what photography related item did you buy this week?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Finally got around to this:
DSC_0004-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First order of business: turning off LV and only use EVF. Mission accomplished! I'm in love with these menus. More stuff than it takes two minutes to go through! Next up: put on a nice strap!

Shot w/UMiDIGI A5 Pro w/Sony IMX398

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Finally got around to taking my first pictures with the E-M1
P6050049-01.jpeg
P6050043-01.jpeg

Naturally, the first pictures taken with my newest camera were pictures of my newest old lens: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar f:2.8/5 cm on the Varex II b.

It's actually a great time and energy saver, just staying inside and using one camera to make images of another!

And you don't even have to put the strap on the camera! Maybe I'll post pictures of my camera strap tomorrow. It's a very photogenique camera strap, if I may say so myself.

Of course I may! Who's here to stop me, right?

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Ok I need to see that camera strap now
DSC_0013-01.jpeg

And just wait until tomorrow! Then I'll post the nudes!

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
Got a wireless flash trigger so that I can move to off camera flash. Ordered a light stand at the same time... Amazon managed to deliver a baking loaf tin instead!
The light stand turned up today... not a loaf tin in sight this time! I haven’t had a chance to have a play yet because my two youngest kids have stolen my camera and flash set up and are currently taking portraits of each other!

Noeppel

Mu-43 Rookie
Finally got the 12-40 pro lens. A somewhat sensible buy because I was lacking a wide angle lens other than the 24-42 kit lens and the 9 mm fisheye and it was off 200€ (promotion for zoom lenses until tomorrow). The only problem is that the lens is too good ? at the long end it’s a competitor for my 45 1.8 and the minimal focus distance is absolutely amazing. Had a small shock when I tried macro with it and I heard the impact of the lens hood against the subject ? so my other non kit lens, the 60 mm macro has to proof itself too against this. Hope my GAS is stopped for a moment but a bigger grip would be great for this lens.
509D5104-2796-4364-A8E4-85304383DB6D.jpeg

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Finally got the 12-40 pro lens. A somewhat sensible buy because I was lacking a wide angle lens other than the 24-42 kit lens and the 9 mm fisheye and it was off 200€ (promotion for zoom lenses until tomorrow). The only problem is that the lens is too good ? at the long end it’s a competitor for my 45 1.8 and the minimal focus distance is absolutely amazing. Had a small shock when I tried macro with it and I heard the impact of the lens hood against the subject ? so my other non kit lens, the 60 mm macro has to proof itself too against this. Hope my GAS is stopped for a moment but a bigger grip would be great for this lens. View attachment 827904

if that is the 10 II body, I can highly recommend the official Olympus ECG grip. Makes for much better grip and easy to snap on and off without a tool to bring.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Picked up a WA lens to fill a hole in the big kit at a small price. Good, bad or indifferent, which did I get - we'll see.
356920-1_300x300_5.jpg
sig 18/3.5

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Finally got the 12-40 pro lens. A somewhat sensible buy because I was lacking a wide angle lens other than the 24-42 kit lens and the 9 mm fisheye and it was off 200€ (promotion for zoom lenses until tomorrow). The only problem is that the lens is too good ? at the long end it’s a competitor for my 45 1.8 and the minimal focus distance is absolutely amazing. Had a small shock when I tried macro with it and I heard the impact of the lens hood against the subject ? so my other non kit lens, the 60 mm macro has to proof itself too against this. Hope my GAS is stopped for a moment but a bigger grip would be great for this lens. View attachment 827904
I love the perspective!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
As promised: The Nudes!
aka:
Floof, Quarkness, and undeniable mirrorless Charm!

FV5_0183-01.jpeg
FV5_0182-01.jpeg
FV5_0184-01.jpeg

Should have done it yesterday, but was mesmerized by textile beauty...

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
As promised: The Nudes!

View attachment 828374 View attachment 828375 View attachment 828376
Should have done it yesterday, but was mesmerized by textile beauty...
By the way ... that strap would go well with a Peruvian Poncho:
1591603425074.png

... I'm not sure you might go well with it though :p

... or even better: THE NEPAESE PONCHO:
1591603526440.png

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Oh, and I booted the Photo Story setting from my mode dial. It's now MySet1. What was Olympus thinking about when they put it there? And my two front buttons are (from top) Magnify and Focus Peaking. I'm thinking that I can learn to live with this m*th* f*ck*!
Just a pity that the focus peaking isn't as good as it is on Pentax Q. Oh, well... ?

Last edited:

Lee Perrins

Mu-43 Regular
I have ordered a Pentax-K to m43 adapter and a new strap this week. The adapter is so I can use my Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 as a portrait lens on my m43 stuff, but also because I have a reversing ring for it, so I can use it for close up stuff as well I hope - we will see!

Both items were ebay purchases from China so I won't see them for a month though.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
I've got mine the opposite way around - that's going to be confusing I borrow your camera :) (Also have Fn2 set to enable MF)
He took my advice :p... Now there are 2 goof balls here.
I have Magnify at top because its easiest to reach without shifting my hand on the grip, usually for wildlife so I need to be quick but stable.
I don't use Focus Peaking all that much these days except for when I do close-ups and macro.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
'orrible shadows in several directions. Someone on here should get in touch and offer to do a proper job for them.
Well I would be worse for the job... My people skill is more lacklustre then my flash and strobing knowledge :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom