary) I'd shy away from the latest and greatest ultra-capacity cards. Even if you're shooting video all day long, you'll reduce your risk and your costs if you buy two of the next smaller size instead.

elim

Mu-43 Regular
Anybody have experience with the Toshiba brand wifi cards? Looking between them, eye fi an Android transcend wifi

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

100avchd

Mu-43 Regular
the new uxci 64 gb and 128 gb not work on om-d

I use it on my om-d use sdhc 16 and 32 gb sandisk and verbatim in class 6 and 10.
I tried to show a uxci 64 and 128 gb but do not work on the machine.
greetings to all
avchd

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
I ignore class ratings and look for read and write speeds. The cards characteristics seem to vary within each of the class. I fully believe that the classes are just an easy way for users to meet minimum standards.

I use Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro, or Lexar Professional cards of either 16GB or 32GB sizes with a minimum of 45MB/sec transfer rates.

ice_man

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Z
I only use the best for my SD and CF cards.

Sandisk.

Also asked my brother to get me some of this awesome sd case.

Photo by my friend:

a8y2y7a6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tapatalk.

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
Would like to hear more about the WIFI cards as well.

PRO's
CON's

I have a eye fi card I can use when clients want to hold the iPad see whats up
the thing eats the OMD batteries though :) but its cool

I dont use it much at all ?

Hunter5117

Mu-43 Regular
None of my current cameras give me any issues with SD cards and I do have a few odd balls that I got with camera kits etc. Back when I was shooting video with a hacked GH2 with the bit-rate turned up, nothing would record reliably except the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mbps cards. I still have a few of those including one 64gb one and none of them have ever thrown an error even shooting long takes of high rate video - video is on Canon now they don't seem to stress the card as much as the GH2 did.

Latest threads

Top Bottom