What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
I am thinking of selling my old Sigma 60mm f 2.8 DN Art on M4/3 mount BUT it's so hard to do it because it was one of my favorite lenses for a very long time and I used to have it glued on my camera so much I got used to "seeing" the world in 120mm Equiv. And because the silver aluminum casing is so soft I got so many scratches on it I kind of fell in love with the look of the heavy usage, like a wonderful piece of history like the old brass cameras (just silver instead of gold).
The reason I'm thinking of selling it (besides the extra cash) is that Olympus 60mm f 2.8 Macro does the same job just as good if not a bit better AND more versatile with the Macro function ... and then there's also the Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f 2.8-4 wich can do 60mm at f 2.9, it's very sharp and it's a zoom.
I'm also thinking of selling off my old Olympus HLD-7, like new, since I upgraded to Mark III, I have no use for it.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I am thinking of selling my old Sigma 60mm f 2.8 DN Art on M4/3 mount BUT it's so hard to do it because it was one of my favorite lenses for a very long time and I used to have it glued on my camera so much I got used to "seeing" the world in 120mm Equiv. And because the silver aluminum casing is so soft I got so many scratches on it I kind of fell in love with the look of the heavy usage, like a wonderful piece of history like the old brass cameras (just silver instead of gold).
The reason I'm thinking of selling it (besides the extra cash) is that Olympus 60mm f 2.8 Macro does the same job just as good if not a bit better AND more versatile with the Macro function ... and then there's also the Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f 2.8-4 wich can do 60mm at f 2.9, it's very sharp and it's a zoom.
I'm also thinking of selling off my old Olympus HLD-7, like new, since I upgraded to Mark III, I have no use for it.
So, did you actually sell something? Or you're just thinking about it? In that case, I'm thinking of selling a Minolta Vectis S-1 w/28-56 mm. Haven't sold it yet. But the ad is up.
FV5_0918-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
So, did you actually sell something? Or you're just thinking about it? In that case, I'm thinking of selling a Minolta Vectis S-1 w/28-56 mm. Haven't sold it yet. But the ad is up. View attachment 871324
I haven't sold it yet, I'm working up the courage to part ways ... or someone to kick me in the butt to do it (sometimes that works too :p ... just don't tell me GF .... yet :p )

mcgillro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sold my Panasonic G9, which I bought in Feb 2019. At the time really wanted Olympus M1 Mk11, but didn't want to have to trave several hours to get one in my hands, and allowed myself to be talked into the G9. I did love the features it has, but it was just a bit large for my hands, and since I picked up a second hand M1 Mk11 and M5 Mk11, I hadn't used the G9. New owner is delighted - so happy all around :)

rrwilliams64

Mu-43 Regular
I sold my E-M5 II to pick up an E-M1 II.
Yep, the Em5II did most everything I needed.
Nope, I didn't NEED an E-M1 II.
Just wanted it

hehheheheheh
Life is short

Real Name
Walter
Sold a bunch of stuff this week. Didn't advertise it, but sold a nearly mint E-PM2 kit w/14-42 II R, 40-150 R, VF-3 viewfinder, LM1 flash, extra batteries, charger, cables, strap, and LowePro bag to a friend. He wanted a party camera and this fit the bill. Just sold a ZD 50-200 SWD, MMF-3, EC-14, and various bits on this site.

Now, do I have to buy something?

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Put out an ad for the TG-6.

Have had a rummage, so will do the same for an accumulated hoard of basic lenses and probably the GX8.

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
  • GM5 (basically gave it away to another mu43 member lol. looked at how much they go for on Ebay after- ouch!)
  • 12-32, 35-100 f/4-5.6
  • PL 15 f/1.7
Why? I decided to sell the small stuff to put money towards a new iPhone mini. The idea being I'll actually take photos and replace my dying iPhone 7. Don't really need the money- just trying to practice some 1 in and 1 out. I haven't been taking photos with the G9 either.

So then I find this amazing video from Markuspix

And then I'm fiddling with my G9 and decide to mess with video (because I'm not a video guy), then I'm playing around in premiere, next thing you know I'm playing with the color modes on my G9 to give me fantastic looking jpegs (I loathe editing raws because I spend too much time on a computer for work)... and then I realize the bug has bit me again, and I'm kicking myself for selling off the compacts.

Really though I'm happy the GM5 went to a good home and I am excited about the G9 + iPhone combo... but still I should've kept that PL15

Last edited:

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Coincidentally, I have also sold my PL15 this week. Why, you ask? The short answer is that I will use my P12-35 instead. The longer answer is that the PL15 has various advantages that didn't mean much to me in practice:
  • The PL15 is smaller and lighter. But in both cases, camera+lens doesn't fit in my jacket pocket, so I need a camera bag to carry the combination, and in that case it doesn't really matter to me that the P12-35 is a bit bigger and heavier. And if I really want a small package, I'll use the P20.
  • The PL15 can give you a shallower depth of field. But at this focal length, the DOF is not that shallow anyway. Unless you get really close to your subject, but I do not like the wide-angle distortion that you get when doing that. So in practice, I take pictures from farther away at this focal length, and then I prefer a deeper DOF, so end up stopping down the lens to f/4 or f/5.6 anyway. The P12-35 gives very similar results to the PL15 at those apertures.
  • 15mm is not my favourite focal length, so when I shoot with just one prime, I prefer the P20 (which surprised me with its small size, nice character and low price), PL25 or P42.5.
  • The PL15 lets more light through. That's the most important advantage for me, but it's not enough to justify keeping such an expensive lens. I guess I'll just have to crank up the ISO a bit more. And to be honest selling this lens also inspired some GAS (I have the "right" to buy something new with the money I got, right?), and I'm looking at purchasing the Olympus E-M1 III, which should give a 1 stop advantage over my current Panasonic G80. So where I shot at ISO 800 and f/1.7 with the PL15, I should then be able to shoot at ISO 1600 and f/2.8 with the P12-35 (with just a small difference in shutter speed).
I had bought the PL15 second-hand for € 310,25 (yes really), and now sold it for € 325, so I haven't lost any money in the process. :)

