what photography related item did you buy this week?

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Man, I got it bad. Picked up the pair of these this evening from craigslist.

Kodaks.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kodak Duaflex and Brownie Hawkeye Flash

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Do you intend to use them? Or is it just to pickup dust on a shelf?
If he has a big house he has to fill it up with something... Can't waste all that empty space you know :p

They are some beauties though, curious to know if they work and what they could produce as result :)

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
Do you intend to use them? Or is it just to pickup dust on a shelf?

Use them of course! Now that I can develop film it's a lot more cost effective.

If he has a big house he has to fill it up with something... Can't waste all that empty space you know :p

They are some beauties though, curious to know if they work and what they could produce as result :)

They both function fine, at least the cameras, not sure I can even find flash bulbs! They both shoot 620 which is no longer made, but you can substitute 120 which is the same film on a different spool. These are medium format cameras and produce a pretty big 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" negative. These are some of he original 'toy cameras', no adjustments, load film, point, shoot.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
5/25 bulbs for the Hawkeye, not sure on the Duaflex. I know now the Hawkeye was made January of 1952, the Duaflex would've preceded it by 2-5 years. I'm trying to figure out how to date it, so far no luck.

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
Oly 8mm f1.8 FE.
Cashback promo ends today, so decided pull the trigger on Wed, delivered yesterday. Cashback included, price was approx. 610EUR (calc. by av. EXR).
Expect to have some fun with it.

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Oly 8mm f1.8 FE.
Cashback promo ends today, so decided pull the trigger on Wed, delivered yesterday. Cashback included, price was approx. 610EUR (calc. by av. EXR).
Expect to have some fun with it.
Did the same thing and also expect a lot of fun with it - however price in Denmark incl cash back approx 790EUR (VAT in DK is 190EUR) for this lens.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Found the battery-grip with battery on the local equivalent of Craigs list today, for a song (30 bucks more than an OEM battery on its own), so a few texts back and forth and it was mine.

The fellow selling it also had a couple of lenses so some swift haggling got me the P-L 15mm for about $50 less than what he had it listed for.

Had a quick at it, a few shots on the way home for the golden light which has been fogged over for what seems like an eternity , in minus 15 dgrs C.

Not any particular interesting shots but I think it is well worth exploring further. The aperture ring on it is a nice feature, already used it more than the manual focus clutch on the Oly 17mm F:1.8, which has been a favourite for some years.
1f914.png

Winter wonderland001 (1 of 1).jpg
Winter wonderland003 (1 of 1).jpg

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
W0LF0012-Edit.JPG

HHHR with the Oly 12-40mm f 2.8 Pro. I love the texture in the bricks and the wood. The colors are gorgeous even though it's not much of a variety. I should have used f 8 for a bit more DoF though everything seems to be sharp and in focus except for the extreme edges. I have a feeling (just pure observation without confirmed analysis) that the lens is not up to 50 MP detail density between 85 and 100% of the frame from the center (meaning 85% from the center can resolve some or most of the 50 MP but the 15% can not).

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
View attachment 868789
HHHR with the Oly 12-40mm f 2.8 Pro. I love the texture in the bricks and the wood. The colors are gorgeous even though it's not much of a variety. I should have used f 8 for a bit more DoF though everything seems to be sharp and in focus except for the extreme edges. I have a feeling (just pure observation without confirmed analysis) that the lens is not up to 50 MP detail density between 85 and 100% of the frame from the center (meaning 85% from the center can resolve some or most of the 50 MP but the 15% can not).
Beautiful. Except for one thing. Well...two things. Can't you get rid of them?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Beautiful. Except for one thing. Well...two things. Can't you get rid of them?
Yes, I could, probably would take me half an hour or more but given that I'm in bed right now and I'm going to work in about 8 hours I would have to leave it for another day (maybe tomorrow).
BUT I do like it in a way because it adds a harsh contrast with the Covid19 and facemask sign on the door (this may sound a bit philosophical but the cones feel as intrusive in the frame and to the subject, the church stairs, as Covid19 in our society).

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Well, now, thinking about it before I fall asleep, I kind of want to make a small compilation of pictures where disturbance to the composition and framing (with intent) by Covid19 pandemic on our society forces the user to feel uncomfortable, that something is not right, that perfection is broken by an intruder.
Break the rules (well more like guidelines) of photography and composition, sounds like a challenge worth investigating, this pandemic won't last forever so why not take the opportunity.
Anyone up to or interested making a topic/subject/challenge on such an idea?

Latest threads

Top Bottom