What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Sold some (more) stuff to weed out the pile:
409329488_d31c5124-90eb-420b-b24b-a28d24a0e6c5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

410351152_d4f4d11c-2823-4c12-b69e-1e2bff105e98.jpg

And more straps...
414169910_65f43ba0-53cc-4a08-a73f-240257320061.jpg

418283994_064d4b9b-b2bb-4d83-810d-94434316b3be.jpg

This Stars&Stripes strap was posted, and then sold 30 minutes later. Wish I had more of those...
405170175_b7a3b959-9ce2-49c5-8fd2-c2d4f9c48ee5.jpg

Two of the Olympus straps, actually.

Last edited:

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I've had it out for a month. Nothing.
Then I just doubled the price...
One has to be careful never to under price things.

I learned this 50 years ago with a house.

Had it on the market for $18,500 (a fair price) for 6 weeks.

Lots of interest, but no offers.

Jumped the price to $23,500, and sold it for $22,750 in under a week!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
^^^^^^
At first, I had about the same price as @Brownie put on his. Then I thought that maybe no one would think it was worth anything at the price. And raised it.
Same thing with the Kalimar bellows a couple of posts up. $10. Nothing. $20. Sold immediately...
About the house: now you'll pay that much for a pricey lens.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Keeping on spreading the gospel.
At a reasonable price/profit.... 😇
DSC_0197-01.jpeg
DSC_0209-01.jpeg

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
Sold my Minolta MD 50mm f 3.5 Macro, on sale I have my Pentax ES II and Pentax 110 SLR set, I need to put for sale an M42 Macro Bellows and a bunch of Micro Four Thirds adapters ... why? Shooting film is getting too expensive for me and I have even less time to "play" with non-native lenses ... though I am still considering getting one or two lenses that give me the type of results that no native lenses do: soapy bubbly bokeh and swirly bokeh.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Sold my Minolta MD 50mm f 3.5 Macro, on sale I have my Pentax ES II and Pentax 110 SLR set, I need to put for sale an M42 Macro Bellows and a bunch of Micro Four Thirds adapters ... why? Shooting film is getting too expensive for me and I have even less time to "play" with non-native lenses ... though I am still considering getting one or two lenses that give me the type of results that no native lenses do: soapy bubbly bokeh and swirly bokeh.
I'd keep the Pentax 110 set, and let the ME with zoom lens go, if I were you!
Don't be sentimental... 😼

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
I have over 70 cameras with only a few that don't yet work, but they will. I keep film in the refrigerator for when I want to do something different, I don't shoot it constantly. I am going to an event next weekend and plan to take a couple of vintage (WWII era) film cameras and my G9. That will be the first film in over a month. I'll likely shoot one roll each of 120 and 35 and leave the rest to the G9.

Same with vintage lenses. I have a bunch, don't shoot them that often, but it's a nice diversion when I do.

Don't sell it all off just yet, maybe you're just restless. In the grand scheme of things what will you gain? A couple of bucks and a little space? (Very little in the case of the 110!)

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Sold my film camera Canon EOS3000 yesterday.
Had bought it for the lens that was with it, a very nice EF 35-105 f/3.5-4.5 with push-pull action for zooming - one of the very first EF lens made by Canon in late 1980s. I thought I'd use the camera, but no...
Bought new batteries for it for testing and sold it for just 10$ more than the price of the batteries... The buyer already had lenses so didn't care for the lens.
210406_0924.jpg

Still have as extra this EF 50mm/1.8 ii (selling it because I have the newer and better STM version) and will probably sell soon my Helios 44-M as I don't use it anymore since I got a Zeiss Planar 50/1.4.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
I'd keep the Pentax 110 set, and let the ME with zoom lens go, if I were you!
Don't be sentimental... 😼

I have over 70 cameras with only a few that don't yet work, but they will. I keep film in the refrigerator for when I want to do something different, I don't shoot it constantly. I am going to an event next weekend and plan to take a couple of vintage (WWII era) film cameras and my G9. That will be the first film in over a month. I'll likely shoot one roll each of 120 and 35 and leave the rest to the G9.

Same with vintage lenses. I have a bunch, don't shoot them that often, but it's a nice diversion when I do.

Don't sell it all off just yet, maybe you're just restless. In the grand scheme of things what will you gain? A couple of bucks and a little space? (Very little in the case of the 110!)
Well the 110 set seems to stubbornly not sell for whatever reason. I do have a 2nd set of 110 lenses but their condition is not particularly good. Maybe I should test the two sets to see how much difference dust and\or fungus does. But of course the one I've been trying to sell here and on EvilBay is the clean and excellent condition set.

