what photography related item did you buy this week?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
How much is it worth for us all NOT to put a bid in? :laugh:
That would be a lot of bribing to go around for the poor man to get his lens :rolleyes:
(At 29,514 members it might feel like one of those big Corp. lawsuits where the customers get a few cents payouts)

Slinky Malinki

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Neil
A Godox TT350o flash for off-camera lighting of macros. Looking forward to learning new techniques.
img_0321.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Whelp, my eBay cashback bucks just hit, and I had way more than I thought ($130). So what the heck, let’s cross another lens off the list for my dF. Came down to only $250 for a great condition 85mm 1.8g from MAP camera.
EDB99D02-2357-453B-A3B1-AACA3761C11E.jpeg

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Picked up the Olympus 30mm macro today. I was going to wait for a sale but came by a gift card that covered nearly a third of the price, so i could not help myself.

Armoured

Mu-43 Veteran
A Godox TT350o flash for off-camera lighting of macros. Looking forward to learning new techniques.

Would be very interested in hearing your opinion of this flash once you've had time to try it out and get comfortable. (Granted I'd have a different use but still). I'd have bought one before but never had any experience with the brand.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
As I discussed in the thread:
I bought an Andycine C6 external monitor for video (assuming I will be going to events where I record video in the future). Some of the important features of this monitor include:
  • Support for 2200 nit brightness for viewing in full sun, along with a fan to cool down the display when running at full brightness.
  • Smallish form factor. I would have preferred a 5" display, but the high brightness models tend to be 6/7".
  • Support for 12 volt input with a standard power plug in addition to using the Sony 970 batteries (both with A/C adapter for indoor use, and USB charger with C-PD and a cable to get 12 volts and 18 watts).
  • It has 8.4 volt output to power the camera, but I'm not sure whether I will use it or not, particularly with only one battery slot.
  • Touchscreen support.
  • Support for audio headphones so I can monitor the sound that is being recorded (the G85 doesn't have a headphone jack).
  • I suspect I will never use it, but it does support HDMI output.
  • It supports 4K, 1080p, and 720p inputs (the display is 1080p). At the moment, I use 1080p, but it is nice I can use 4K if desired. I also have a non-photo gizmo that wants a 720p monitor.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
A 9 led reading light from Amazon for lighting close up shots. £8.99
IMG_20210408_161129_551.jpg

Here's what it looks like clipped to the case of my epl-8

P4080314.JPG

Here's a close up shot without the light

P4080313.JPG

Here's a close up shot with the light

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
I have two Nikon LS 2000 scanners, one just refurbished and ready to run, one with a faulty mainboard. The latter one was mine from many years ago. I have all the accessories for both but one thing is wrong. The SCSI card was recognized in my windows 10 computer, but the scanner is not being recognized since it needs a SCSI driver which will not load. So I did the normal thing--put the Nikon Scanner away and went to eBay. Found a Pacific Image 3650 U scanner for the unheard of price of $39.95 plus shipping of $15. I jumped on it and it arrived today. It looks brand new and was in plastic in its original box. My wife, who is more computer literate, hooked it up, downloaded a trial copy of VueScan onto her computer and it worked. Not only did it work, it gave 44 Mb scans at the highest resolution with the anti-scratch ICE technology doing its thing. Mind you, my wife was used to a huge and very pricey drum scanner in her lab and she was impressed. Total cost with 3 year insurance----$58.08. Now I call that a steal.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I have two Nikon LS 2000 scanners, one just refurbished and ready to run, one with a faulty mainboard. The latter one was mine from many years ago. I have all the accessories for both but one thing is wrong. The SCSI card was recognized in my windows 10 computer, but the scanner is not being recognized since it needs a SCSI driver which will not load. So I did the normal thing--put the Nikon Scanner away and went to eBay. Found a Pacific Image 3650 U scanner for the unheard of price of $39.95 plus shipping of $15. I jumped on it and it arrived today. It looks brand new and was in plastic in its original box. My wife, who is more computer literate, hooked it up, downloaded a trial copy of VueScan onto her computer and it worked. Not only did it work, it gave 44 Mb scans at the highest resolution with the anti-scratch ICE technology doing its thing. Mind you, my wife was used to a huge and very pricey drum scanner in her lab and she was impressed. Total cost with 3 year insurance----$58.08. Now I call that a steal.
Pretty sure I dislike both you and your wife... :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom