What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

AlexMachine

Mu-43 Veteran
So I pulled the trigger and after 15 minutes negotations, got myself a brand new Olympus 40-150 pro and 1.4 teleconverter for 970€ total.
Quite happy about it and worth to drive to another city 100kms away.
Can't wait to take it out and try it. It's been 2 weeks heavily overcast and gray. But going to Play del Carmen for 2 weeks, so plenty of opportunities to use it with good light and "shoot" some local fauna and flora.
Edit: Of course I forgot the main thing. Sold my Olympus 75-300 II.

Last edited:
This one’s a return than a sell - Olympus EP-13 eye cup.
I first found out about it from this very forum and I assumed since it’s larger it will be better for someone who wears glasses like me. It’s not. Strange but true. The cup is not only larger width wise, its also deeper so my glasses are further away from the viewfinder and I end up with same or even smaller viewing area than the default eye cup.:doh::dash2:

Bummer. Took me about 2 days to realize that this isn’t going to work for me. I’m guessing the glasses need to be much smaller to have any benefit out of this.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
E-M10mklll bought on an impulse as it was on offer at Aus $599 (US$405) with 40-150 and 25mm 1.8. by redemption

Sold the body for $400 and as I already have the panny 1.7 I sold the 25mm for $300........................100 bucks in front and I get to keep the 40-150 :)

Last edited:

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
An unacceptably poor service by the Finnish postal service led me to buying a new E-M10ii (with 14-42mm) for 300EUR and that "rendered my other E-M5 obsolete". So I sold it with the new kit lens for 130EUR to my wife's sister. Since the postal services finally managed to deliver my E-M5III to me on Monday I've decided to sell my other E-M5(mk1) as well. I'm hoping to get at least 100 EUR for it (to cover some of the E-M10ii costs).

NIlaga

Mu-43 Regular
Just sold the PL15 f1.7.

EM10ii and 75 f1.8 left for sale. Just not using these as much as I thought I would.

jbruce

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
I don't do things by halves. I am on a mission to improve my technique - first part of the plan is to keep things simple.

The 7-14 stays (for now) because I enjoy taking pics of aeroplanes in confined spaces. However, some of the shots I was happiest with this year were panos shot at 40mm (see below) - the perspective is just better to my eye.

View attachment 788415
I'm curious, what is this aircraft with the tri-fold wings and counter-rotating props? An older model carrier aircraft perhaps? A model number and manufacture would be nice if you have the info. Thanks, John

Real Name
Walter
Sold my dark copper Tenba DNA 10 to a friend. Mint, only used to test fit gear. I realized that I prefer sling bags to messenger bags, so I sold it and bought a Mindshift Photocross 13 on the Black Friday sale. Selling the Tenba helped defray some of the cost of the new bag. :)

Real Name
Walter
I'm curious, what is this aircraft with the tri-fold wings and counter-rotating props? An older model carrier aircraft perhaps? A model number and manufacture would be nice if you have the info. Thanks, John

It's a British Fairey Gannet naval ASW and strike aircraft. The name is on the file, actually. A bit weird looking, but Fairey produced some fairly odd looking aircraft, like the WWII Barracuda torpedo bomber, which served for a surprisingly long time considering the Grumman Avenger was a better aircraft. The British did replace the Barracuda with the Avenger in the Pacific in the late years of WWII.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_Gannet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_Barracuda

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard

It's this one:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/70000194

Imperial War Museums have an interesting way of showing their aircraft on the web. Seems their new policy is to keep you guessing :)

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Just gave away my old late 90s Canon EF 28-105mm zoom to a friend for his offspring. All electronic so can't be used on m43 and not really worth anything.

kingduct

Mu-43 Veteran
Sold a GF1 that I bought with a 14-45mm kit zoom. Kept the lens for my E-PL2.

I didn't get much for the camera, but wasn't really looking for much. I'm just happy that somebody might use it.

Hazza

Just Clicking
Real Name
Harry
I decided that I had wayyyyyy too much gear so today I have boxed up a few items that I rarely use now. These include OlympusEM1, EM10mk2, Panasonic FZ1000, PL 12-60 (I deliberated long and hard about this one) and HLD7 grip.
I hate selling lenses but as good as the PL12-60 is, I always seem to prefer the 12-35 and 35-100 for their constant 2.8 apertures. No point keeping a lens that is hardly ever used, right?

I still have way too much gear but I need time to recover from the wrench before considering any more out goings. Of course the plus side is that I can now invest in another lens addition, maybe a Panasonic 8-18 or a Fuji 50-140 or Fuji 100-400.... I'd better stop there ;)

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Sold my K-5 and a couple of K lenses. Its features were too similar to my :mu43: bodies so it got little attention. I now have a K200d for wet weather and CCD shooting, no video, high ISO or wide range of lenses so it can stay as a niche product.

TomasT

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tomas Titak
Why are you selling them? And where?
Well, I thought that I will try this forum, but after reading rules I was just lazy to do it here. Lenses are on "marktplaats" ( Nederland website, I live here) and camera is on bazos (Slovak website, i am slovak). Camera is already sold. I will stay on this forum as a Subscribing member as I LOVE this forum, a lot of useful information.

And another thing was that I don't like to ship items over, I never did it and refusing to do it, I sell always in person. If you want I PM you with links, and If I found time I place them later here .. maybe.

EDIT: WHY? I am about to buy Nikon Z6, as I have no need for Olympus for photographing people (not sport, not wildlife) Also ISO in Oly. is bothering me more than I would want. So, let sey for peace of my mind :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom