What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

TomasT

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tomas Titak
So all is gone :) I mean all of my oly gear (around 5k euro) , What left is only speedbooster FD-MFT and trigger XproO . I am happy so far with my decision to buy Nikon Z6 (and primes) as I don't need for telephoto.

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
I recently bought a 40-150 Pro, which has basically made my Siggy 60 f/2,8 redundant. I've just sold the Sigma to part fund a MC 14 to go with the Oly zoom. The longer term plan is to replace the Sigma with the 56mm to get me some more of that f/1.4 goodness.

BB70Chevelle

Mu-43 Veteran
Been selling all my m43 gear due to switching to nikon. Still have a g9 body if anyone is looking. Everything else is sold.

NIlaga

Mu-43 Regular
Just sold a 75mm f1.8 to a pro. He is using what looks like a BMP4KCC as his B cam. Not sure what to get next, either a 25 1.2 or a 45 1.2.

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sent the Sigma 56 f1.4 back to Amazon. Used twice, very sharp but to "long" for my usual shooting and went against why i bought the e-m10.2

WT21

Super Moderator
I sold:
  • Canon FD 50/2.5 macro. It's not sharp enough wide open, and there are enough close-focusing lenses to meet my "semi-macro" needs
  • PL25/1.4. Just was not using it, and always felt "I should" creating lens choice conflicts ;)
  • P42.5/1.7. This is a very nice lens, but I just never chose it. I don't know why. Even when I shot FF, I never really got along with 85mm. I used this lens only for occasional portraits, but I can use some other lenses for that. I replaced it with a Sigma 60mm, which is not as fast aperture, but the focal length is more of what I want
  • P12-60 kit. This is a very nice lens, but I find I was always at 60mm. I prefer the Sigma 60 for that use case.

Saledolce

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I actually sold these since a few days now:
- Olympus 75mm f1.8, fantastic sharp lens but too long for portrait and in every other use case the 12-100 is giving me excellent coverage of that FL
- Sigma 56mm f1.4, awesome lens but when I want to pack small I generally pick the tiny 45mm f1.8
- PanaLeica 25mm f1.4, FL conflict with the awesome sharp an tiny 25mm f1.8, decided to consolidate on the small one
- Olympus 17mm f1.8, decided to keep the PL15.
- Olympus 12-40, it was always a bit squeezed between the versatility (and sync IS) of 12-100 and the primes.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Over the past 2 weeks (mailed the body to my favorite camera store) I traded my no-longer-used E-M1 Mk.1 in the Olympus Trade In, Trade Up promotion for an E-M1 Mk.3 body. I now have an E-M1 Mk.2 and a Mk.3. Still messing around with the Mk.3 setup and finally began cutting leather for the hand strap tonight.

MichailK

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Myself, a couple of weeks ago, send away both the 30/1.4 (never clicked with it due to size and hated the adjacent purple phantoms of light sources in night shots that appear under F2) and the 19/2.8 (less and less used, not that fast, not that small and most of all, focus always lost when powering off) along the kit 14-42iiR and its native WCON converter (too bulky for what it is, too soft away from center).

NIlaga

Mu-43 Regular
Why have you sold it? Are you selling all your MFT stuff?
It was mainly because I'm not using it much anymore. I originally bought the 25 1.2 for a trip to Japan but it might be long before we get to go on a non essential travel. I'm also looking to fund other hobbies for now. I might get a weather sealed m43 body, and this lens again when travel resumes.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
I chose to end the Nikon experiment for now, and from four :mu43: bodies I chose #5 (as usual) :dash2:

Off went the D600 and most NF lenses, off went the eM10b and gx7 and a few low-use micro lenses. GX8 incoming! The ePL8 remains for my small body.

Putting my kit money on lucky eights, it seems.. pardon my edit Amin?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

WT21

Super Moderator
Sold my Canon RP kit. That hurt. Should have rented it. I liked the output, but not the shooting experience. I did learn that I HATE left-sided on/off switches. I'm sticking with right-sided on/off switches from now on (that wasn't the only thing, but it was a super annoyance for me).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom