What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

NIlaga

Mu-43 Regular
what: EM10ii
why: collecting dust

....I'll use my phone for the occasional snapshots for now.

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Sold my P45-200mm, because I want to get a longer zoom lens (O75-300mm). I have always felt it was better than its reputation, and was generally happy with it. Only 40% depreciation in 8 years, seems pretty good.
Also, sold my P14mm pancake, to help fund the longer lens. (Similar story on depreciation).
I was very reticent to sell the pancake, but cold truth is, I have basically not used it for 2 years. I have a P20, and P12-32, and so it was just sat in a box doing nothing. I used to use it quite a bit as my only wide-angle option, when I had only a poor kit lens (mk1 P14-42), but now it's gone.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Sold my P45-200mm, because I want to get a longer zoom lens (O75-300mm). I have always felt it was better than its reputation, and was generally happy with it. Only 40% depreciation in 8 years, seems pretty good.
Also, sold my P14mm pancake, to help fund the longer lens. (Similar story on depreciation).
I was very reticent to sell the pancake, but cold truth is, I have basically not used it for 2 years. I have a P20, and P12-32, and so it was just sat in a box doing nothing. I used to use it quite a bit as my only wide-angle option, when I had only a poor kit lens (mk1 P14-42), but now it's gone.
Hi Rob, can I please ask where you got seemingly good prices for your offloaded kit.
I was quoted 60% loss in 3 weeks when I tried to sell one lens.
I take it you've posted your letter to Santa. ;)

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Since acquiring my PEN F I am trying to sell my low mileage EP5/VF4 combo-
EP5 ¶¶ 050 PF.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Hi Rob, can I please ask where you got seemingly good prices for your offloaded kit.
I was quoted 60% loss in 3 weeks when I tried to sell one lens.
I take it you've posted your letter to Santa. ;)
Hi Brian.

I traded stuff to MPB.

I think the key to my success is I am VERY tightfisted with what I buy. I have sat and watched prices for many months looking for good deals, and managed quite a few cashbacks as well. So I've never paid close to list prices, hence the low depreciation.

I have, in the past, made quite an artform of not buying recent models, looking out for deals posted on here, plus having alerts set up on the "HotUKDeals" website, plus using Google alerts etc.

For example, I bought my EM10ii about a year after the iii came out, during a cashback event, so paid 234 for a brand new boxed body. My E-PM2 I paid 170 for, boxed and new, and sold the kit lens for 55...

The key for me is to avoid buying "the latest thing", which I do find quite difficult!

Cheers,

Rob

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Thanks Rob.
I think we must be distantly related somehow as your principles are the same as mine. :whistling:
Most of my recent purchases have been bought used after scouring websites for a good deal.
My E-M5 with less than 300 shutter count cost me £150 and I recently paid £300 for a mark 2.
My Olympus 60mm macro was snapped up from a colleague who was switching to a Z6 (where have I heard that before :laugh: ) and it cost me just over £200 for the mint copy.
I've got a few unused items that I got good deals on and am hoping to move them on in readiness to go for the 12-45mm f4 Pro (but not at current prices).
Cheers bruv.

mfturner

Mu-43 Veteran
Today, partially to fund the m5.3+14-150 i just bought, but mostly to let go of stuff i never use anymore, I emptied out the last of our film stuff. There were lots of memories in that stuff. The nikonos bodies were my bomb proof, go everywhere bodies that I used in the 80's and 90's, from backpacking in the Canadian Rockies to trekking in Thailand and Malaysia, hiking down into the Grand Canyon, snorkeling in the Keys, canoeing the Everglades, Yosemite, space shuttle launches, lots of fun in those bodies. The Canonflex RP kit was my father in law's kit, bought while he was on duty in Guam around the time my wife was born, and she used the kit through high school. Oh, and the m5 replaces my m10.3 kit, I really wanted a weather sealed combo and the current sale pushed me over the edge. Time to move on and let go.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Canon EOS 300 body, close to mint. Bought it on a flea market with kit 28-80 mm lens. Sold the lens long ago for more than I paid total.
FV5_0542-01.jpeg

Now I got about US12 for the body.
Good riddance!

EDIT: Just going out to pick up my Sun f:2.5/28 mm [PK mount] that I got for the 12 bucks. Easy come, easy go... ?

Last edited:

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I sold my silver stuff, along with some other things. Also have some other ads out. The no #1 ad site had half price on this category now so there was a good time to put out some things. Autumn cleaning :)

• E-M5.1 with 25/1.8, a guy that wanted to go from heavy DSLR to this system! Real fun, I think he will enjoy it.

• 45/1.8 (silver also), to some guy that wanted to use it for filming! Interesting, it should become nice films with this lens.

• Pentax-A 50/2.8 macro. I think I had too low price on this one, because some guy contacted me like 15 minutes after I put the ad and said he wants it! :) and then afterwards two other persons asked about it before I removed the ad.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
G6. One down, one more to go.
BCC8A584-7C23-4B23-81B5-ABC25C441356.jpeg
Quite good cameras, but could never stop accidentally shifting the white balance button. Thumb to fat!

Latest threads

Top Bottom