what photography related item did you buy this week?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
She needs to be able to take good portraits and head shots for her business (marketing).

After taking a seminar, she was convinced by the speakers (not very knowledgeable imo), that she needed a Sony a7R IV and a sigma 35mm f/1.4 for portraiture work that will be shot outdoors in ideal lighting conditions 99% of the time. o_O
This here above is the perfect example of why I switch the assault rifle from single shot to full auto when I hear the word "expert"....

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
This here above is the perfect example of why I switch the assault rifle from single shot to full auto when I hear the word "expert"....

They were professional in her industry (not photography), but needless to say I wasn't kind when I expressed to my wife how nonsensical I thought their recommendation was.

A generic knock-off of the Fstoppers Flash Disc Portable Light Modifier from eBay for a fraction of Fstoppers asking price using a eBay gift card I received for Christmas. Spent exactly $0, so no “what’s this eBay purchase” question from SWMBO.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
And this afternoon Amazon Canada cancelled the order despite having had my money in their account since June 1st and the assurance of two customer service representatives that the issues had been resolved.

Having been an Amazon customer for something like 15 years it's eBay for me from now on.
I dropped Amazon well over a year ago after going through three such events in the period of 6 months or so. I haven't missed them. If I do need to buy from Amazon, it's just a few more days away without the prime membership. I'm certainly not going to pay $130 per year to get screwed, I can do that for free.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Would you mind giving some feedback in our print-related subforum once the printer arrives? Since my Canon Pixma MX725 is pretty much broken, I've also been looking for a new printer and have the G650's smaller sibling, the G550, on my radar.
It's here...but not from Wex.

I pre-ordered at £249, Wex still have no stock. Printerbase had stock on Tuesday and I paid about £225.00 from them.

First impressions vs my Pixma TS8120.

Slower, much slower. Noisier. No ICC profiles yet. Only one paper feed. No LCD panel. No duplex.

Printerbase actually phoned me to see if I was absolutely sure I wanted a printer with no duplex before they shipped it! Considering the TS8120 kept jamming when printing double sided, I have grown to despise the feature which was always on by default.

Now for the good part.

The printer comes with a full set of ink. The ink bottles are huge. 60ml each colour. Canon listing them at £13.99 each. Out of stock at all independents at present so I won't be getting rid of the old printer just yet.

To put that in perspective, that makes the ink about 80 odd percent cheaper than the Canon cartridges for the TS. XL cartridges for the TS are about the same price with an approximate yield of 400 pages. Canon are quoting 3600 6x4s (colour photos) from a full set of bottles.

I printed 50 full colour A4 flyers and 20 6x4 photos this afternoon and the ink levels haven't even moved.

I will need to do some experimenting before printing off A4 photos. Might try loading a few similar ICC profiles for other Canon six colour printers.

Mountain_Man_79

Ah, yes. Comets, the icebergs of the sky.
Real Name
Chris
Finally got myself an OM-2. And a more or less free 75-150 f4. I have a huge selection of OM glass, but finally a camera to put it on. Thanks again Barry!
5FDE0CC8-4D8C-463C-A2FC-1AA4F33CBC3F.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

00F41ABF-A33E-4D15-B923-CF0DE8EFEC84.jpeg

14BCF51F-A9A1-468E-9122-CBB4D4CB5BB1.jpeg

I’ll swap the seals out on it next week. Can’t wait to get out with it. Unfortunately all my other OM lenses are packed up for the move I’m making, and I probably won’t see them again for about 3ish weeks.

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Finally got myself an OM-2. And a more or less free 75-150 f4. I have a huge selection of OM glass, but finally a camera to put it on. Thanks again Barry!
View attachment 892611
View attachment 892612
View attachment 892613
I’ll swap the seals out on it next week. Can’t wait to get out with it. Unfortunately all my other OM lenses are packed up for the move I’m making, and I probably won’t see them again for about 3ish weeks.
How in the hell can you leave picturesque Victorville...a quaint oasis in the parched desert?? Job transfer...there couldn't be another satisfactory reason!! Nice camera BTW!

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris
How in the hell can you leave picturesque Victorville...a quaint oasis in the parched desert?? Job transfer...there couldn't be another satisfactory reason!! Nice camera BTW!
Picturesque, quaint, oasis, and Victorville in the same sentence :eek:

Yeah...a job transfer. Off to the mothership. In the great white north of Minnesota! Which oddly has been hotter than the parched desert I currently live in :hmmm:

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Picturesque, quaint, oasis, and Victorville in the same sentence :eek:

Yeah...a job transfer. Off to the mothership. In the great white north of Minnesota! Which oddly has been hotter than the parched desert I currently live in :hmmm:
All the best to you in Minnesota. I left shortly after I was born in Thief River Falls. It was 1942 and my dad got drafted so out to California we went where he was stationed at Douglas Aircraft for the duration.

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
The kids and Mrs M pooled their kitty for my birthday present and bought me an Oly 60mm - to my great delight. It was presented to me at supper, after which I managed to find a test target amongst the daisies in the table display when everyone had gone to bed (could not find a cat, sorry). Love the 1:1 feature. Hopefully will find some time this weekend to photograph something else, though I have been selected to dig up our courtyard to find the drainage system. What joy, it was over 38˚ yesterday!

One immediate thought is that I now need to find a suitable Olympus body to go with it so I can utilise the focus stacking feature. Sigh. It's a never ending spiral of doom, I tell 'ee.

There's no picture of the lens - you all know what the Oly 60 looks like.

1 (1).jpeg

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Took a chance off some $12 ebay lens adapter to the Nikon Z7 II so I could use my old Pentax M42 Screw-mount Takumar lenses on it in manual mode. Surprised it came with a very small hex wrench to set the screw-lens mount positioning so it faces up and not down or to the side (It was set at about 9 o'clock new.). Works well given its low price, and lenses are so-so given their age.

Shown with a rare 120mm f/2.8 Pentax Takumar.
Nikon-Z7-II-Fotasy-Adapter-to-M42-lens.jpg

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a tripod with a horizontal bar that can be mounted at the bottom. It's for ground level macro use. I already have a tripod that can do ground level, but it's a bit of a pain to use with certain lenses since the camera has to be mounted on another contraption in order to move the camera closer or away from the subject. Not too bad for home application, but of little use in the field. So I look forward to a bit more fun out there.

Mountain_Man_79

Real Name
Chris
Whelp, once again I woke up the owner of another camera. Apparently if it’s $20 and in good shape, I just can’t say no...to anything.
CCAE70B1-38EA-4EE9-ABB7-8AFB10BBF0CE.jpeg

8FD9F9EC-1C2D-4F93-823D-04E479CC8CB5.jpeg

F1C4914C-78BB-4E4E-934F-92AB4C36642A.jpeg

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Picked up a used Domke F-5xb bag at a great price to use with my Pen F and a few primes. I'm actually surprised how much can fit into this little bag. But those velcro tabs sure are loud. Today the Tenba velcro silencers I ordered arrived and now the bag is totally quiet. Worth the $3.00 (shipping cost just as much).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom