what photography related item did you buy this week?

An "Open Box", appears to be never used Canon FD 50mm f1.4 lens! Complete with FD Lenses instruction manual and specifications sheet in original box. :2thumbs:
FD50-GX9 front.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
FD50-GX9.jpg

Last edited:

TheLaird

Mu-43 Veteran
Not bought, but got my MC-20 back. Never really worked so never really had the chance to see what it could do. Did a couple of ga4den birds today and ... wow !,

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
Two used PL8-18 lenses…

Well one at a time! The first was slightly decentered or tilted, one corner was the worst but it showed up when pixel peeping one side of the frame to the other. I thought I could have worked around it, and I don't print that large so who knows if it would even have shown up, but in the end I decided to return it. The shop gave me some trouble on their 7 day refund policy, we negotiated a rate where I had "rented" the lens for the week and I took it as a lesson learned about testing and being cautious if the price is too good to be true. At a different shop, before buying they let me take the lens out to the street, I did a quick series of decentering test shots in good light and this copy seems to be fine.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Today I got my $80 auction win delivered.

A whole lotta stuff. 4 ancient German box cameras. 4 or 5 old bellows cameras. A 6x9 cm folding plate camera from 1924, with plates. 2 small digital cameras (Olympus/Sony) with memory cards inside. And more. Also, there is film in many of the cameras, among them the Retinaflex.

Now I'm hoping for continuing lousy weather outside ?

I'm going to show this stuff, little after little.

First out: Agfa Click-I
_3032036-01-01.jpeg

Agfa Click-I was made from 1958 to 1970.
Mine was, according to the date on the case, made at the end of 1960. A simple camera taking 6x6 cm pictures on size 120 roll-film, with a single-speed shutter (~1/35 sec) and a meniscus lens.
This one is first, simply because it was not loaded.

Thanks/Erik

Addendum: the digital compacts in this box, highly out of place, both works, with former owners pictures on the cards: 1 GB XD / Olympus FE-270 and 512 MB Memory Stick Duo / Sony Cybershot DSC-S500. Like new, both of them.

Last edited:

jederick

Mu-43 All-Pro
Picked up a good, used, Sony RX100IV from a local guy to upgrade from my RX100II...wanted the faster autofocus for a walkaround street scene camera.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The camera OMG! Serious bling bling!!
DB5B7818-5731-4346-83AA-120491CB511A.jpeg

Last edited:

Steveee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Four years ago I dropped my then only camera, a much-loved Canon Powershot G10, onto a hard stone floor and the LCD was no more. Using this as an excuse a valid reason to get more into photography, I purchased my (really, really loved!) EM10ii, and the 14-42 and 40-150 kit lenses - perfect for my level of snapping (and beyond, obviously).

Anyway.....having a clearout, I came across the old G10 which hadn't been out of the bag for four years. I looked at it fondly. Yes, it's limited to a fixed zoom lens; but it's small, and it still feels solid and good in the hand. If I fixed it, I could leave it in the glove-box permanently. So, I charged the battery, took a couple of test shots "blind" and it seems to be working ok. I wondered idly if you could get a replacement screen, and Mr. Google tells me that: not only can you get them at relatively low cost, there are vidoes showing you how to do it yourself.

So, after spending just over £10 on a new screen which arrived yesterday, and having borrowed a precision screwdriver (that's how handy I am!) I'm going to give it a go. The guy in one video takes about 7 minutes to do it, so if I crack it in under an hour I'll be happy!

I'll also be happy if Mrs. Steveee doesn't see this post, as she might wonder why I didn't spend this tenner four years ago rather than several tens of tenners on the EM10!!

algold

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alex
Four years ago I dropped my then only camera, a much-loved Canon Powershot G10, onto a hard stone floor and the LCD was no more. Using this as an excuse a valid reason to get more into photography, I purchased my (really, really loved!) EM10ii, and the 14-42 and 40-150 kit lenses - perfect for my level of snapping (and beyond, obviously).

Anyway.....having a clearout, I came across the old G10 which hadn't been out of the bag for four years. I looked at it fondly. Yes, it's limited to a fixed zoom lens; but it's small, and it still feels solid and good in the hand. If I fixed it, I could leave it in the glove-box permanently. So, I charged the battery, took a couple of test shots "blind" and it seems to be working ok. I wondered idly if you could get a replacement screen, and Mr. Google tells me that: not only can you get them at relatively low cost, there are vidoes showing you how to do it yourself.

So, after spending just over £10 on a new screen which arrived yesterday, and having borrowed a precision screwdriver (that's how handy I am!) I'm going to give it a go. The guy in one video takes about 7 minutes to do it, so if I crack it in under an hour I'll be happy!

I'll also be happy if Mrs. Steveee doesn't see this post, as she might wonder why I didn't spend this tenner four years ago rather than several tens of tenners on the EM10!!
Never had G10, but used to have G11 - that was a great little camera. Still have Canon G1x somewhere on one of the shelves.

Steveee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Never had G10, but used to have G11 - that was a great little camera. Still have Canon G1x somewhere on one of the shelves.

In serious Powershot user circles (i.e. canon forums!) I got the impression that the G10 wasn't as popular as the G9 (in particular), or later cameras. If I'd been a serial upgrader I might, therefore, have been disappointed but having nothing to compare it with I wasn't bothered at all.

I have that thought in my head when I'm tempted by some of the m.zuiko primes and pro lenses!

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
Bought the PeakDesign Everyday Backpack V2 in the 30 liter size. Returned it the next day because of course it was way too big for me. LOL. I knew better, but just had to order it anyway. So glad they've got an easy return policy. (And I'll be carrying the 20 liter V1 on my trip, as planned.)

MonikaO

Mu-43 Veteran
The Manfrotto Compact Action is the best choice for owners of entry level DSLRs with standard kit lenses who like to shoot a lot of photos and movies. The ergonomic joystick head with scroll-wheel locking mechanism is very intuitive and easy-to-use. Its comfortable grip allows you to capture smooth movies and great images with little effort.
The innovative circular quick release plate is perfect for effortless camera attachment by hand without any need for coins or screwdrivers. Thanks to its shape, camera orientation will never be an issue again. Simply close the lever just above the joystick handle.
In addition, the Regulating Dial, together with the round quick release plate allows you to perfectly adjust every camera to the tripod thereby enhancing its stability.
Last but not least, the photo-movie selector allows maximum freedom in any circumstance. Switching to the desired mode only takes a second and ensures you always obtain great photos and smooth movies.

tripod.JPG

Quick release plate. Not sure if it will be strong but great idea :)

quick release plate.JPG

Tightening the knobs on most tripods is very hard for my hands.
Then I saw this and after trying it ... I love it !!!!
Great for my hands, looks good, is light weight AND cheap :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom