what photography related item did you buy this week?

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
The world's fastest fisheye!

(Someone, please stop me while there's still enough room on my credit card for a medium latté…)
Olympus 8mm f:1.8.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(Googled photo… my lens is being shipped…)

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I know the suspense has been killing you all,
so here in all its glory is.............

View attachment 883162

It's in pristine condition and now that the replacement battery has been inserted, the exposure meter appears to be fine too (though it will be properly tested).
And the cost for this glorious beast...........

zilch!

It was another free gift from my neighbour. :cool:
Man, that is in absolutely beautiful condition. That'd make me shoot 120, it would.

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
Don't Olympus cameras offer a de-fish setting built right in for this very lens?
Apparently from what I've read, the E-M1.2 will even display a de-fished image in the viewfinder!

But I want it for doing spheres, using hugin, so I'll leave things fished.

Here's one I did with the Olympus 7-14/2.8. It took eight shots, the 8/1.8 should do it in five.
Planet_EcoReality_1.jpg

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Picked up a new Oly 45 1.8 in silver and a hood for it. The 85ish focal length is a favorite and the only way I get fast at that length currently (in m4/3) is with adapted glass, which isn't always preferable. I have a feeling this will live on my Pen F.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Picked up a new Oly 45 1.8 in silver and a hood for it. The 85ish focal length is a favorite and the only way I get fast at that length currently (in m4/3) is with adapted glass, which isn't always preferable. I have a feeling this will live on my Pen F.
Yeah, it's a great, dense little lens. Works nicely indoors when you want to thin the crowd while taking candids.

theswanlogo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Cata
Just bought the Pana 35-100/2.8 II. I had and loved the first version, then I sold it (we all do mistakes, don't we?).
I just hope I can stop buying "stuff". But I promised myself once the 8-25/4 will be out I will make a decision versus the PL8-18 which I already have. And THAT should be my last photo acquisition (if I consider it worth swapping).

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Finally got a working rear-dial E-M1 (Mark 1) from Lifepixel that was converted to full spectrum. Only took three months, with the prior two E-M1's going back for the erratic shutter speed rear-dial issue. This third one is really a nice looking one that looks like it came out of the box as new. The second one was a bit used heavily and maybe why the dial gave up. That one was missing the shoe cover and that second odd one covering the rear hot shoe contact port so I'm glad it went back as faulty.

Spent first day fine tuning the AF on about a dozen lenses on it with the FocusTune software and their ruler. I just assigned a global setting from the center test rather than do the whole diamond shaped AF thing as it would take weeks. Done that on the E-M1 II and E-M1X before. Least they all fell within +/-3 at worst on this third E-M1 body with better ones at an average closer to +/-1.).

Now to figger out how to use this thing. Think I'll start with the Oly 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro as its lens since it seems to be web okay'd for IR shooting. Maybe start with the 720nm filter too as the 850nm I believe is suited for B&W more. Dunno...

Last edited:

Arundo Donax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
While Fernando, our cat, was getting a check-up at the vet, I walked into the adjacent camera shop and spontaneously bought a few rolls of Ilford FP4. I'll being shooting retro this week!

dougpayne

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
C.D. Payne
I bought a Panasonic GX85. I had one in the past and replaced it with the GX9, which I never warmed up to. I now have a Panasonic camera in three sizes: GX85, G9, and S1R.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Asahi
DSC_0203-01.jpeg

Pentax
DSC_0202-01.jpeg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom