what photography related item did you buy this week?

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A 15' active usb (male to female) cord and USB tether (for Gx8/Gh4) software for astrophotography use.

Steveee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Rushed in to shop, bought lenspen to replace one I lost, got home....... it’s specifically for filters :doh:

Wonder if I should try it on the lens?

Real Name
Andrew L
Rushed in to shop, bought lenspen to replace one I lost, got home....... it’s specifically for filters :doh:

Wonder if I should try it on the lens?
Probably fine, the filter one is just flat as opposed to having some curvature to it to accommodate the front element of a lens... It'll work as well but just be a little more fiddly to use.

Real Name
Andrew L
Gariz half case for the Oly Pen F - superb case that offers protection and better handling.
The Gariz case for the GX85 is stellar. It's one reason I don't want to upgrade yet to the GX9 (unless it somehow magically fits both!).

Also, I found mine a little too smooth originally, but I distressed the leather a little, which it took very well and now feels perfect. It was a simple matter of applying rubbing alcohol (the stronger type) and abrading with a plastic brush till I got the texture I wanted, then wiping off and applying a protective layer of saddle soap. Perfection!

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The Gariz case for the GX85 is stellar. It's one reason I don't want to upgrade yet to the GX9 (unless it somehow magically fits both!).

Also, I found mine a little too smooth originally, but I distressed the leather a little, which it took very well and now feels perfect. It was a simple matter of applying rubbing alcohol (the stronger type) and abrading with a plastic brush till I got the texture I wanted, then wiping off and applying a protective layer of saddle soap. Perfection!
We, the people, deserve a picture

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've been staying away from gear threads because I get ideas that aren't good for my wallet, but I grabbed a like new Olympus 75-300 II at a very good price. The one I'm currently renting has been excellent, and as far as I know, it is by far the smallest and lightest way to get 600mm equivalent reach. As I'm just an enthusiast, I can't justify the cost of the higher grade lenses from Panasonic or Fuji (I have an X-T1). I also find the size and weight of the 75-300 II to be quite comfortable with the E-M10 II, and I don't feel the need to add a grip. I've sold off most of my Fuji gear . . . I'm keeping only the X-T1 and the excellent 18-55mm f2.8-4.

Real Name
Andrew L
We, the people, deserve a picture
IMG_20180413_082652[1560].jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not a terrific picture, but it's not actually easy to see the texture unless viewed against the light like this. As such the pic actually looks a lot rougher than it really is, the color is still quite vibrant and not as dull as it looks in this bad smartphone photo.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
A used Roxsen Focal Reducer (for Pentax K to Micro-4/3rd, giving 0.71x reduction, and 1-stop light gain).

Initial shots before I noticed that the glass element in front was clinking back and forth and I tightened down the retaining ring with my fingers (which explained why there was an almost tilt-like softness depending on my camera angle)

With the Pentax-M 50/1.4 (50 x 0.71 = 35.5mm x 2 = 71mm)

xjXdyQM.jpg

OMdJvBY.jpg

vs9Mddi.jpg

and one with the Tamron SP Adaptall-II 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro lens (which I took off the Adaptall-to-MFT adapter, put on a PK Mount, then put that on the reducer) with the camera looking straight down.

BFUxHAf.jpg

quick shot (f/8 tho under studio strobes) I took after I secured down the retaining ring that was allowing the front element to move.

Link to 100% size where you can see the edges a bit better, some deterioration but not as bad as it was before : https://i.imgur.com/ewTaeyt.jpg

BNy1yeP.jpg

Plan to test it out further this weekend, I plan on using it quite a bit mainly with my Pentax-M 50/1.4, the only other lens I have that would work with it is the Rokinon 85/1.4, but my early test with either lens is a high degree of purple/green fringing (which may be minimize now that I screwed on the front element better)

Diamondback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Just purchased a Think Tank Photo Airport International V3.0 Carry On roller for a few upcoming trips both domestic and international. I got tired of lugging a weighty backpack with my gear through airports and on trains.

Mattyh

Mu-43 Veteran
What have I done... I just bought a mint Fuji X100 off eBay. I'm not sure what could have possessed me, except that I've wanted one for a good five years or more.

Bought one when the were first released and still got it, I’ve bought and sold many cameras since then but I’ll be buried with mine.

Real Name
Andrew L
Bought one when the were first released and still got it, I’ve bought and sold many cameras since then but I’ll be buried with mine.
That's encouraging. Everything I read seems to hint that operation may feel very sluggish by modern standards, but I'd really like to like it. This won't be my main street camera (I need a tilting LCD for that, plus a lot more speed) but it may make a good everyday camera.

I think I'd prefer an X70 but they've gotten expensive again after never really getting cheap.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Some film & the SLR Magic 8mm

wcbVnT65CbnH8XFNqTCsD5huQX7gCnzDaX4gLcBTu-5NaWkUuU07IDdapoKDzJR3rc43bLYkoRPs90Y4A=w1453-h1089-no.jpg

se1moEMb0BClWbDRJQTkJqjj2sf6v_-NGEAsF1SE4_uBcRsztNYON_EFzGXyWijWCE9RwSIZ5-v7nYmX-g=w817-h1089-no.jpg

BB70Chevelle

Mu-43 Veteran
Just ordered a godox tt350o flash, adorama had one with an open box in the used section for $59 shipped vs the normal price of $84. Now I'm done purchasing gear for awhile!

Latest threads

Top Bottom