what photography related item did you buy this week?

roboroto

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike
A possibly counterfeit B+W polarizing filter from CL FOR $30
I did the exact same! For $30 too.

Except it was from EvilBay instead, nominally shipping from Hong Kong? B+W SLIM MRC Digital CPL. Somebody seems to have taken legit photographs of what looks like the real product. Fairly likely not the seller's own picture, though... :hmmm:

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Bought my first ever UHS-ii card. No idea if there'll be any noticeable difference, I guess until I shoot some sports I won't know. They still aren't cheap, either. Mind you, compared to XQD they are! Something to consider for future camera purchases.

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
I did the exact same! For $30 too.

Except it was from EvilBay instead, nominally shipping from Hong Kong? B+W SLIM MRC Digital CPL. Somebody seems to have taken legit photographs of what looks like the real product. Fairly likely not the seller's own picture, though... :hmmm:
Yeah I kind of deserve this one though.

I won’t bore everyone with the details but it’s been a saga finding the perfect CPL for my 8-18. Part bad luck and partly (probably mostly) me just being way too anal about it.

I decided that the only CPL I’ll settle for now is the B+W kaessman because the other one I have is amazing. But I’m not gonna pay full price. I found this one on CL and everything checked out. But then some odd things about the box, it doesn’t look exactly like my other kaessman, etc.

The weird thing is if it’s fake it’s a damn good fake and is better than the preceding few I tried from urth, etc. The other funny thing is it was such a mission to haggle this lady and get into her gated neighborhood and it turns out she lives in the biggest mansion I’ve ever seen. If it is fake I will say there is money in these counterfeits.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
This was not supposed to happen:

20210513_211823.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was bought new in 2019, has 1639 shutter actuations, and the flash is fired 13 times... Only drawback is that it is not black, but hey-ho, I live well with a silver one for 150 bucks, when the only black one in the classified was well used and asking price 400 bucks. Oh, and it also came with the OEM handgrip... The GX880 is rather chunky beside it. 20 minutes drive away for the pick-up, so it was instant consumer gratification as well. :biggrin:

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
We are blessed with the insane close focusing of lenses like the 100-400 (did I mention somewhere I have a 100-400? I think I may have once). It's not always been this way.
and that's why the 4thirds 70-300 is tough to 'upgrade' from. Bulky yes (though not greatly more than native :mu43:), but f/5.6 and 1:2 closeups at 300mm. That's just silly bonus talent to throw into a telephoto zoom!

Antikytherapy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Killian
Photography adjacent, at least;
I bought a Spyder 5 screen calibrator (used).
I realised just how inaccurate my manual calibration attempts had been ?
Literally seeing my previous edits in a whole new light.

LucDeSchepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Luc de Schepper
I bought a Meike 50mm f1.7 (manual focus lens) in Nikon Z-mount for use on my Nikon Z6

First test image

51165092835_9aa5ec3673_b.jpg

Gromit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Richard
I've always been a big Nikon fan - there, I've said it - and have had at least one Nikon amongst my kit since the mid-80's. My longest-serving Nikon digital camera has been a D700 (bought in 2012) which continues to work perfectly, and will have to be prised from my cold, dead hands. I did yearn for a modern iteration though, and been looking at a camera which will be good for landscape photography.

My Olys (E-M1.2 & Pen F) will remain my 'go to' of choice, maintaining their position as my favourite cameras. I still think there's a certain 'something' about them which makes them a joy to use. I may invest in some longer glass too.

Anyway...this beastie arrived yesterday - Z7 with the Z 50-1.8S:

OMD10178.jpg

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
The half case for my Df arrived the other day. I was hoping it would fix a few ergonomic quirks this camera has, and it mostly has. Much more enjoyable to hold now. And it looks half decent too.
F7906724-9A81-47AA-A859-021A9CC7E08B.jpeg

90CF4CEB-E8C9-4854-914B-CF55F3796832.jpeg

The attached 24-85 is also only a week or two old. I went with a smaller kit zoom, as I feel this body simply can’t support the f2.8 fixed zooms...just too big. Thankfully this is a well regarded kit lens, and it fits the body nicely.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
After a few casual attempts, I grabbed a gx850 a few days ago. That frees up the GX7, which was stealing time from the eM1.
Now I have two substantially different cameras, and the gx7 can find a home where it can show off its stuff. :thumbsup:

Aviator

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Arturo
Well, I just won an auction on ebay of a Panasonic G9 for $770 USD (shutter count 5098), the camera looks cosmetically fantastic, it includes its original box and papers.

I was looking for a second body to join my EM-5 II, even if most of my lenses are Olympus and I could have bought the EM-5 III or the EM-1 II, (the EM-1 III is basically double the price than any of these 3 options), the G9 convinced me this time.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
The half case for my Df arrived the other day. I was hoping it would fix a few ergonomic quirks this camera has, and it mostly has. Much more enjoyable to hold now. And it looks half decent too.
View attachment 888217
View attachment 888218
The attached 24-85 is also only a week or two old. I went with a smaller kit zoom, as I feel this body simply can’t support the f2.8 fixed zooms...just too big. Thankfully this is a well regarded kit lens, and it fits the body nicely.
That thing is purdy.

Latest threads

Top Bottom