what photography related item did you buy this week?

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
A selection of Sioti screw in lens hoods. The come with a centre pinch cap that fits the end of the hood. While I like my various 7artisans and Meike manual focus primes they don't come with hoods.

I leave these hoods on permanently as they have a cap for the hood. I'm also adding the hoods to some of my legacy glass.

barry

Super Moderator
Thanks. I think I have the same one.

Folks - if anyone wants L bracket for EM1 mk II, very lightly used in like new condition for free contact me. Just pay me shipping charges to CONUS. Thanks!
Hi, please use the Buy and Sell forum section for listing items, not the general forum.
Thanks

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
Ordered but don't get until November Nikon Z50 and the two lenses, cutting my m4/3 by 50% not sure but i think its the G80 ime keeping to have the dual is with my 100-400, getting to need all the help i can get for handheld telephoto shots.

Z_50 (5).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Gotta love Gumtree :dance4:Saw an ad for Silver Pen mini epm2 with 14-42 that had been on for 6 weeks for A$145. The image looked a bit iffy and she'd had no offers so I threw her an $80 offer as I thought I could at least take a look as she's in the next suburb. Anyways.....................came with a lowepro bag, boxed as new. It was an elderly lady who bought it for her holiday but couldn't figure out how to use it. I felt rather guilty at my lowball so gave her $100. Got home and looked at shutter count which turned out to be only 57! :thumbup: Took this dinosaur near an hour to find out how to display the SCP. Took some shots and I realised once again, how much the 14-42 mkll R is under-rated when you get a good copy!

Vermont3133

A New Lens Will Fix It!
Real Name
Stu
An EM10 2 to go with Oly 25mm f/1.8 I bought to go with the EM10 [that I returned] that was going to be it!!....and then somehow a Pany 14-42 Mk 2 seemed like something I needed as well.
I'm in BIG trouble!!!

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Impulse buy...................again! :rolleyes: Mint condition low shutter count for A$270. Recently sold two Em10's mkll and have now converted them into an E-PM2 and E-PL7 + $650 cash in hand.

s-l1600.jpg
e.jpg
d.jpg
c.jpg
b.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600a.jpg
    s-l1600a.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 145

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
Impulse buy...................again! :rolleyes: Mint condition low shutter count for A$270. Recently sold two Em10's mkll and have now converted them into an E-PM2 and E-PL7 + $650 cash in hand.

View attachment 780408 View attachment 780407 View attachment 780406 View attachment 780405 View attachment 780404
not sure what is your style of photography but I would have trouble with just cameras without a viewfinder, especially in the Queensland bright sun.
I find that composing on the rear screen works only for snapshots or "shooting from the hip". For anything else I would pair any of your cameras with an VF-4.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice going Kev! Lovely cameras going for a song.
I understand the “objects of desire” syndrome.
Even if you never used them, they just look nice in a cabinet.
Nice to have.
I made a promise to myself, never to buy stuff I don’t need.
Got to much stuff, had a whole houseful once...
Yeah, nearly forgot, pleased you seen that old lady right. That stuff matters.

Last edited:

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
not sure what is your style of photography but I would have trouble with just cameras without a viewfinder, especially in the Queensland bright sun.
I find that composing on the rear screen works only for snapshots or "shooting from the hip". For anything else I would pair any of your cameras with an VF-4.

Agree but I had a viewfinder previously and found it rather clumsy and defeating the object of "going smaller" and being less obtrusive. I'll pair these with my faster lenses mainly for night photography where sunlight won't be a problem and "shooting from the hip" street photography.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
My new photography Workstation to replace my 6 year old Lenovo Yoga. A Lenovo X1 extreme with 4k screen, i7 8750h, 32gb ram, win 10 pro,1tb ssd and nvidia GPU.
full.jpg

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Does a preorder of E-M5iii count? :whistling: I was told the deliveries start mid-November.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Another bargain from Gumtree. Crumpler Cashgar unused for Aus$20 :) That silly clumpy padding on the strap can go though!

crumpler_karachi_outpost_camera_sling_bag_m_1429340167_8eeb51c7.jpg

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Do cellphones with cameras count? :confused-53:

My 4-year old Samsung S6 Edge slipped out of my pocket onto the concrete. Fell maybe 3 feet. Was in its case, but it hit on a corner and still busted up the screen like a car windshield. :(

Replaced with a Samsung S10+ that has 5 cameras in it: One telephoto and a couple of wides. Couple of other front ones too, but I don't know what one does yet. I'll think of it as getting five cameras for the price of one Olympus Pro lens. :hide:

Luckily, the store managed to move most all of the stuff into the new one in maybe 30 minutes. Some of the apps took a lot of updates so I guess they put them out depending on the Android version. Old ones get parked maybe and never update. Dunno.

Glawsder

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Deryck
A E-M5 ii in a grey import clearance sale. Yes I would prefer a iii, but it will be my second camera and I couldn't really justify the extra £800. But it does mean I can grab a coupled of small prime lenses with the money I saved.

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Resistance is futile: Super Takumar 24mm f3.5
with case
and
dedicated clamp-on metal lens hood
with it's own case!!!

These things stand as a testament to the days when things were beautifully made...because that's how it should be.

Latest threads

Top Bottom