what photography related item did you buy this week?

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
I didn't know you had any superfluous gear, Erik! :biggrin: Congratulations!

I have to confess: in general, I've been rather good about peeling off plastic protectors on new devices. Especially computer stuff. But the last few posts have reminded me that my 10-year-old A/V receiver and laptop both still have the display labels on them. At the time, I thought that being reminded about all the features I hadn't figured out yet would be helpful. :redface: And the way those labels are affixed just made it easier to leave them alone. I guess at this point there's no excuse, though!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I didn't know you had any superfluous gear, Erik! :biggrin: Congratulations!

I have to confess: in general, I've been rather good about peeling off plastic protectors on new devices. Especially computer stuff. But the last few posts have reminded me that my 10-year-old A/V receiver and laptop both still have the display labels on them. At the time, I thought that being reminded about all the features I hadn't figured out yet would be helpful. :redface: And the way those labels are affixed just made it easier to leave them alone. I guess at this point there's no excuse, though!
OK. I'll come to your house and peel them off, as they're well beyond the owner's grace period!

And superfluous: Well, I still have two more of those plastic ones. And one of the first gen, f:3.5-4.5/40-150 mm with metal bayonet and some heft to it. So I'm selling at least one, maybe both, of the plastic ones.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
OK. I'll come to your house and peel them off, as they're well beyond the owner's grace period!

And superfluous: Well, I still have two more of those plastic ones. And one of the first gen, f:3.5-4.5/40-150 mm with metal bayonet and some heft to it. So I'm selling at least one, maybe both, of the plastic ones.

Excuse me. If anyone other than Rev. G is peeling the stickers off, we should form an orderly queue (with me at the front).

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro

Is that for the original 4/3 mount? If it comes out with post at a reasonable price I may be interested.

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
As to stickers: I know every trick there is to remove stickers from any surface of a motorcycle or bicycle without effing up the underlying finish.
...but I don't mean to brag...

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
Yes, my parents leave those on with all electronics, laptops, VCR, DVD, and so on. Very irritating. I just wanna hide the units when I'm there :)

My stepdad leaves the feature/energy rating sticker on his flatscreen TVs. I asked my (half) brother about it, he just sighed and went "that's my dad"

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Minolta 45mm f2 and 58mm 1.4 lenses from a local photog that also shoots MFT. I already have another 58 but this one is in better shape as far as the aperture blades are concerned ($70)

The repair and CLA of a Minolta XD-11 which is now loaded with a roll of BW I need to get through tomorrow to test the camera out. Next one will be an X-570 going in for similar treatment. $60 for repair and ship back and $9 for me to ship it out for repair.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
For my part all stickers and transparent protective wrap is removed as soon I I determine that it's functioning. I serviced computers at small business and homes for many years and often ran into PCs that had peeling edges or bubbling of now difficult to remove plastic films all the time. Bleh!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I'm on a bit of a spending spree (though selling stuff offsets much of the cost), but I've actually purchased a new laptop for my editing duties--a Lenovo Yoga 7i. I'm going to try again at open source photography. I'm also giving pcloud a try for my cloud storage needs. They have apps and clients for all the major platforms, including Linux. To my knowledge, Dropbox is the only major cloud service offering a linux client, and they are expensive. pcloud actually has a one-time purchase option for cloud storage.

Last edited:

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
I edited it immediately when I saw it. Oh, I see what you mean. I edited the part where I quoted two posters by mistake.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
It’s here! It’s not as heavy as I remember, and the zoom ring is not bad at all—nothing like the grindy-feeling, banged-up, used copy I had tried before.
1610405034118.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And no sooner did I get off work and mount the lens, a raptor arrived in the field behind the house. At golden hour no less. It’s a sign, I tell you.
1610405310249.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom