1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

What photography related item did you sell this week?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, May 16, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    No more M mount lenses for me. Today I went to Melbourne and sold all of my Voigtlander, Minolta and Leica lenses. I'm not sure whether I'm going to regret it, but I realised that manual focussing is no longer a real option for me. Even with focus peaking on the E-M1, I found focussing less than enjoyable, so goodbye 12mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 50mm, 75mm, 90mm and 135mm. All that's left is a Voigtlander M4/3s to M mount adapter and a Leica OUFRO extension tube, which may end up on eBay soon. It was much easier selling everything in one hit, rather than trying eBay one by one.

On another note, I was able to hold the new Leica T, a very solid camera as well as good looking, but not for me, not all that comfortable in the hand. The dealer refers to the Leica T as the 'girlie' camera, and this is from someone who is an absolute Leica fan. Anyway, hopefully the lenses will go to a good home, the Minolta CLE lenses were the first ones the dealer grabbed and the 28mm certainly looked nice on a Minolta CLE, as did the CLE, which I've never before seen in the flesh.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Ive recently sold

Sigma 30mm Art lens
    Lumix 20mm f/1.7 mk1
    EPM2
    G6 (up for sale currently)

There was nothing wrong with any of these but it is my second time owning a few of them. I am always kind of experimenting with new items (call it GAS if you will), but as of late Ive left my steady job to possibly pursue a creative career and see where it takes me. So that means my kit has to be all business.

I've decided to keep my EP5 + VF4 and use the following lenses.

Mzuiko 25mm f/1.8
    Mzuiko 45mm f/1.8
    Mzuiko 75mm f/1.8

Minolta 50mm f/1.4 MD

Mzuiko 12-40 f/.28
    Lumix 100-300

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    My lens catalogue has reduced significantly now and, as far as my usable inventory goes, I've now got my 4/3 lenses and a Nikon 300mm, which is one lens that I can still manually focus with relative ease. I do still have a Vivitar solid cat mirror lens, an Olympus 80mm macro and some old Minolta lenses which probably aren't worth selling.

4. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I sold my Ricoh GR Digital (GRD1) on Ebay. It's a neat camera, a cult favorite of street shooters, but I've upgraded to a GRD3.

Micro Four Thirds is my system, but it's fun to get an entirely different kind of camera once in a while for the price of a Micro Four Thirds lens.

P4180494b_800.

P4180489b_800.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I was in a veritable candy store today (Camera Lane , Melbourne) where I sold all the lenses. It's a good thing that I managed to maintain my self-control and that I only had minutes left on my parking meter, 1/2km away, else I would have come out cash poorer, but gear richer. Which was the last thing I needed. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1