I do have a few film cameras, but I used them for decoration. I have a Kodak Junior 620 foldable film camera from circa 1920, it works (as far as I can guess) but I haven't developed a film with it successfully yet (I have one film in the camera and one in the fridge) but it's a difficult camera to use, with no through the lens focus system the focusing is done by guessing and it's not metric but in feet and I'm really terrible at judging distance. Also trying to covert 120mm to 620mm is not the easiest thing to do (as far as I managed to do).
I have the Pentax ES II which works perfectly, I have test it with 2 rolls of film, but it doesn't have a meter system. But it's a badass looking SLR.
I do have a Yashica Minister from circa 1950s and it's an awesome range finder camera ... The only issue is that I broke the lens and I don't have the funds to repair it, I got estimates of about 200 £, but it is the one camera I would love to have it CLA'ed.
Pentax ME that I received from the friendly @Erich_H stopped working reliably and I throw away a roll of film when the shutter was during at (what sounds to me) around 1\15 sec when in the viewfinder it was telling me it's going to be at 1\1000 sec and overexposed in bright daylight.

PS. And every little penny helps, I got 50 £ voucher on CEX and I'm hoping to get a used Panny 42.5mm f 1.7 to complete a portrait lens set (I love the Panny version for better MFD and flatter DoF for bokehrama).

Last edited:

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
I do have a few film cameras, but I used them for decoration. I have a Kodak Junior 620 foldable film camera from circa 1920, it works (as far as I can guess) but I haven't developed a film with it successfully yet (I have one film in the camera and one in the fridge) but it's a difficult camera to use, with no through the lens focus system the focusing is done by guessing and it's not metric but in feet and I'm really terrible at judging distance. Also trying to covert 120mm to 620mm is not the easiest thing to do (as far as I managed to do).
I have the Pentax ES II which works perfectly, I have test it with 2 rolls of film, but it doesn't have a meter system. But it's a badass looking SLR.
I do have a Yashica Minister from circa 1950s and it's an awesome range finder camera ... The only issue is that I broke the lens and I don't have the funds to repair it, I got estimates of about 200 £, but it is the one camera I would love to have it CLA'ed.
Pentax ME that I received from the friendly @Erich_H stopped working reliably and I throw away a roll of film when the shutter was during at (what sounds to me) around 1\15 sec when in the viewfinder it was telling me it's going to be at 1\1000 sec and overexposed in bright daylight.
Regarding the Kodak Junior, f-8 and be there. Set the aperture so your DOF is deep and shoot. Several of mine can be focused but it's all based on estimating distance. Yes, it's more difficult. If you do it you'll get better.

As for the film, so far every 620 camera I've tried works just fine with 120 provided you have a 620 spool on the take-up side. not saying they all will, but the ones I've tried do. The biggest concern is pinching from the feed side with the 120 spool. There's a tutorial on the Darkroom website for using 120 film by snipping the flange circumference down with fingernail clippers, it works well.

Little Fish

Mu-43 Regular
I Didn't sell it. I destroyed it. A 3LT Airhed Cine video head. After a few uses, the panning started sticking and was un-useable.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Regarding the Kodak Junior, f-8 and be there. Set the aperture so your DOF is deep and shoot. Several of mine can be focused but it's all based on estimating distance. Yes, it's more difficult. If you do it you'll get better.

As for the film, so far every 620 camera I've tried works just fine with 120 provided you have a 620 spool on the take-up side. not saying they all will, but the ones I've tried do. The biggest concern is pinching from the feed side with the 120 spool. There's a tutorial on the Darkroom website for using 120 film by snipping the flange circumference down with fingernail clippers, it works well.
Thanks, I have clipped using a nail clipper and sand paper the circumference of the 120 spool before putting the film in, it still gives a pretty jagged and heart breaking scratch every time I advance the film, it's not like the smooth winde that I get with 35mm film cameras. I have tried different ways of shooting with the Kodak, shooting at f 8 or even f 16 feels risky because I don't have a tripod and the shutter speed is dragging quite low, even though the shutter is leaf type. I will surely try again, possibly in a couple of weeks.

Real Name
Mark
Sold off some stuff that was just sitting around to fund a Helios 44-2 that I'll actually use.
  • A Tenba DNA 13 bag. Much too big since I sold all my Canon stuff a couple of years ago
  • An Olympus OM 28mm 3.5. It's just not fast enough or special enough to get used.
  • A handful of different filters

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
Thanks, I have clipped using a nail clipper and sand paper the circumference of the 120 spool before putting the film in, it still gives a pretty jagged and heart breaking scratch every time I advance the film, it's not like the smooth winde that I get with 35mm film cameras. I have tried different ways of shooting with the Kodak, shooting at f 8 or even f 16 feels risky because I don't have a tripod and the shutter speed is dragging quite low, even though the shutter is leaf type. I will surely try again, possibly in a couple of weeks.
Pick your day. Those old cameras are weather-dependent. Bright sun and the right film.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom