What piece of gear do you use the LEAST?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sprinke, Apr 16, 2012.

1. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Just wondering what piece of gear you use the least. Could be anything: lens, filters, accessories, what have you. What's sitting around gathering dust in your house?

For me, it's a handheld stabilizer for video. I tried it a few times but it's such a bitch to get properly balanced. I've never actually used it for any videos ... instead I have been using the tripod.

2. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Circular polarizer.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    some m42 extension tubes

4. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Definitely my hotshoe cover :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Hmmm I have some very underutilized pieces of gear.

Monopod:too nervous about taking it on airlines when I travel. Too big to fit inside my slingbag or backpack. If I'm doing low-light work I feel like I might as well take my tripod.

3 stop ND filter: always seem to forget it, or rarely can be bothered to get it on in the heat of the moment. :p

IR filter: got it at Christmas and I've taken a few shots with it, but I haven't figured out the post-processing. Also the long exposures seem really noisy on both my E-P1 and G1. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong.

6. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    A toss up between my 9x12 plate camera and Polaroid Land camera. Probably because I cannot get plates or polaroid film packs for those cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  7. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    3-way tie between the monopod (used once for an airshow), the 14-45 kit lens for my GF1 (used once to make sure it worked) and the 14-42 kit lens for my GH2 (used once to make sure it worked).

8. bfenner

bfenner Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    I'm going with my Wandrlust pinhole lens cap. I just don't use it very often and was never thrilled with the results.

9. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Sadly my tripod. I must start using it!

10. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Tripod, no doubt about it......

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Piece of gear that I still have? Lots of stuff I don't use, I move on.

Tripod or CPL is the least used that I still own, but they are MOST useful for when you need them!

Actually, maybe the sensor cleaning kit is the least used :)

12. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Like WT21, there's lots of stuff that I own but don't use. Of the things I carry with me in my bag, however, the Pinwide is my least-used item as well. On the other hand, I do like the results when I remember to use it:
    PC224786.

13. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Mmmmm...where do I start ?? lol. Probably Tripod(s) however yes they are handy so I always carry one in my car. And camera gear bags... I have one or 2 favs, the others I seldom use.

14. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    Sadly, my Pentax 67 setup. I thought it would hold some value but yikes! Three lenses (45, 105 and 300, 2x extender). It's in a backpack under my desk...

15. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    My e30:)

- Eliot

16. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Least used - flash; 2nd least used - 14mm; 3rd - iphone camera since I moved into m43. :)

17. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    My gf2 and 40-150mm...

..i didnt even bother buying a tripod. (useful when you need it, but im too lazy to carry one everytime i hit the streets)

18. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    To stay within the bounds of :43: gear, the equipment I least use is certainly the FL14 flash. But I got it for free with the camera (Olympus special offer at the time), so it's no big deal to keep it along just in case.

19. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Least used: Flash (FL-50); too big/unbalanced, though I did get it cheap.
    2nd least: Tripods; take too long to set up, haven't felt the absolute need to carry/use.
    3rd least: 7-14; still getting used to an FOV this wide.

20. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Extension tubes, and C mount lenses. Bloody waste of like twenty dollars :rolleyes: