What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bo
View attachment 768799

with the Spyder5Pro+ Upgrade.

Didn't get as much as I wanted but it's a niche product so took what I could, covered most of the purchase below.

Moving to the X-Rite i1Display (mainly because the hardware calibration software for my monitors uses X-Rite under the hood and is happier with it)
May I ask what monitors you are using?
Just asking to gather information for the future.

Real Name
Amol
Sold PD Sling 5l. At one time I had both 5l and 10l, I stuck with 5l because it's more comfortable and perfect for m43. The 10l tragically has the same width strap as 5l while carrying double the weight. Now that I'm expanding m43 the 5l was a little too small. Guess I'll get 10l again :S

Side note, looks like PD items albeit expensive are extremely hot. Took about 2 hours after posting on OfferUp before someone came to pick it up.

rusteel

Mu-43 Regular
Sold my old Sigma 30mm f2.8 at B&H to fund a new portrait lens. Maybe Sigma 56mm f1.4 as soon as I get a credit thru B&H. Also, last month I sold my EM10m1 for EM1.2 during the Olympus trade in trade up thru B&H.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Sold PD Sling 5l. At one time I had both 5l and 10l, I stuck with 5l because it's more comfortable and perfect for m43. The 10l tragically has the same width strap as 5l while carrying double the weight. Now that I'm expanding m43 the 5l was a little too small. Guess I'll get 10l again :S

Side note, looks like PD items albeit expensive are extremely hot. Took about 2 hours after posting on OfferUp before someone came to pick it up.
I started with the PD Messenger 15, then added the 5L Sling. I find it a little small for some days where I want to carry a couple of zooms and sunglasses; it's still good for hauling the E-M1.2 and 12-100 alone. I recently bought the 10L Sling and can carry far too much stuff :doh: but it's handy for those times I want to have a body and a couple of lenses, a small notebook and my sunglasses.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
I started with the PD Messenger 15, then added the 5L Sling. I find it a little small for some days where I want to carry a couple of zooms and sunglasses; it's still good for hauling the E-M1.2 and 12-100 alone. I recently bought the 10L Sling and can carry far too much stuff :doh: but it's handy for those times I want to have a body and a couple of lenses, a small notebook and my sunglasses.
I sold my PD Messenger bag a few months ago. Many happy memories and travels with that bag but I messenger bags do my shoulders in too much now.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I sold my PD Messenger bag a few months ago. Many happy memories and travels with that bag but I messenger bags do my shoulders in too much now.
A fully loaded PD Messenger is a bear, but I use mine to take legal-size file folders and a notebook to client meetings as well as a body and a couple of lenses. Overloading is only an issue when I'm shooting for fun; the 300 and 40-150 add up to a chunk of weight.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
A fully loaded PD Messenger is a bear, but I use mine to take legal-size file folders and a notebook to client meetings as well as a body and a couple of lenses. Overloading is only an issue when I'm shooting for fun; the 300 and 40-150 add up to a chunk of weight.
I have a 300 f/4, 40-150 f/2.8, 12-100 f/4, 25 f/1.8, 60 f/2.8, 8 f/1.8, EM1 II, and EM10 in mine most of the time. I believe it it truly full.

Real Name
Amol
Is Messenger better than Sling style for larger loads or you prefer Sling 10l?

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Is Messenger better than Sling style for larger loads or you prefer Sling 10l?
When you get into the really big lenses like the 300mm Pro, Messenger 13 or 15 are the only PD shoulder or sling bags to use unless you're only carrying the one lens attached to a body. The Sling 10L is good for a body and 3-4 lenses. I can fit the 3 Pro lenses (40-150, 7-14, 12-40) and my E-M1.2 in the 10L sling while still having room for a 6"x8.5" notebook in the rear internal pocket and a sunglass case, spare battery and TC-14 in the front pockets with room to spare.

Real Name
Amol
When you get into the really big lenses like the 300mm Pro, Messenger 13 or 15 are the only PD shoulder or sling bags to use unless you're only carrying the one lens attached to a body. The Sling 10L is good for a body and 3-4 lenses. I can fit the 3 Pro lenses (40-150, 7-14, 12-40) and my E-M1.2 in the 10L sling while still having room for a 6"x8.5" notebook in the rear internal pocket and a sunglass case, spare battery and TC-14 in the front pockets with room to spare.
Gonna stuff D500 + Sigma 17-50 occasionally. I guess I'll settle on Messenger type.

Real Name
Mel
I sold my venerable and still great Nikon AFS 70-200mm 2.8 VR 1 to the same young man who bought my D800. He is a high school student who just sold his Nikon D7100 and other kit and lenses so he now has the D800 and 70-200mm 2.8. I gave him a good deal with A camera plate from RRS and a Kirk Tripod foot thrown in. He was on cloud nine and told me he was going to get a Tamron but thought it better to spring for the Nikon. I stopped in our remaining brick and mortar camera shop tonight to get a lens cap and got to talking to one of the guys behind the counter and I sold another really good lens, the 300mm F4, AF EDIF with box, case, leather lens hood, etc. Still got some lenses and other stuff but I might have just financed another trip to Ireland.

Real Name
Amol
Fuji X-T20 with 18-55 XF. It's exciting to keep multiple systems but got tired of Fujis interface and dials. Also Olympus pulls of retro look much better anyway.
I'm glad I didn't pour more money into it and stuck with 1 lens.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom