what photography related item did you buy this week?

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
Yes, I too have left stuff in the trunk when I got home, only to unload it in the dark, when SWMBO is watching TV. ;-) I just don't want to have to rationalize my purchasing habits to someone who isn't suffering from G.A.S.

You just have to reciprocate in kind, with shiney sparkly stuff . . . IOW jewelry. :biggrin:

Mike G

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike Gorman
I think you lot should be ashamed of yourselves, when I had a SWMBO I never resorted to such deception, I was always a good boy, honest!:inlove:

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Yeah, I'm with Mike. All you gotta' do is mention shoes, or clothes, or purses, or pick whatever she tends to overdo...er...I mean collect. Yeah...collect.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
Bought a Lenovo Yoga 12.5" laptop with intel i7, 16 gb of DDR 4 ram, 512 GB SSD, touch screen and a stylus to draw images on or write on the computer. Bought it for the studio to use to show photos to clients on the big screen TV for their approval. Connected with HDMI, it is much easier than the old way of a projector or a much slower computer.

Bought a Lenovo Yoga 12.5" laptop with intel i7, 16 gb of DDR 4 ram, 512 GB SSD, touch screen and a stylus to draw images on or write on the computer. Bought it for the studio to use to show photos to clients on the big screen TV for their approval. Connected with HDMI, it is much easier than the old way of a projector or a much slower computer.
Good call. I was recently in the market for small laptop and was surprised that a lot of newer slim and small models do not have HDMI port at all. They ask you to use USB-C to HDMI dongle or such. I finally found a 13 inch Dell which was small enough and also had HDMI.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
OK, I guess someone will say, "not another bag!" But this one I'm really happy with :yahoo:Most back packs I have are either too big or too small...........this is spot on for my purposes. Bought for carrying my fishing gear when walking the sand flats or estuaries for AUS$65 I thought that it could double to also carry camera gear when out fishing. As shown, the top deck is holding a 10mkll with 12-40pro and an 5mkll with 75-300. If I want it purely for photography then I can leave the tackle trays at home and fit another combo (or even two) in the lower deck. The "top deck floor" can also be removed to make one deeper backpack for other purposes. It's fairly well padded and well made and the pockets are big enough to house extra smallish lenses or tackle. There are similar a bit cheaper but they don't come with the tackle trays. One of my best buys!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lixada-Fishing-Tackle-Bag-Backpack-Fishing-Lures-Bait-Box-Storage-Bag-with-P3U0/193164560442?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
s-l1600.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

s-l1600a.jpg

m.jpg

P1220188.jpg

Last edited:

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
OK, I guess someone will say, "not another bag!" But this one I'm really happy with :yahoo:Most back packs I have are either too big or too small...........this is spot on for my purposes. Bought for carrying my fishing gear when walking the sand flats or estuaries for AUS$65 I thought that it could double to also carry camera gear when out fishing. As shown, the top deck is holding a 10mkll with 12-40pro and an 5mkll with 75-300. If I want it purely for photography then I can leave the tackle trays at home and fit another combo (or even two) in the lower deck. The "top deck floor" can also be removed to make one deeper backpack for other purposes. It's fairly well padded and well made and the pockets are big enough to house extra smallish lenses or tackle. There are similar a bit cheaper but they don't come with the tackle trays. One of my best buys!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lixada-Fishing-Tackle-Bag-Backpack-Fishing-Lures-Bait-Box-Storage-Bag-with-P3U0/193164560442?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
View attachment 797994
View attachment 797995
View attachment 797992
View attachment 797993

Does the top/Bottom divider zip in or use velcro? If the zips are good quality it looks good for the price.

You must have started a rush they have none left, but looks like they only had 6

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Does the top/Bottom divider zip in or use velcro? If the zips are good quality it looks good for the price.

You must have started a rush they have none left, but looks like they only had 6

It's velcroed in but it takes some shifting! The zips are good too and it's pretty good all round. Aussie sellers are selling the same and are asking $115 but there's some here from China: https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...H_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Tackle+backpack

Mine came from China in 6 days!

4Paul

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Paul Keller
Oly17/1.2 for night sky gazing, So far, in the presence of generous cloud cover, dozens of silly indoor shots confirm the outstanding sharpness and contrast of the lens even wide open. Comforting!

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
Not strictly photography but definitely related... running out of room on my computer and current external drive so I ripped a hard drive out of an old laptop and bought a case for it so I can use it as a portable HD.

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A friend is doing Asia for at least a year and he asked me to take care of his Canon photoprinter.
So untill his return I'll be a "real" photographer.

A used PL 100-400 finally. After much back and forth I finally bit on it. My main dilemma arose because of conflicting reviews on Olympus bodies as well as QC issues besides the well documented repair issues. Let's see, fingers crossed!

roelwillems

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Roel
I’ve found a MC-14 second hand in mint condition for the 40-150. Will look if this provides the reach I’m happy with for an upcoming safari or I would need to look in to a MC-20 and/or renting a 300mm pro.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A .8 reducer for my 4" APO and a set of extension tubes (to get to the 55mm focus plane of the reducer) to be used with my astro cameras and my M43 cameras.

GBarrington

Mu-43 All-Pro
An Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 Pro lens and filter set from a member. And a Panasonic 7 - 14 from the same member. Excellent purchases, I think. Now I'm looking for a deal on either the E-M5 III or the E-M1 II, After that, my life will be complete.

Latest threads

Top Bottom