Last edited:

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
Coincidentally, I have also sold my PL15 this week. Why, you ask? The short answer is that I will use my P12-35 instead. The longer answer is that the PL15 various advantages that didn't mean much to me in practice:
  • The PL15 is smaller and lighter. But in both cases, camera+lens doesn't fit in my jacket pocket, so I need a camera bag to carry the combination, and in that case it doesn't really matter to me that the P12-35 is a bit bigger and heavier. And if I really want a small package, I'll use the P20.
  • The PL15 can give you a shallower depth of field. But at this focal length, the DOF is not that shallow anyway. Unless you get really close to your subject, but I do not like the wide-angle distortion that you get when doing that. So in practice, I take pictures from farther away at this focal length, and then I prefer a deeper DOF, so end up stopping down the lens to f/4 or f/5.6 anyway. The P12-35 gives very similar results to the PL15 at those apertures.
  • 15mm is not my favourite focal length, so when I shoot with just one prime, I prefer the P20 (which surprised me with its small size, nice character and low price), PL25 or P42.5.
  • The PL15 lets more light through. That's the most important advantage for me, but it's not enough to justify keeping such an expensive lens. I guess I'll just have to crank up the ISO a bit more. And to be honest selling this lens also inspired some GAS (I have the "right" to buy something new with the money I got, right?), and I'm looking at purchasing the Olympus E-M1 III, which should give a 1 stop advantage over my current Panasonic G80. So where I shot at ISO 800 and f/1.7 with the PL15, I should then be able to shoot at ISO 1600 and f/2.8 with the P12-35 (with just a small difference in shutter speed).
I had bought the PL15 second-hand for € 310,25 (yes really), and now sold it for € 325, so I haven't lost any money in the process. :)
Do you know what? I feel word for word the exact same as you do about the PL15 and I think your reply is a great reminder. Essentially it is not that compact and ultimately I didn't care for the FL. As much as I loved the GM5 for being a technical masterpiece I just didn't enjoy the form factor- might as well just use a phone at that point. I'd definitely get a long more with a GX85/9 style body if I ever try to go for smaller form factor (something reminiscent to my GF1, hell maybe I just use the GF1 again lol).

I think I would like the PL15 for type of stuff I want to shoot for video... but that is purely hypothetical at this point. I may end up just using the 12-35 a lot more for video. I guess I did make the right move and it should be nice that I've pared down my bag of primes, and why did I ever second guess my OG beloved 20mm?

va3pinner

Mu-43 Regular
My Pansonic G2 and a 14-140 lens. I gave it to a family that has 3 girls that are very artistic, and want to explore photography. I thought it would give them a start. They were pretty excited about it!

jederick

Mu-43 All-Pro
  • GM5 (basically gave it away to another mu43 member lol. looked at how much they go for on Ebay after- ouch!)
  • 12-32, 35-100 f/4-5.6
  • PL 15 f/1.7
Why? I decided to sell the small stuff to put money towards a new iPhone mini. The idea being I'll actually take photos and replace my dying iPhone 7. Don't really need the money- just trying to practice some 1 in and 1 out. I haven't been taking photos with the G9 either.

So then I find this amazing video from Markuspix

And then I'm fiddling with my G9 and decide to mess with video (because I'm not a video guy), then I'm playing around in premiere, next thing you know I'm playing with the color modes on my G9 to give me fantastic looking jpegs (I loathe editing raws because I spend too much time on a computer for work)... and then I realize the bug has bit me again, and I'm kicking myself for selling off the compacts.

Really though I'm happy the GM5 went to a good home and I am excited about the G9 + iPhone combo... but still I should've kept that PL15
I have a PL15 I will sell you for a reasonable price...I was thinking about listing it on Buy & Sell on this site.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Sold some Super 8 film cartridges.
One sound. Three "mute". For good money.

FV5_0763-01.jpeg
FV5_0762-01.jpeg

I'm not able to figure out what the heck the buyer is going to do with them, though.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
I sold a pair of compact binoculars that I often take on trips.
I replaced them some months ago with a higher quality so I didn't use them any more. I don't think I made a profit but it's nice to clear out the gear cabinet every once in a while.

I have a compact pair for when I am hiking and bringing camera gear, plus a larger pair for times I don't bring gear. Yes, there are times when I don't bring gear. Those are the times when the best wildlife show up.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Sold a less than mint HP PhotoSmart 945 ....

HP PhotoSmart 945-a.jpg
HP PhotoSmart 945-b.jpg

.... and a mint 4/3 f:4-5.6/40-150 mm ....

40-150 mm 5-01.jpeg

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Just sold:
Pentax K100D
w/SMC Pentax-DAL f:3.5-5.6/18-55 mm
DSC_0007-03.jpeg
DSC_0008-02.jpeg

Normally, I don't sell Pentaxes, but I wanted to get rid of my DAL 18-55 mm plastic bayoneted kit lens.
Shutter actuations: 23.301

Latest threads

Top Bottom