what photography related item did you buy this week?

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Looks nice!
If I may ask: Is the aperture clicked or clickless?

Clickless. I would have preferred if it clicked, but apparently video makers prefer clickless.
It however has a default.

Following is a test shot of a bookshelf:
200704_0346_1600.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The top 2/3 is actually quite good, comparable in sharpness to the Canon EF 40mm STM, and better than the Pana 35-100 @ 35mm. But there is a definite problem in the lower part, and in particular at the lower left corner:
200704_0346_ll-corner.jpg

We'll see if customer service comes with a solution...

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Finally it arrived today:

C36C2EE9-0477-444F-8162-175D6F5A972C.jpeg

(DAMN IT, I think the website hates ALL mobile devices, the picture was made with the iPad and it still doesn’t display properly, anywho) Finally got an L-Bracket for E-M1 Mark III, just a cheap (-ish, it was 10 quid) off eBay from China.

A6A4A2A5-D04C-4EFD-97FD-9A27227433C6.jpeg

DDF99511-02B4-4555-8A30-1F6A0CCACC6F.jpeg

The reason why I bought it is to make the camera a few millimetres taller so my pinky actually sits on the grip. It’s so much more comfortable hold it, it just adds a big of extra grip and stability and I don’t even care about the L actually and just kept the I instead.

Also a few days ago I added a red ribbon to the left strap slug (first time in my life where I found a use for that thing), I got the ribbon from a friend and I named my camera after her: Karen (YES, I am that kind of “nutter” that gives names and personifies objects [YES, my loneliness and depression is that severe :p ])

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
Finally it arrived today:

(DAMN IT, I think the website hates ALL mobile devices, the picture was made with the iPad and it still doesn’t display properly, anywho) Finally got an L-Bracket for E-M1 Mark III, just a cheap (-ish, it was 10 quid) off eBay from China.

View attachment 833649
View attachment 833650
The reason why I bought it is to make the camera a few millimetres taller so my pinky actually sits on the grip. It’s so much more comfortable hold it, it just adds a big of extra grip and stability and I don’t even care about the L actually and just kept the I instead.

Also a few days ago I added a red ribbon to the left strap slug (first time in my life where I found a use for that thing), I got the ribbon from a friend and I named my camera after her: Karen (YES, I am that kind of “nutter” that gives names and personifies objects [YES, my loneliness and depression is that severe :p ])

I like your zoom ring grips.
Where did you get them?

That is one thing that I do NOT like about the Olympus lens. The metal zoom ring grip gets slippery when my fingers get wet from sweat.
I am constantly wiping my hand on my pants to try to keep it dry.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
I like your zoom ring grips.
Where did you get them?

That is one thing that I do NOT like about the Olympus lens. The metal zoom ring grip gets slippery when my fingers get wet from sweat.
I am constantly wiping my hand on my pants to try to keep it dry.
And it's worse when it's cold and wet as well (basically 9 out of 12 months in the UK). Same issue with Panasonic Leica f 2.8-4 trio.
I got them for a Hong Kong seller, I actually wrote a review of their skins in the review section of the forum, I don't know if they would be willing to sell just the ring wrappings but you can talk to them about it. I actually talk to them for months (more like nagging them about making vinyl for Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f 2.8-4 ... a few weeks ago I noticed them released skins for the old Olympus 50-200mm f 2.8-3.5 SWD ... I was like really? Well if anyone has bought those you can thank me for that, accidentally that is :p ) and they are very understanding and helpful, amazing customer support so far.

mumu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Needlepoint.

My wife said I don't want to know how much her needlepoint stuff costs.
She has a part time job to support that hobby.
I know nothing about needle point but I never imagined it'd be an expensive hobby.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Clickless. I would have preferred if it clicked, but apparently video makers prefer clickless.
It however has a default.

Following is a test shot of a bookshelf:
View attachment 833637
The top 2/3 is actually quite good, comparable in sharpness to the Canon EF 40mm STM, and better than the Pana 35-100 @ 35mm. But there is a definite problem in the lower part, and in particular at the lower left corner:
View attachment 833638

We'll see if customer service comes with a solution...
Sorry about your lens! Hope you get it replaced. Keep us updated.
On another note, I like your choice of literature. Asimov. Verne. Vonnegut. Good stuff!

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
I know nothing about needle point but I never imagined it'd be an expensive hobby.

Apparently the painted canvas is expensive.
An artist paints the canvas for the the needlepointer to follow, like paint by numbers.

Then the silk threads.

I would guess that you can do it cheaper by printed canvas and non-silk threads.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Well ... I plopped down for the Olympus 60mm f 2.8 Macro since I don't know when (or if) that 100mm Pro Macro will show up and 249 £ for a brand new one is cheaper then even a used one (as the time of the writing subject to availability online :p )

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Federal of Brooklyn 8 mm Enlarging Camera Model 8-A

Federal Manufacturing and Engineering Corporation was a company based in Brooklyn, New York, US. The company's original name was Federal Stamping and Engineering Corp. They are mostly known for manufacturing photographic enlargers.

Federal of Brooklyn 8 mm Enlarging Camera Model 8-A is a camera for making photos of 8 mm cinefilm frames on 127 type roll film.
They also marketed a 16 mm model, logically named Model 16-A.

FV5_0360-01.jpeg
FV5_0358-01.jpeg
FV5_0357-01.jpeg
FV5_0355-01.jpeg
FV5_0354-01.jpeg

The light source used is an E12 socket bulb. Power not shown. Voltage shown is 260 V.

FV5_0359-01.jpeg

The image frame size is 4x6.5 cm.

The shutter mechanism has 2 fixed positions. Closed and Open, with no timing mechanisms.

To the right (sticking out) the spring wound stick to operate the shutter.

FV5_0356-01.jpeg

Production year 1949.

@Panolyman: how's this for weirdest camera?

Attachments

• Federal of Brooklyn.jpeg
    Federal of Brooklyn.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I'm sorry Erik, but apart from the back resembling my first camera (A Kodak Brownie 127) I'm not sure it's a camera at all.
Though I think you've possibly had one of your brainwaves and have come up with a contraption to try and capture your weird ideas. :laugh:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Federal of Brooklyn 8 mm Enlarging Camera Model 8-A

Federal Manufacturing and Engineering Corporation was a company based in Brooklyn, New York, US. The company's original name was Federal Stamping and Engineering Corp. They are mostly known for manufacturing photographic enlargers.

Federal of Brooklyn 8 mm Enlarging Camera Model 8-A is a camera for making photos of 8 mm cinefilm frames on 127 type roll film.
They also marketed a 16 mm model, logically named Model 16-A.

View attachment 833793 View attachment 833797 View attachment 833798 View attachment 833801 View attachment 833802

The light source used is an E12 socket bulb. Power not shown. Voltage shown is 260 V.

View attachment 833795

The image frame size is 4x6.5 cm.

The shutter mechanism has 2 fixed positions. Closed and Open, with no timing mechanisms.

To the right (sticking out) the spring wound stick to operate the shutter.

View attachment 833799

Production year 1949.

@Panolyman: how's this for weirdest camera?
@Erich_H your camera collection:
1593960590207.jpeg

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
I'm sorry Erik, but apart from the back resembling my first camera (A Kodak Brownie 127) I'm not sure it's a camera at all.
Though I think you've possibly had one of your brainwaves and have come up with a contraption to try and capture your weird ideas. :laugh:
OK. I admit it. It's a camouflaged Blixt Gordon raygun. You've got me...

Latest threads

Top Bottom