What photography related item did you sell this week?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, May 16, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    No more M mount lenses for me. Today I went to Melbourne and sold all of my Voigtlander, Minolta and Leica lenses. I'm not sure whether I'm going to regret it, but I realised that manual focussing is no longer a real option for me. Even with focus peaking on the E-M1, I found focussing less than enjoyable, so goodbye 12mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 50mm, 75mm, 90mm and 135mm. All that's left is a Voigtlander M4/3s to M mount adapter and a Leica OUFRO extension tube, which may end up on eBay soon. It was much easier selling everything in one hit, rather than trying eBay one by one.

On another note, I was able to hold the new Leica T, a very solid camera as well as good looking, but not for me, not all that comfortable in the hand. The dealer refers to the Leica T as the 'girlie' camera, and this is from someone who is an absolute Leica fan. Anyway, hopefully the lenses will go to a good home, the Minolta CLE lenses were the first ones the dealer grabbed and the 28mm certainly looked nice on a Minolta CLE, as did the CLE, which I've never before seen in the flesh.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Ive recently sold

Sigma 30mm Art lens
    Lumix 20mm f/1.7 mk1
    EPM2
    G6 (up for sale currently)

There was nothing wrong with any of these but it is my second time owning a few of them. I am always kind of experimenting with new items (call it GAS if you will), but as of late Ive left my steady job to possibly pursue a creative career and see where it takes me. So that means my kit has to be all business.

I've decided to keep my EP5 + VF4 and use the following lenses.

Mzuiko 25mm f/1.8
    Mzuiko 45mm f/1.8
    Mzuiko 75mm f/1.8

Minolta 50mm f/1.4 MD

Mzuiko 12-40 f/.28
    Lumix 100-300

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    My lens catalogue has reduced significantly now and, as far as my usable inventory goes, I've now got my 4/3 lenses and a Nikon 300mm, which is one lens that I can still manually focus with relative ease. I do still have a Vivitar solid cat mirror lens, an Olympus 80mm macro and some old Minolta lenses which probably aren't worth selling.

4. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I sold my Ricoh GR Digital (GRD1) on Ebay. It's a neat camera, a cult favorite of street shooters, but I've upgraded to a GRD3.

Micro Four Thirds is my system, but it's fun to get an entirely different kind of camera once in a while for the price of a Micro Four Thirds lens.

P4180494b_800.jpg

P4180489b_800.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I was in a veritable candy store today (Camera Lane , Melbourne) where I sold all the lenses. It's a good thing that I managed to maintain my self-control and that I only had minutes left on my parking meter, 1/2km away, else I would have come out cash poorer, but gear richer. Which was the last thing I needed. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1