What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sold a like-new Yongnuo 40/2.8 Nikon F mount lens for $60. It's a plastic-fantastic type lens, but still very good for that price. AF and everything. :) Crazy how cheap this hobby CAN be.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Today I shipped this:

DSC_0232-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_0229-01.jpeg

Sold as spare parts.

Last edited:

melanieylang

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My second copy of this lens has gone to a Gumtree buyer, who bought another lens from me this time last year also. I wanted to love this lens, but for some reason I never even liked it. Isn't it lucky we have so many to choose from?!
2021_0718_14104500-01.jpeg

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
My second copy of this lens has gone to a Gumtree buyer, who bought another lens from me this time last year also. I wanted to love this lens, but for some reason I never even liked it. Isn't it lucky we have so many to choose from?!
You know, I've had the same vague feeling about the 45. It's a lovely little thing, so I keep telling myself I need to get out with it more.

What have I sold?...

Lemme think...

OH- I remember now: Canon battery grip and batteries for the departed 20D, and a near perfect M42 focusing helicoid.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
I am selling off my Epson XP-970 A3 printer at the end of the week ... I just can't find a way to be economical in having a printing setup, at least one that has high quality and reliable output, might as well go with printing service.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I am selling off my Epson XP-970 A3 printer at the end of the week ... I just can't find a way to be economical in having a printing setup, at least one that has high quality and reliable output, might as well go with printing service.
Sorry to hear that, Ovidiu. However, printing successfully is an arcane art.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Sorry to hear that, Ovidiu. However, printing successfully is an arcane art.
Well I guess I don't have enough dark magic (cooked beans if you ask my partner what dark magic is) for it :p

Don't worry, I found someone interested who wants a trade plus £ for an Epson XP-8500.

If you are just printing on normal photo paper it’s significantly cheaper with the same or better quality to use a print service. The only thing a home print setup makes sense for is if you are printing on other types of paper or things other than paper.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Yesterday I shipped this:

DSC_0424-01.jpeg
DSC_0426-01.jpeg

Sold as spare parts.

Real Name
Andrew L
I let my Olympus XA go, posted it on eBay and it sold the next day (I suspected it would go fast). I made around $20 over and above what I bought it for a few months ago, so I don't mind. It just wasn't working for me, I wanted to implement it as a street camera, and it's nice and stealthy - in fact, the position of the shutter button is ideal for stealthy shooting, and the fact that it doesn't really travel when pressed, so people don't realize you've taken a photo. But being aperture priority is a turn-off, I need to be able to control the shutter speed. Also, the focus lever travels only a minute way between the marked distances on the scale, making it much harder than your typical rangefinder lens to scale focus. It might be better as a carefree snapshot camera, but since I already have the Ricoh GRIII for that, it's hard to find a value proposition for having another pocket-size camera.

ChuckG

Mu-43 Regular
I agreed to sell my Sony a77, a Tamron 18-270 lens and a vertical grip to MPB. They have a couple of lenses I am interested in.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Agreed to sell my Pana 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 for 200 EUR. I bought it a few years ago for 199 € so I made a profit. :D

EDIT: I put it for sale because I think I have used it less than ten times during the 3-4 years I've owned it.

Last edited:

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
As I mentioned in the buy thread, I bought an E-m1 mark II to complement the E-m5 mark III. In order to keep the purchase within the amount I wanted to spend, I sold an Olympus 12mm f/2 lens and an Olympus 25mm f/1.8 lens back to the store. I bought these two lenses used from the same store, and frankly I never used them much.

For me, the main reason I use the fast primes is for shooting indoors without a flash. The 12mm is too wide, and the 25mm tends to be too long for the normal indoor shoots that I do. The Panasonic-Lecia 15mm f/1.7 and Panasonic 20mm f/17 that I own tend to be in the sweet spot for indoor shooting in smaller rooms.

The $$ I made allowed me to pick up the HLD-9 battery grip and a second BLH-1 battery. One of the uses I see for the E-m1 mark II is for video shooting (using the modified firmware that allows > 30 minute recording), and these two will allow me to shoot much longer. In particular, the HLD-9 has a 5.5mm x 2.1mm power port that I can feed 9v directly to the camera. I have both A/C adapters and batteries that are good at supplying 9v. Now, I just have to see what the power draw is.

I really wished I had the $$ for the E-m1 mark III so I could use USB C-PD without using a battery grip, but I couldn't justify the extra cost.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Last week I shipped this:
DSC_0336-02.jpeg

and this:
DSC_0428-01.jpeg

And, in an unrelated shipment:
DSC_0262-02.jpeg

And bought almost nothing... 😔

ChuckG

Mu-43 Regular
I completed the sale of my Sony a77, a vertical grip, and a Tamron 18-270 lens to MPB.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Sold all my Micro Four Thirds gear for 2.7K £ ... replaced them with a compact alternative of a rangefinder-style camera, one pancake zoom, and one general-purpose super-zoom. I will make a post of how things are coming along as I get used to it (it's been only 3 days and one usage attempt at the moment).

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom