What potential new feature would make you buy the E-M1iii?

What single potential new feature would make you buy the E-M1iii?

• New sensor (higher Mp, notably better DR)

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Improved EVF

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • AF joystick

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Hand held hi-res

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Live ND

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Improved AF (incl "AI")

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Sensor tweaks (lower base ISO, improved "coatings"/stack)

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Better JPEG processing - e.g. better NR with high ISO

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GPS

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

hoodlum

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, you’re probably right @hoodlum.

Nice grab on that 17mm. I’ve been angling for the 25mm pro for months now. Maybe soon...
I've been thinking about getting a 35mm equivalent lens for a few years but was hesitant on price for the f1.2 and didn't like the IQ from the f1.8. With the latest PRO lens price hike I figure the used price will bottom out for a while now. I can always resell it after a year if I don't end up using it that much.

robcee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob Campbell
I've been thinking about getting a 35mm equivalent lens for a few years but was hesitant on price for the f1.2 and didn't like the IQ from the f1.8. With the latest PRO lens price hike I figure the used price will bottom out for a while now. I can always resell it after a year if I find I don't use it that much.
the 17mm pro is my next next lens. Like yourself, I find the 17mm f1.8 a little lacklustre for landscape shots, but it's a decent little close portrait and walking around lens. I've got the 17 and 25 in the Voigtlander's and they're great for light gathering ability, but the lack of autofocus and weather sealing make them impractical in imperfect conditions. The eccentricity of the Voigts can be limiting as well for things like astrophotography.

At the risk of further derailing this thread, I really hope Olympus comes out with a 10 and/or 12mm Pro to round out the set.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Ya but they should be doing that now with the currently released models with FW updates. No need to wait for a new model release.
I agree. There was huge changes in E-M1I with all the firmware releases. With E-M1II...not so much. At this rate, E-M1III will only get corrections after launch.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom