what photography related item did you buy this week?

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Now that my cataracts have been sorted I can go back to manual lenses so I've decided on the 7.5mm

s-l500.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Bought on evilbay 4-5 weeks ago but just arrived. Thought I'd pair it with something a little odd -

KjX5C8ynZOCJwLkc8RQP1jM0jkUbsOpdp6C0A=w868-h651-no.jpg

FUY5CzNH36WM2D3gn-wDKVT4-KzG-QbUGBC5Q=w868-h651-no.jpg

Tf6FqHlsqhyq_ovcNqTdSdMtjJ-QamU9VkuFA=w868-h651-no.jpg

The adapters were shot with the Nikon lens (at f5.6) and roughly the same distance away - so the Viltrox with a cheap Nikon/M43 adapter and the cheap Nikon/M43 adapter was shot with the Viltrox. I didn't adjust the IS so theres not a lot of point zooming in. Intrigued to try this out on some of my lenses over the next few months.

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I purchased 3 x Gobe ND filters. ND8, ND64 and ND1000 in 72mm to fit my 40-150 PRO and a step-up ring to fit them on my 12-40 PRO.

Also purchased a ZOMEi Z669C carbon fibre travel tripod.

And 3 x Samsung 2TB SSD. A master for photos and documents, one as a backup and the third for videos. All to be used on our ongoing round the world motorcycle adventure.

Yes, it was an expensive week :)

Last edited:

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
And, we also got a new studio in the artsy part of the city and wife already has contracts for photographing a neighboring Tattoo parlor and their work, a contract for some light painting on some very exotic cars in a restoration garage next door. They have several restored Ferraris, 4 XKE Coupes, XKE Convertible, a Cobra and other lesser things such as Porsches. Here is a photo of my Porsche in her new studio which has overhead doors to get cars in and out. I have had this since it was brand new in 1980. View attachment 768090
Beautiful car. I had a 1975 Guards Red 911S bought new by my dad and handed down to me about 18 months later when he got tired of shifting. I had it until 1984 when a new baby made it pretty impractical. Yours looks straight off the showroom floor new. Just beautiful.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
More stuff for the wife's studio: An Aputure LED Light for her light painting ventures, 2 Sony Batteries, and charger for the LED light, and a Vello wireless remote control for Olympus. Light and remote from B&H and batteries from eBay.

Real Name
Walter
Thanks. After wearing glasses for 8 yrs it's just great to be without them and to look through a viewfinder unhindered.

I wore glasses or contacts from age 5 to ~50, until I had cataract surgery in my right eye, and LASIK in my left. Ended up with 20/20 in my left and 20/30 in my right, and for the first time in many decades, was free of glasses except for reading glasses. I was getting pretty tired of contacts too. Hallelujah for the unhindered view. :)

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Bought on evilbay 4-5 weeks ago but just arrived. Thought I'd pair it with something a little odd -

The adapters were shot with the Nikon lens (at f5.6) and roughly the same distance away - so the Viltrox with a cheap Nikon/M43 adapter and the cheap Nikon/M43 adapter was shot with the Viltrox. I didn't adjust the IS so theres not a lot of point zooming in. Intrigued to try this out on some of my lenses over the next few months.

Nice! I had some old but fast m42 mount manual focus primes, but I cant remember for the life of me what I did with them. I think it was a 55mm F1.4 Super Takumar and a Helios.

Ive also been looking at picking up a PEN with a 12-32 pancake, but Id rather just not shoot if I dont have a viewfinder. Been looking for a GX85 for a steal lately.

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
I just ordered the silver 12f2 from KEH also. That's quite a good deal, just over $400 with taxes in Exc+ condition with caps and hood. A full 40% less than a new one from Olympus for a lens that's probably at least 95% condition. Not a bad deal at all. I just wish they had another lens or two on clearance I'd want.

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
I wanted to see how much better this OM Zuiko is than the 55/1.2 that I have. So I made an offer on one on evilBay that I was sure would be refused, but it wasn't!

oly-50-12-01.jpg

So I'll be getting rid of one of these as soon as I test them, although the 55/1.2 has its own charm.

An update on Kastar dual charger for EM1.2 batteries and dual charger- After first one (charger) died immediately, they sent me another one free of cost and let me keep the original one. The second one died in 2 days too in exact same fashion (port # 2 dead). So now I have two dual chargers each one charging just one battery at a time.

Another thing to note, the Kastar batteries get charged only with the crappy Kastar slow charger. They don't get charged with Olympus' OEM charger for some reason.

All in all, a below par, abysmal experience. I have nothing against cheap batteries off of Amazon (I have a lot of other cheapos for my other bodies working very well) but these are especially bad - buyers beware.

Rrybicki

Innocent bystander
Real Name
Russ
Just got a 300 f/4 and TC 14 from our friends at MPB. Went all in and traded my D500 and 300 PF for them. Arrived today and I tried a couple backyard shots.
Holy cow, is this thing fast and sharp...

P8287272_DxO.jpg
P8287291_DxO.jpg

Russ

Latest threads

Top Bottom