what photography related item did you buy this week?

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
I went ahead and ordered an M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm F 4.8-6.7 II lens while it's still on sale for $399.99 (US). It is on backorder and is expected to ship in mid-April. While I was at it I ordered the LH-61E lens hood to go with it, for $24.99.

This bad boy arrived yesterday - earlier than I expected. :thumbup:

The box (which I have not opened yet) says it was made in Japan. I had thought they were doing most or all of their manufacturing in Vietnam these days. But perhaps I was just not paying attention to all of the details. The LH-61E lens hood is huge!

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I know the suspense has been killing you all,
so here in all its glory is.............

2104-24-TG5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's in pristine condition and now that the replacement battery has been inserted, the exposure meter appears to be fine too (though it will be properly tested).
And the cost for this glorious beast...........

zilch!

It was another free gift from my neighbour. :cool:

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
I know the suspense has been killing you all,
so here in all its glory is.............

View attachment 883162

It's in pristine condition and now that the replacement battery has been inserted, the exposure meter appears to be fine too (though it will be properly tested).
And the cost for this glorious beast...........

zilch!

It was another free gift from my neighbour. :cool:
Wow, that’s awesome. My neighbors suck. The only thing they ever given me are a bunch of dogs that never shut up.

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
I know I mentioned this in other parts of the forum but I ended up buying an EM1iii that I had rented from lensrentals. It will replace my G9.

I also bought two used "like new' OEM BLH-1 batteries from MPB. They haven't come in yet. I'm really impressed with the battery life and could probably get by with one extra but do have a backpacking trip tentatively planned in May.

Last edited:

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
An 8TB drive to archive off my old school sports pictures.
I ran out of usable space on the drive :( so have to archive off a couple of the prior years. I did not think the school pics would eat up so much space so fast. This archive drive "should" last till I stop shooting for the school.

Real Name
Troy
After seeing "The packwhore who will remain nameless's" post about the Mindshift 180, I started looking around at different sellers and scored a lightly used one on eBay for $50 AUD delivered...

It will be here next week...

Winning!

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 9.07.27 pm.png

theswanlogo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Cata
Two f/1.4 lenses to finalize my f/1.4 trio. I already have the Sigma 30mm f/1.4, so I have just bought the Sigma 56mm f/1.4 and the Panasonic Leica 12mm f/1.4. The Siggy should be with me this weekend, but the PL lens was shipped from US last Monday, so it's still sailing.....

A long long while ago, I spied a Epson V800 scanner refurbished on Epson’s Clearance Center website. But I hesitated and couldn’t make up my mind and then it went out of stock. So, every once and awhile I’ll think about it and check to see if it’s back in stock. It’s usually not, and when it is I have then repeated the overthinking and missed out.

But today, I FINALLY bought the damned thing. Planning on using to digitize all my old slides and negatives.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My entries is "power" this week.

As I mentioned I bought an Andycine C6 external monitor, and now I added various options to power the beast (plus some other power related things):

The Andycine C6 takes Sony NP-Fxxx compatible batteries, so I bought some Kastar compatible batteries and a dual USB charger. I dithered for some period of time, between the various sizes of battery. I ultimately went with 2x 5800 maH batteries, which is a step up from the 4400 maH battery Andycine included. I was tempted to get the version of the batteries that include a micro-USB plug for charging and a little press on meter, but ultimately I figured to just get the plain batteries, and bring the little USB charger.

I also decided to not go to the 8700 maH or larger batteries at this time. I may revisit this if/when I actually do renaissance faire videos again where I'm doing recording for 6 hours per day on a 2 day weekend. But I was worried about the weight, particularly with the wonky frame that Andycine provides.

I also bought so-called power triggers that plug into a USB power source and give you a gives voltage out. One trigger is setup for USB C-PD (power delivery). I have 2 batteries that can deliver USB C-PD at 9 or 12 volts that I will be able to use with this cable. The other trigger is setup for USB A-QC (quick charge), for the older chargers that do QC but not PD.

Because both of the triggers just have holes for the +/- power leads, I bought 2 right angle 5.5mm x 2.1mm plugs that have USB pigtails so I can solder the pigtails into the two triggers. While I have lots of 5.5mm x 2.1mm plugs with pigtails, I wanted right angle plugs, because I noticed that the Anycine C6 power ports on the bottom are rather near to the bottom of the holder, and I didn't want to have to angle the screen to attach the power.

I also bought some more 5.5mm x 2.1mm gender swappers. This is because the dummy batteries I have for the Olympus BLN and BLS batteries all have a male plug, while just about every power option I have wants to plug a male cable from the power option into a female cable for the dummy battery. I bought enough so I can leave one gender swapper on each dummy battery, so I don't have to hunt around for the right cable (or more likely go out of the house without the correct cable setup).

Finally, I bought a USB -> 4.0 x 1.7mm cable so I can charge the battery in my Panasonic HC-V770 camcorder (backup to the G85). I likely have one or more of these hanging around, but I couldn't find it off hand.

I did find I don't have to buy yet another set of headphones for the Andycine. I have several headphones that I use for zoom/webex meetings that all have 4 poles (TRRS) 3.5mm cables for the stereo headphones and microphones. But I have some converter cables that converts a 4 pole 3.5mm cables into a pair of 3 pole (TRS) cables for attaching to desktops with separate headphone and microphone ports, and that works well on the Andycine.

Real Name
Henrik
I finally received my Moment MTW sling bag to carry my camera and some other stuff in. The picture shows it with a GX9 + Lumix 25/1.7 attached, a Lumix 14-140 II on the side and a Lumix 12-32 on top. Still some room to spare for something like a power bank and it closed easily. Very high quality!

20210418_203924.jpg

20210418_204432.jpg

https://www.shopmoment.com/products/fanny-sling/2020

Last edited:

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
DXO Pureraw which is on offer this month.

Gives you access to DeepPrime noise reduction without having to buy Photolab.

I think it will change my workflow forever. I have Lightroom and at first glance you think it's going to be a dreadful waste of time processing your raw files in PureRaw and then importing them to Lightroom.

Well you could do it that way if you had hours to kill, but the best way for me to use it is to import my images to Lightroom first as usual, sort my images then drag only my favourites from the Lightroom filmstrip and drop them into PureRaw. Once processed, copies of the new dng files can be automatically saved to their own folder with the original raw files untouched.

The noise reduction is better than anything I have ever managed to achieve in Lightroom or Photoshop.

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
@Panolyman - Ain't that a beauty! Forever, if you didn't want to go with a Mamiya Cxxx, the Mat was the TLR of choice, and the late ones in all black like this are just gorgeous. Congrats

Wow, that’s awesome. My neighbors suck. The only thing they ever given me are a bunch of dogs that never shut up.

What? Do you live down the street from my neighbors too?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
View attachment 882841

Now then, I wonder what this could be for? :hmmm: ;)
You're going to hate that battery. Once you open it an expose it to air, it will start to expend itself. It will continue to expend itself whether it's used or not. I bought a couple for my Minolta SRT-101, used one once, next time it was already dead. I learned you can buy hearing aid batteries that do the same thing, they're just smaller in diameter. Use an 'O' ring to make up the difference in size. They cost about $8 for a whole card full of them. See post #23:

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/film-guys-battery-question.106136/page-2#post-1330456

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
minolta-jpg.jpg

TBH, I'd been watching for either a Minolta or Pentax bellows, but there seem to be more Minolta ones out there. When I saw this one including the 100//4 Bellows lens, I hadda go for it. The X-370 was part of the bundle, but it's going to need a home. BTW, the background took hours to set up...

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
You're going to hate that battery. Once you open it an expose it to air, it will start to expend itself. It will continue to expend itself whether it's used or not. I bought a couple for my Minolta SRT-101, used one once, next time it was already dead. I learned you can buy hearing aid batteries that do the same thing, they're just smaller in diameter. Use an 'O' ring to make up the difference in size. They cost about $8 for a whole card full of them. See post #23:

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/film-guys-battery-question.106136/page-2#post-1330456
Ah ha. I get my hearing aid batteries free from the government ... :whistling: :dance4::drinks:.

They are nominally 1.45V.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom