1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What photography related item did you SELL this week (and why)?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RichardC, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Well with all of this weekly buying going on, I figure that some things just have to go.

Just parted with this (it came attached to some legs which I've kept):

man-head.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Sorry I find that an alien concept.
    Sell, photographic... No just doesn't work :) 

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I sold off my Sony A7, kit zoom, 55mm and 64Gb Sd cards. The Sony went as I end up in too much pain holding it for more than a couple of minuets so am forced to go lighter, I am though not that bothered I feel that m43 is plenty good enough, will miss the rendition of the 55mm. I just do not fill up a 64gig card soon enough and it seems pointless having them around so they will be replaced with 16gb ones though the smaller you go the harder it is to find fast cards. I have put my 17mm 2.8 up for sale as the 1.8 version arrived in the house and its not needed, there is other stuff I am thinking about selling off just have to make my mind up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike G

Mike G Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London
    Mike Gorman
    A whole slew of Fuji stuff!
    Fujifilm 16-55 f2.8 R LM WR Fujinon Lens
    Fujifilm 35mm f1.4 R Fujinon Black Lens
    Samyang 300mm F6.3 Reflex ED UMC CS Lens
    Fuji 1.4x XF TC WR Teleconverter
    Fuji 2x XF TC WR Teleconverter
    Fuji MCEX-16 Macro Extension Tube
    Fuji MCEX-11 Macro Extension Tube

Reason too much gear that I never used!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Saledolce

Saledolce Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Italy
    I have the same issue, this topic could be kind of a therapy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ...well I did hold on to the Manfrotto 115 head for nine months having had absolutely no intention of ever using it :) 

7. jhawk1000

jhawk1000 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Kansas
    Mel
    Sold my trusty Nikon D700 with grip, two Arca Swiss Plates, box, all instructions, cables and 5 batteries. Hated to see it go but still have D800, D750 and my even older and trustier D2x plus a load of film Nikons, motors, lenses etc. Will be selling many of the lenses to upgrade my new Olympus system.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Traded my second E-M1 II for a second D500. For shooting motorsports, the D500 is just an easier tool to use.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ToxicTabasco

ToxicTabasco Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2018
    South West USA
    Trying to sell my Nikons since March. No takers, no response. In 2017 it was easy to sell a used DLSR and lenses, this year is not too good.

10. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't know. I posted a D600 on ebay a few months ago for $600 + shipping and it sold in hours. Selling on the forums is definitely more challenging. Everyone seems to be bargain-hunting.

You really have to find the right price point and let it go. Keeping it is not likely to get you a higher price, unless you get really lucky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. longviewer

longviewer Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 22, 2015
    SW Washington (Longview area)
    Jim R
    A few weeks ago I won a bid on a gx85. Having heard nothing from the seller I posted a status update, expecting a soft excuse to void their offer .. Yes my offer was that low!

In the meantime a gx7 (mark I :p ) was up at a still lower price and ending Soon, and I won that bid too. Almost immediately I heard the gx85 (7 mark.II) was shipping later that day.
    Whoopee..oops :dance2::blush:

After resets to both I was able to verify they work well, so now the gx7 will reluctantly be sent off. I do like how it fits but some of the mark II updates are worth having.
    Some day I may even try 4k video :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ollly 45mm 1.8 as I simply cannot see myself in a situation where I will use it despite thinking it's a cracking piece of kit. The sale went towards a 12-40 pro one of which I sold earlier and regretted it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. alex66

Jul 23, 2010
    OK so I have added to my for sale list; Sony 55-210 don't use it much and would prefer to have a lighter m43 one, G5 other cameras have pushed it out the G3 in white I like more. The Panasonic 14-45mm as I intend to buy the 12-60 'kit' zoom for its far better range. Finally a Nikon J1 it misses the essential for me viewfinder and as well as the zoom that came with the V1 its not something I will reach for, it was bought due to the 10mm on it and the combo was a lot less than the lens on its own. The Nex 6 is under consideration with the 50 OSS but I need it for a gig at the end of next wk and would have to get either the Panasonic 42.5 1.7 or the Olympus 45mm 1.8 before it goes. Given I am an absolute tight wad with buying stuff these have to come up at a good good price. So in a short period I will have sold 4 cameras, 6 lenses and 5 SDXC cards, that is a good good clear out I think even though some stuff has arrived in their place its less stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I sold my 300mm f4. It's a fab lens, but I just wasn't using it. I thought I'd get into wildlife more but I just don't have the time...

Now I'm wondering whether I should keep the 40-150?

15. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    40-150 Pro - Wasn't using it
    12-40 Pro - Wasn't using it
    60 Macro - Wasn't using it
    35-100 f2.8 - Wasn't using it
    100-300 II - Wasn't using it
    i40 Flash - Wasn't using it
    GH5 - Wasn't using it

This week going to sell:
    12-35 f2.8 - Not using it
    14-140 II - Not using it

[Edit:] Oh, forgot the 7-14 Pro as well! - Not using it - too heavy to carry around!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Wow Wow x 5
  16. alex66

Jul 23, 2010
    Just out of interest what are you using, have you gone to a different system or just a slim down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mike G

Mike G Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Just what I was thinking too. :confused-53:

18. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Slim down big time. When I came to M43 it was for the size & weight. By the time all the above had been collected my bag had got heavy again. Gone back to a small body (EM10-II) and just a couple of light lenses - now it's a little more fun again. For the rest.... I can use my phone!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tried Sony, liked it, but couldn't afford it! So have now sold the following:

A7 Mk II
    55mm f/1.8
    85mm f/1.8
    24-75mm f/4

I'm thankful for the £1 max fee deals from eBay! It's saved me £200 in fees!

• Like Like x 3
  20. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Wait, hey we’re running a deal where you paid no more than $1 in selling fees, rather than the usual 10% in selling fees?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.