1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What piece of gear do you use the LEAST?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sprinke, Apr 16, 2012.

1. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Just wondering what piece of gear you use the least. Could be anything: lens, filters, accessories, what have you. What's sitting around gathering dust in your house?

For me, it's a handheld stabilizer for video. I tried it a few times but it's such a bitch to get properly balanced. I've never actually used it for any videos ... instead I have been using the tripod.

2. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Circular polarizer.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    some m42 extension tubes

4. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Definitely my hotshoe cover :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Hmmm I have some very underutilized pieces of gear.

Monopod:too nervous about taking it on airlines when I travel. Too big to fit inside my slingbag or backpack. If I'm doing low-light work I feel like I might as well take my tripod.

3 stop ND filter: always seem to forget it, or rarely can be bothered to get it on in the heat of the moment. :p 

IR filter: got it at Christmas and I've taken a few shots with it, but I haven't figured out the post-processing. Also the long exposures seem really noisy on both my E-P1 and G1. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong.

6. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    A toss up between my 9x12 plate camera and Polaroid Land camera. Probably because I cannot get plates or polaroid film packs for those cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  7. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    3-way tie between the monopod (used once for an airshow), the 14-45 kit lens for my GF1 (used once to make sure it worked) and the 14-42 kit lens for my GH2 (used once to make sure it worked).

8. bfenner

bfenner Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    I'm going with my Wandrlust pinhole lens cap. I just don't use it very often and was never thrilled with the results.

9. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Sadly my tripod. I must start using it!

10. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Tripod, no doubt about it......

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Piece of gear that I still have? Lots of stuff I don't use, I move on.

Tripod or CPL is the least used that I still own, but they are MOST useful for when you need them!

Actually, maybe the sensor cleaning kit is the least used :) 

12. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Like WT21, there's lots of stuff that I own but don't use. Of the things I carry with me in my bag, however, the Pinwide is my least-used item as well. On the other hand, I do like the results when I remember to use it:
    PC224786.

13. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Mmmmm...where do I start ?? lol. Probably Tripod(s) however yes they are handy so I always carry one in my car. And camera gear bags... I have one or 2 favs, the others I seldom use.

14. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    Sadly, my Pentax 67 setup. I thought it would hold some value but yikes! Three lenses (45, 105 and 300, 2x extender). It's in a backpack under my desk...

15. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    My e30:) 

- Eliot

16. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Least used - flash; 2nd least used - 14mm; 3rd - iphone camera since I moved into m43. :) 

17. Adubo

Adubo SithLord Subscribing Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    My gf2 and 40-150mm...

..i didnt even bother buying a tripod. (useful when you need it, but im too lazy to carry one everytime i hit the streets)

18. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    To stay within the bounds of :43: gear, the equipment I least use is certainly the FL14 flash. But I got it for free with the camera (Olympus special offer at the time), so it's no big deal to keep it along just in case.

19. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Least used: Flash (FL-50); too big/unbalanced, though I did get it cheap.
    2nd least: Tripods; take too long to set up, haven't felt the absolute need to carry/use.
    3rd least: 7-14; still getting used to an FOV this wide.

20. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Extension tubes, and C mount lenses. Bloody waste of like twenty dollars :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.