what photography related item did you buy this week?

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
A sort of home and Photo related
I bought a new computer for faster card reading and Infinity photo processing.
And at a very good sale price
I just couldn't take my 12 year old one any more , it was old and slooooo.

Intel® Core™ i5-9400 2.9GHz Hexa Core Processor
w/ 4.1GHz Turbo, 6 Threads, 9MB Smart Cache, 14nm, 95W
16GB DDR4-2666 RAM (2x 8GB)
1x 240Gb M.2 SATA SSD
1x 1TB SATA III HDD

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
BenQ SW2700PT to replace my old ASUS PA246Q ProArt. A bright blue line appeared on the left side of the screen (from top to bottom) and thought it was time to replace it. I think it served me well for 5-6 years.

Even though the ASUS was miles better than any monitor I had ever used I was amazed how much better this BenQ is. Haven't yet calibrated it with my Spyder3 but even out of the box it's far superior. Only changed the mode to sRGB and reduced the brightness and that's about it. The image is bit too blueish compared to the calibrated ASUS but that'll change when I have the time to calibrate this too.

Top362nd

Mu-43 Rookie
you need the VF-4 to go with it. It's a combination that beats any of my "fixed" viewfinders. The ability to have the camera lower than my eye is crucial in so many compositions. Not to mention that my big nose can breath freely (not being squashed against the LCD) :)
You are so right! Truth is, I bought the VF-4 recently here on this forum, to go with my backup body, an E-PL7. I like the VF-4 so much I tracked down an E-P5 to go with it.

jab7107

New to Mu-43
Real Name
John A Birch
How much did you pay? I have been eyeing that lens but in two minds.
I paid £430 for the lens this is not a bad price for a new lens. I bought it from mpb.com, I traded a Canon ef 70-200 f4L as apart payment along with a very old Canon 28-70 f2.8 L so in cash I paid £28. I am very pleased with the trade price.

Kind regards

John

Great price for new lens! In USA mpb only deals with used stuff (I guess) but their prices are the best on the market.

I paid £430 for the lens this is not a bad price for a new lens. I bought it from mpb.com, I traded a Canon ef 70-200 f4L as apart payment along with a very old Canon 28-70 f2.8 L so in cash I paid £28. I am very pleased with the trade price.

Kind regards

John

cnyap

Mu-43 Regular
Can’t decide between desktop (8 core i7) or laptop (4 core i5 or i7). I use a 2018/2019 9.7” iPad for browsing and likely still would if I (finally) got a laptop.

A sort of home and Photo related
I bought a new computer for faster card reading and Infinity photo processing.

daleg

New to Mu-43
In downsizing my canikon kit - too huge in both numbers and mass - I came within a whisker of purchasing an M10-P, and instead added a new, silver Oly Pen-F digital to it's half-frame ancestor and an Oly EM1 II, lightly used. Now for another learning curve or two. Monday I should be shipping my 1DX2. Now, what to list next? hmm.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Went through 2 Kastar and 2 generic batteries from Aliexpress for E-M1 mk II. I have now given up on third party batteries for E-M1 mk II. Ordered OEM battery today.
BLH-1 must be hard candy to crack/decode.
When I bought my E-M1.2, I looked at a number of threads and decided that for a difference of 1% in purchase price of the camera and a spare Olympus battery vs. the camera and aftermarket battery, I'd go for the Oly battery.
I bought a Polaroid battery for my original E-M10.1 and my wife has been using that and the Oly original. The Polaroid started to swell a few months back so I replaced it with an Oly original. IMO the small savings isn't worth it.

Not exactly photography related but I did receive HP EX920 M.2 SSD (1TB) from NewEgg, an order which I had totally forgotten about. This replaced my Crucial 256GB M.2 SSD. I am not sure if it is extra empty space or if HP is *really* much faster than Crucial one, my ORF/NEF to DNG conversion using Adobe raw converter is super fast now. I am glad I spent the money.
Of note, 256 GB SATA based Crucial from 2017 - $80. 1TB PCIe NVMe HP in 2019 - $95.

Last edited:

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Bought a Godox trigger for $39 due to someone posting on here about the cheaper price (Still is too.).

Adorama sale on Godox flash trigger.

I didn't know they also had an upgraded model for $49 if you select the Pro Mark II button on the bottom of the above link.

Works a bit faster than the first X1/R2 model which I think was even more money when it first appeared. Only drawback is the new one has no hot shoe which is handy to hold a flash on the camera or the Olympus Dot-Sight LED Viewer for the telephotos. Oh well, I got a backup now.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
A big Eyecup for my EM1 mk II.
full.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
If you got a chance to use this yet...how useful is it?
Love it ! I will not use the original one again. I have more room for my nose now and the EVF looks better now. Dramatic difference outside.. Crazy how little things can have such a impact. Only downside maybe is that the eyecup stick out more so it can catch the bag more.

Latest threads

Top Bottom