what photography related item did you buy this week?

Real Name
Mike
I bought some $20 unbranded extension tubes (10mm + 16mm; at least they have electric contacts) from an eBay storefront.

But they're still in China so I suppose I have time to plan how to (mis?)use them in the meantime.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
It has the box and everything too. It was listed as ‘open box’, but as far as I know it could be brand new. Which is crazy for a 9ish year old camera. I’ll find out next week when it arrives.
I bought a used Lumix S1 for $25 on eBay for my daughter (no, not the FF S1), and it also had the stickers on it. There was no easy way to check the photo count, but if the photo naming on the camera was any indication, I believe the total picture count was 6. My guess is it sat in a box somewhere for many years.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Bought a "Hot Mirror 2" for my full-spectrum E-M1.1.

I'm more pleased with the Kolarivision filter's box being both smaller, and also fitted with a foam layer to keep the filter in place verses the Lifepixel filter box. Easier storage being smaller, although I'm thinking of stacking all these IR filters and using a metal stack-cap on the stack's top and bottom which would make storage space even smaller.

Filter-Boxes.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A bit of a rant though on the "Hot Mirror" description. Why not call it a "Neutralizer" instead of a "Hot Mirror? Or more proper a "Full-Spectrum Color Neutralizer" filter.

Lifepixel is worse for calling them "OEM Sensor Filters" or "Visible Bandpass" (??) filters. The word "Mirror" could be applied to any filter for reflecting or not passing light, but this odd wording just makes it all more confusing, imho. I need to make up some labels so I can remember what these things are, and that applies to the names for "Super Color," "Enhanced Color," and "HyperColor" Lifelpixel's filters and what band-pass they really affect (i.e. 590nm, 665nm,and 470nm respectively.).

Oh well. Time to go out and try this filter or "'Hot Mirror" out and see if it makes the full-spectrum E-M1.1 into a normal color camera.

Just did a comparison with the E-M1 Mark II, and the Full-Spectrum E-M1 Mark I plus the "Hot Mirror 2" to see how the color match was. Same lens on both cameras and SOOC JPEGS. Manual WB set in both to 5,600 Kelvin.

Color-Comparison---Hot-Mirror.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The "Hot Mirror" filter on the E-M1 IR full-spectrum camera shoots exactly 3 points RGB Cyan from the OEM E-M1 Mark II. Not bad and correctable.

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
And today was the first day I had to work outside, so what happened? ⛈️⛈️⛈️
I know the feeling all to well ... Since I came to UK every time I go to work it rains, every time I get in work it stops, every time I have a day off it rains, every time I'm in at work it's nice weather

Few days ago I just could resist the allure of a full frame camera anymore. Walked out of the store with the Panasonic s5. Got a new one for such a good price I figured I could resell it and not loose any money. Now I have to decide if I like the s5 20-60 combo better than the g9 8-18mm combo. My longest m43 lens is 60mm so the difference in size of total kit is pretty negligible in my case.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
I hope you didn't move here for the weather and outdoor lifestyle :whistling:

:drinks:
Funny thing to say ... well it's the only country that doesn't require me to be ultra nice (Canada), to own a hunting knife (Australia), to be able to tame lions (South Africa), to believe that the USA is the greatest place that has ever been (You Ass Of A), to have the liver of an island (Ireland), and to speak English very well :p

It's not my first try though ... I took a chance with Italy ... pasta never took a liking for me ... nor did my ass to cooking in the Sicilian sun.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Funny thing to say ... well it's the only country that doesn't require me to be ultra nice (Canada), to own a hunting knife (Australia), to be able to tame lions (South Africa), to believe that the USA is the greatest place that has ever been (You Ass Of A), to have the liver of an island (Ireland), and to speak English very well :p

It's not my first try though ... I took a chance with Italy ... pasta never took a liking for me ... nor did my ass to cooking in the Sicilian sun.
Ovidiu, we aren't even allowed to carry a pocket knife here now! As an old bushy, I feel undressed without my 60+ y.o. Henry Boker pocket knife on my belt ...

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Arrived a few days ago. 2 x EM1.3 third party batteries & charger from BetterBatt, a Queensland based company but interestingly enough they shipped from Melbourne

They charged fine in the Oly charger and show the quantity left.

Two batteries plus charger cheaper than one Oly battery, and the Oly batteries for the EM1.3 are now four years old in the chain I normally buy from. They could be just selling the older ones first. Normal practice, but I dont want to pay full price for batteries that old.

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
Few days ago I just could resist the allure of a full frame camera anymore. Walked out of the store with the Panasonic s5. Got a new one for such a good price I figured I could resell it and not loose any money. Now I have to decide if I like the s5 20-60 combo better than the g9 8-18mm combo. My longest m43 lens is 60mm so the difference in size of total kit is pretty negligible in my case.
Let us know what you think! I'm sure there are a few people here who would like to know more....

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
Got myself a new Olympus this week:

Olympus Camedia C-2100UZ
A real classic. Mint, except for one stuck pixel.
Damn that brings back memories.... this was in fact my second camera ever. Back in the day, I've been using some compact Olympus digital camera, with a fixed lens. Knowing nothing about photography at all besides I have to press the shutter in order to take a picture. I stumbled across this "Uzi" on some camera review sites and actually found a decent, used offer on ebay. So I essentially, still being in school, grabbed all my savings, sold my compact digital camera and bought the C-2100 UZ. Still remembering when it arrived, it was a completely different kind of beast, almost mindblowing. Just seeing all those details, the camera, the little remote and those weird Smart Media cards, really took me back for a moment.

It's actually kind of impressive and reassuring at the same time, it still works well. Have fun with it!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom