what photography related item did you buy this week?

theswanlogo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Cata
She is finally here

_CAT0099.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last time I remember lusting so much for a lens was long time ago, and the lens was the Nikkor 135/2 DC

I bought a used Panasonic 14mm today. The idea is that I can use it as a compact option when 20mm is too narrow and the Panasonic 12-35mm is too big. If I don't like it or won't use it, I will sell it again, like I did with my PL15.

The guy who I bought the lens from, had gotten lucky with Bitcoin and switched from a GH5 to a RED camera. 😃

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I bought a used Panasonic 14mm today. The idea is that I can use it as a compact option when 20mm is too narrow and the Panasonic 12-35mm is too big. If I don't like it or won't use it, I will sell it again, like I did with my PL15.

The guy who I bought the lens from, had gotten lucky with Bitcoin and switched from a GH5 to a RED camera. 😃
So he's one of those people that makes it impossible to find a GPU? He's lucky gamers don't get out much, or he'd have to watch his back! :D

So he's one of those people that makes it impossible to find a GPU?
Hehe, not sure. He might just have exchanged euros for Bitcoins back then. He exchanged them back to euros when they were worth 40 times more. That definitely explains how he could do the upgrade. (I was honestly surprised that he told me all this, without me even asking.)

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
The first thing I promised I’d buy after refinancing my car was nice weather proof floor mats for it. Instead, I bought a damn Leica. Close enough.
586FADE7-80D2-41EF-B35E-CCFD8CBCC68C.jpeg

192DD420-D80A-40B7-B9D7-AC17FE6AB2C2.jpeg

EF556B3A-B14A-4224-B42B-BCC87C0FBBD8.jpeg

Real Name
Ovidiu
A bit late for the party because I bought it last week but here we go:
The new family camera for pictures of the kids, the pets and selfies:
9CA8DF48-A8DC-4DA9-A8BE-B88CEBBB90EF.jpeg

A grade C Sony RX100 Mark III from CEX for 200 quid,

72E413B8-4C57-4392-AD93-D22ABA7C58FF.jpeg

It looks quite scratched up but everything works fine and while the back screen was pretty bad on scratches I realised it’s actually a screen protector on I pealed it off and it’s just like new .... now I need a new screen protector for it.

I also got the add on OEM Sony grip off Amazon, though I would like to get a more chunkier one at some point.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just got an odd Krik lens support bracket via some GAS attack. Has a couple of wheels at the front end of the 70-200mm f/2.8 Nikon S lens for support (Don'tthink it needs it but what the heck.). Bigger problem is one cannot store the lens hood on the front as the wheels block it. Have to take the assembly off via the knob on the front bracket to store the hood on the lens.

Krik-Lens-Support.jpg

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well its for video really, I upgraded my DAW for making music for my videos (Samplitude Suite 6 to be released early next month). Amazing piece of software for composing/capturing music. Nothing IMHO brings a video to life like score.

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
K&F CPL filter 67mm for 8-18.

Tried to share the 72mm CPL from my 100-400 using a step up ring. I can't use the lens hood on the 8-18 with a step up ring and I hate taking the time to switch it. Or I always forgot the step up ring or the CPL at home because I left the 100-400 at home. I even managed to get the CPL stuck on the step up ring and had a helluva time removing it!

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
My first Tamron - the 17mm f3.5 Adaptall - bought it with a k & f mount adapter. Little bit hair-raising switching adapters but once I rtfm it wasn't too bad. Was impressed by the heft & build quality - not bad at all.

51142215124_fcf9210965_o.jpg
_1110055 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Not bad in the centre but definitely has a really vintage cast on an apsc sensor - guess its a 28mm-ish equiv -

51141440531_ba23824a96_o.jpg
PXK59678 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

51142541790_dfca070765_o.jpg
PXK59681 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Definitely better on the D600 full-frame - maybe more room to breathe on the larger sensor?

51141672108_96d381e3bc_o.jpg
DSC_1793 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Actually bought some M4/3 gear instead of something to go with a vintage film camera. An Oly 30mm Macro. I am not a big macro shooter, but I bought it to improve the results when I'm digitizing negatives from those vintage film cameras...

Oh, wait...

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Picked up this lovely little thing for £35.

2104-98-TG5.jpg

And it seems happy to sit alongside its slightly more expensive cousin.
2104-99-TG5.jpg

algold

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alex
Finally gave in and bought a 20l PD everyday zip backpack in black. Mainly as a computer/EDC bag, but will work nicely for my camera gear as well.
Well made and a nice size to take my 13” MBP and 11” iPad + other everyday stuff. And a camera with a lens or two 😂

Real Name
Heather
I FedExed a box full of Pentax lenses and cameras to KEH for a trade towards some m4/3 gear (em10ii, O12-50, O40-150r, and a P25/1.7 + a few odds and ends) that they have on reserve for me. In addition, I picked up an extra battery for the em10ii, extra batteries and charger for my TG-4, and a hood for the 40-150.

I’m hoping to get my KEH box of fun sometime next week. :D

Real Name
Heather
^^^^^
Dang. Wish I'd known you were parting with Pentax stuff...Might've been foolish enough to..."help out..."
Actually, I had thought about listing it here, but wasn’t sure how much interest there would be for Pentax gear on a m4/3 forum. 🤔 I also just wanted an easy-peasy one and done deal. I obviously didn’t get as much money as I would’ve selling it myself, but not having to deal with the hassle is worth it. 👍🏻

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom