what photography related item did you buy this week?

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
GX8s are somewhat uncommon for some reason. I see all other Pana bodies in abundance but not GX8.
It's my understanding it's an excellent camera, but a rangefinder in Pen F territory, and badly hampered by a shutter-shock rumour that amounts to very little in real life. I also think Panasonic would like it to go away as it did not sell as they hoped. Those who have one seem to love it. Both Thorpe and Laing rate it very highly, which is good enough for a klutz like me. It apparently is not good for sports or BIF, but does a wonderful job at pretty much everything else. I am looking forward to using the tilt OLED viewfinder for macro, rather a lot!

Feel free to correct me :)

Last edited:
It's my understanding it's an excellent camera, but a rangefinder in Pen F territory, and badly hampered by a shutter-shock rumour that amounts to very little in real life. I also think Panasonic would like it to go away as it did not sell as they hoped. Those who have one seem to love it. Both Thorpe and Laing rate it very highly, which is good enough for a klutz like me. It is not good for sports or BIF, but does a wonderful job at pretty much everything else. I am looking forward to using the tilt OLED viewfinder for macro, rather a lot!

Feel free to correct me :)
You are spot on. Shutter shock is the only -ve I have heard but there are some diehard fans for that camera so it must have a lot going for it. I am myself interested in getting one if they ever have it at good price on eBay (I collected some giftcards over the years that I will like to spend). I haven't seen GX8 for sale here.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
Two BLN-1 batteries for the Olympus EM 5ii and two EM-1s. Makes a total of 11 now, some getting tired.

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Very clean Olympus Zuiko 14-54 II at a good price - Performs well on my EM 1 Mkii -
Doesn't have the original hood and the lens hood from the first version doesn't fit -
Does anyone have a spare lens hood LH 70D or know of an equivalent?
The one shown does not allow the use of the pinch lens cap -
14-54 II ♦ 081.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

chipshot713

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kelly
Received in mail from Evil bay this morning a Zuiko 14-54mm complete with both caps and Lh 70 lens hood. Works great on my Old EM-1. Who knows I might even post some images some day.

threeOh

Mu-43 Veteran
I was just sucked in by my love for small devices. Started bidding in the last minute. Bought a GM1. Stuck a 15/1.7 on it. Feels like it did when I ditched my D800 for a Fuji X-100. This is so much fun.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Since you all want to know, I received the "your package has been sent"-email from Germany. My E-M5iii is on its way!! :whistling:

IJskegel

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
The Godox X1 trigger
IMG_20191122_205613_1.jpg

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard

It arrived in excellent order today. Some scuffs on the leather at the base where the bag seems to have come into contact with a concrete floor. Fixed it with boot polish and a q-tip :)

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

bag1.jpg

PS: If anyone else tries this, apply the boot polish to the scuff and polish off excess immediately. I waited around too long for some scratches on the base and the polish has adhered nicely to the good bits of the leather!

Lowepro is for sale.

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
This more or less fell into my lap - Olympus EP5 with Voigtlander 40mm viewfinder
and GARIZ XS-CHEP5 leather halfcase - Nothing else included - No battery charger
or accessories however I had a battery and charger from an old EM1 that is compatible -
EP 5 had only 302 shutter clicks! $200.00 Canadian - I couldn't resist - I can now unload my EPL 5
and EPL 8 kits -
A very sturdy well built camera - I am very pleased -
EP5 ♦ 091♠.JPG
EP5 ♦ 092♠.JPG
EP5 ♦ 093♠.JPG

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Apparently Santa has bought me an E-PL8 this week, which is fantastic. On the downside, I have to wait until Christmas Day to play with it (need to show restraint to the younger generation, etc, etc, yada, yada...)

Can’t really complain, I’m a happy bunny!

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
The rumours tell that I will receive a Pen F for Christmas.
Apparently it has arrived at the house of Santa, unfortunately Santa is away on business and will pick it up in about 3 weeks time.
I should get the package then, but I don't know if I will be able to show restraint and not open it!

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Ordered, shipped, but not received:

Takumar 20 Set.jpg

I have become completely afflicted with Old Lens Acquisition Syndrome, particularly Takumars. Something put me on the trail of a 20/4.5, and this remarkably complete rig came into view. I feel like an eleven year old who knows he's getting a bicycle for Christmas.

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
I ended up picking up the DJI Mavic Mini while back in the States on vacation... lol I have no idea what I’m doing with it, but it’s pretty fun so far, despite the large number of no-fly zones in my area.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Per my wife's suggestion (dare I refuse? :roflmao:) I sought a body with live time/composite abilities. Superdeals on e-pl7+ were not amazing but a sub-$150 em10 Classic made the grade :thumbsup:

Latest threads

Top Bottom