what photography related item did you buy this week?

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Just picked up a Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC for charging my camera batteries in the backcountry. My initial testing using the Olympus AC charger is I can get 5 battery recharges out of the unit. Waiting on a USB charger to arrive so I can test it, will get better efficiency from a DC charger. Will be getting a couple of different solar panels for recharging when needed. At only 2lbs it is light enough that I will take it backpacking when I know I will be needing more battery power than my 4 batteries provide.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
I went ahead and ordered an M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm F 4.8-6.7 II lens while it's still on sale for $399.99 (US). It is on backorder and is expected to ship in mid-April. While I was at it I ordered the LH-61E lens hood to go with it, for $24.99.

This is a very good telephoto zoom value.

I recieved the Mindshift Photocross 13 backpack I ordered during its 15% off sale. I got it to carry my Olympus 100-400 and EM1.2.

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A mix of 52mm and 67mm ND screw in filters to fill in some gaps. The two sizes will fit/adapt to most of my lenses and I still have my square filter system for grads, blenders and weak ND filters.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Newer designed Lee Filter Holder to replace my older bellows style unit (on right) that vignetted with wide-angle lenses even when fully collapsed. Sometimee later, Lee changed the bellows to a rectangular shape instead of the sqaure one to help with the vignetting. The new one came with single holder that I installed. You can modify it to take two or three filters in a stack with the blue tool and extra holders that snap-in. I believe you can use the new one's bags to wipe-clean the filters too.

Lee-filter-holders.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
I'm dithering on a battery grip for the "unintended consequences" EOS 20D from a few posts back.

Don't even remotely need one, but it's less than $20

I don't even like Canon.

Yeah, I'm stoopid.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
This Argus C3 Match-Matic with the original box, instructions, flash, LC-3 Light meter, two boxes of flashbulbs, and leather case. $22 + shipping. It's missing the small corner piece of leatherette, I am working on that.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

And yes, in case you were breathlessly wondering, it's the same model used by Colin Creevey in Harry Potter.

colin_camera.jpg

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My new-ish E-M1 Mk II arrived today, shown here with my old Pen-F 38/1.8

DSCF4219.JPG

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
I had figured this would go in the Hot Deals section - alas, not to be.

As noted previously, I bought TTArtisan's 35/1.4 and really liked it. I still await their 17/1.4 which is similar in design (and presumably operation!). Their 17/35/50 trio made sense to me.. but the 50/1.2 is dissimilar in many ways. Looking at other options today I bumped into a Zonlai 50/1.4 whose aperture ring is similar in location (on the lens front) and operation (wide open left, ∞ right). The Pergear site was selling it for $50 lower than anybody else, so I grabbed it - several other Zonlai were similarly discounted, hence the plan for a Hot Deals note.

Sadly (for you) the µ43 50mm greyed out - and other lens deals are for E and X mounts :(
but just in case: watch that space! 😵

Bummer about the aperture being clickless - but having focus and aperture turn the same directions as TTA lenses is a plus. Also important to me is it's nearly half the weight of the TTA (which is f/1.2), 195g vs 335g. With 200g zooms it's harder for me to justify carrying any 'heavy' primes, which clearly is not a big deal to many here!

Attachments

• z50f14.jpg
    z50f14.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My new-ish E-M1 Mk II arrived today, shown here with my old Pen-F 38/1.8

View attachment 880606
The Logo on that lens cap is seriously ugly in my eyes. At my age, I remember that Logo. In spite of my curiosity about all things Olympus, I can't help but wonder if that Logo kept me in the Canon FT-QL camp throughout the 1960s and early 1970s.

Shallow, I know, but we all mature at different rates.

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Crumpler 5 Million Dollar camera bag in excellent condition from a local seller for $20. It'll work to carry more primes or adapted lenses. Couldn't resist it for the price.

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
No estoy listo para esto todavía.
46mm-37mm step-down ring for my Panasonic 20mm F/1.7 as a lens hood - I have a proper lens hood for it but it defeats the purpose of having the pancake, so I used this idea from http://m43photo.blogspot.com/2015/08/new-lumix-20mm-lens-better-focus-ring.html to keep the compactness.
1617166987300.png

Here it is mounted on the 20mm, which is mounted on the GM5.
JgeqLtj.jpg

I also mounted some feet for the GM5 so I can place the camera upright without the lens looking up as the 20mm protrudes by about 4mm from the base of the camera.
YTIccP7.jpg

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Evidently, a set of batteries. The Argus Match-Matic came today. When I checked the flash gun my heart sank, seeing the bottom end of a battery I figured the flash was shot with corrosion. Not even close, the interior is pristine and the batteries (true to their 'Leakproof' moniker), look brand new. Not sure of the age, probably the 1960's? Kudos to Eveready!
IMG_0287.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom