What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
Well, I thought that I will try this forum, but after reading rules I was just lazy to do it here. Lenses are on "marktplaats" ( Nederland website, I live here) and camera is on bazos (Slovak website, i am slovak). Camera is already sold. I will stay on this forum as a Subscribing member as I LOVE this forum, a lot of useful information.

And another thing was that I don't like to ship items over, I never did it and refusing to do it, I sell always in person. If you want I PM you with links, and If I found time I place them later here .. maybe.

EDIT: WHY? I am about to buy Nikon Z6, as I have no need for Olympus for photographing people (not sport, not wildlife) Also ISO in Oly. is bothering me more than I would want. So, let sey for peace of my mind :)

why don’t you also list those items here? We need more european footprint in the marketplace, I’d rather buy/sell from users than from shops or ebay..

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
We need more european footprint in the marketplace, I’d rather buy/sell from users than from shops or ebay..
I kind of agree, but I listed some items here before and got no reactions at all. That wasn't really encouraging. But I do realise that not posting anything won't help either. So I'll go and make a new listing there right now. ;) (By the way, speaking for myself here, not for TomasT. :) )

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sold my Olympus 17mm f/1.8. I was never really happy with the results I got from it. I wanted to like it, especially when I saw people say "this is my favourite lens, it is very sharp" etc. But no, the photos were usually just "good enough", and I want more from a prime lens.

threeOh

Mu-43 Veteran
Sold 11 Fuji lenses, 2 bodies and a spare 12-32 that came with a recent GM1 purchase.

I guess I'm now here.

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sold my Olympus 17mm f/1.8. I was never really happy with the results I got from it. I wanted to like it, especially when I saw people say "this is my favourite lens, it is very sharp" etc. But no, the photos were usually just "good enough", and I want more from a prime lens.

Are you going to replace it?

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Are you going to replace it?
I am considering replacing it by the Panasonic 15mm f/1.7. The used prices on that are quite high though. I bought the Olympus 17mm for € 220, whereas the 15mm goes for € 350 now.

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
I am considering replacing it by the Panasonic 15mm f/1.7. The used prices on that are quite high though. I bought the Olympus 17mm for € 220, whereas the 15mm goes for € 350 now.

I picked a 15mm f1.7 few weeks ago, and love it. But I still have the Oly 17 too. I like the FL a lot, so not sure I'll be able to let it go....

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I picked a 15mm f1.7 few weeks ago, and love it. But I still have the Oly 17 too. I like the FL a lot, so not sure I'll be able to let it go....
Right. I much prefer the 25mm focal length, and tend to only use wider focal lengths if I really have to (because I'm photographing in a tight space or whatever). I may even be OK with using the 12-35mm for such situations (and hoping the f/2.8 aperture won't be too much of a problem)...

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
Right. I much prefer the 25mm focal length, and tend to only use wider focal lengths if I really have to (because I'm photographing in a tight space or whatever). I may even be OK with using the 12-35mm for such situations (and hoping the f/2.8 aperture won't be too much of a problem)...

With the 12-35 you are pretty well covered in terms of focal lenght, and the lens is excellent also in terms of IQ. You need to analyze what tight spaces means for your photograhy, when I shoot in a tight place I often find myself indoor with less than optimal light ... Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the "what you sold" thread:)

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sold the 14-140mm lens. Since getting the Pro zooms I hadn't touched it.

I am quite happy with my kit now. No need to sell or buy any more lenses now. :whistling:

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
Just sent off my loved Panasonic 14 + GWC and well liked Olympus 14-150ii to purchasers from Buy & Sell.

Since getting my Kowa 8.5, it has taken over my wide angle option. I really liked the Panasonic 14 for its compactness and clean images. I will probably miss that. But I need to free up some funds.*

I bought the 14-150ii specifically to have a weather sealed travel option. It serves that purpose perfectly. It does show it's limitations when it comes to light gathering, but for what it is, it is a great option. I sold it to free up funds.*

*I bought a 12-40Pro from a member. I have found that my photography is shifting toward landscapes and wildlife. I hemmed and hawed over going with the 12-100 or 12-40 to repace the 14-150 to get better IQ and some speed. In the end the 12-40 won out because of size, weight and cost. Also, I realized that I don't really shoot in the 50-100 range much, save macro with the Oly 60.

I will also probably add the 12-32 or a 14-42 back at some point. It is nice to have a compact option.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Sold the Olympus 40-150 Pro with the 1.4X tele extender, and I have an ad out selling off the 100-300 Mk1, funding will go towards the PL 50-200, crossing my fingers of it showing up on some campaign in the spring/summer as it did last year.

To make up the tele side of things untill then, the kit P 35-100 will carry the day, a lens which I have used as a general purpose carry around as I found the Olympus to burdensome to lug about, on the off chance of needing it and I very seldom used it without the TC mounted so that it was for all practical purposes a 56-210mm F/4.0.

Last edited:

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Sold a rarely used Panasonic Leica 15mm f1.7 It was purchased to compliment my Olympus 25mm f1.8, which I will own as long as I shoot micro four thirds (seriously special lens to me) but wanted a wider capture of kids indoors with low light. For some reason, I just kept grabbing the 25 even if it meant missing some of the context around my subject. Sold to a forum member who I hope will enjoy it. When outdoors in good light or indoors with static subject I'll use the 12-40 PRO for the wider shots.

ata3001

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ron
I need to post pics of a Sony RX100iii to sell. I bought it to have a small camera to suppliment my Nikon D500 but right after I got it, I sold the D500 & bought a digital Pen F. That meant the Sony just sat in a Billingham Hadley Digital camera bag in the closet. Time to sell it. I'll need to post pictures of it on the Buy & Sell page.

ata3001

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ron
Sold a rarely used Panasonic Leica 15mm f1.7 It was purchased to compliment my Olympus 25mm f1.8, which I will own as long as I shoot micro four thirds (seriously special lens to me) but wanted a wider capture of kids indoors with low light. For some reason, I just kept grabbing the 25 even if it meant missing some of the context around my subject. Sold to a forum member who I hope will enjoy it. When outdoors in good light or indoors with static subject I'll use the 12-40 PRO for the wider shots.
I just recently bought a LN PL 15/1.7.... Love it! Oh, and I wasn't your buyer.

Hazza

Just Clicking
Real Name
Harry
GX8, LX100, P7-14, P12-35 f2.8, P35-100 f2.8. I really need to slim down my kit, as much as I love it all, I have way too much and the extra money will come in handy :)

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Came a step closer to the PL50-200 today, as the P100-300 MKI with the Roesch tripod mount was delivered to the new owner.

Leaves me a bit on the short end for a while, with just the kit 35-100, but needs must and such. The PL is holding its price at €1749, but dipped down to €1399 last summer, so I will hold the purchase for a while by principle. Being that I suck at private purchases, I will undoubtedly cave in on the waiting period, ending up with list price and then have it released on a campaign at a new all time low within 48 hours. The difference between the rebated and full price makes up for about half of the 1,4 TC so its a very cunning plan.

Latest threads

Top Bottom