what photography related item did you buy this week?

I've been wanting the mechanism of a µ4/3rds Lensbaby Composer Pro for some time.

View attachment 879478

I don't care for the optics; I want to hack it to put an OM mount on the front, so any of my OM lenses will become tilt lenses.

I've not been willing to pay the ~$300 people are asking for these, though. So when one showed up on evilBay, without optics, for US$32.55 with free shipping, I jumped on it!

This will give me 15° of tilt. I have a Rokker that only tilts 8°, but that left me wanting more.

I'll post some shots of the mod and photos taken when I get the mod done. Shouldn't take more than a couple years, at my rate…
That sounds very interesting, I look forward to seeing your adventures with it!

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Screenshot_20210324-214907.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A rather unexciting follow-up to the OM-1 with 50mm f1.4 that I picked up on Sunday. Both of the other types of batteries I tried gave wildly inaccurate readings. I know some sources say that you can use a 1.5v battery in the OM-1 and compensate by adjusting the ISO, but that's garbage. In cloudy weather, at f16 and 1/500 sec I could only get the needle to read in the "correct" exposure zone by picking the lowest ISO possible, 25. Can't really compensate for that.

The wein cell seems to work great, at least I am getting meter readings close to my other cameras now, the proof will be in the film once I develop it.

Side note: man the OM-1 feels nice.

It took me a long time to realise that what was truly missing from my lens collection was an ultra-wide, so after a bit of research I decided on this Panasonic 7-14mm f/4. It will perfectly complement my 14-140mm mkII and 100-300mm mkII zooms. And...no-one told me what a beautiful lens it is: it's actually smaller than I expected, with such a sweet zoom action. I wasn't expecting to be so thrilled!
IMG_20210325_152210-01.jpeg

ABFoz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
No estoy listo para esto todavía.
I just got the Lumix 20mm F/1.7 today.
P1140236.JPG

This lens is blimmin' sharp. I may have just properly fallen in love with it.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
It took me a long time to realise that what was truly missing from my lens collection was an ultra-wide, so after a bit of research I decided on this Panasonic 7-14mm f/4. It will perfectly complement my 14-140mm mkII and 100-300mm mkII zooms. And...no-one told me what a beautiful lens it is: it's actually smaller than I expected, with such a sweet zoom action. I wasn't expecting to be so thrilled!
View attachment 879807
Given your posting history Melanie, I think you'll love this lens.
I had one for a few years but had limited opportunities to use it, so sold it.
I'm sure you'll get plenty of chances when out on your varying exploits and it will certainly allow you a different perspective on things.
Looking forward to seeing some results. :thumbup:

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
A few more books for birding, including another field guide and a book about bird behavior.
Increasing my knowledge of bird behavior has improved my results and increased my enjoyment of bird photography!

I'll update once I've recieved the books and can provide a first impression.

Also, a backpack to hopefully fit my Olympus 100-400 and EM1.2. Once I receive it I'll post an update in the forum for that lens. The bag will certainly hold smaller lenses so I think it would answer some questions for those who use the Olympus 100-400.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
View attachment 879807
I'm down to this or the PL8-18. I tried the 8-18 for a short time and really liked it too. Should have just held onto it. The PL tempts me for the wider aperture for indoor architectural shooting. I don't do a lot of it, but want to get into it eventually.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Well, I was shopping mpb and they had a "like new" 7-14 for sale. It was way cheaper than any used 8-18 that I've seen, and all those were missing the hood (which is expensive) and not in like-new condition. I think I can live with F4, since it's most likely to be a landscape lens most of the time. Hard to argue with 7mm at the wide end--I might need to turn my hat around to keep the bill out of the frame! :D

Just bought a license for the complete DxO Photo Suite, which includes DxO PhotoLab 4 Elite, DxO FilmPack 5 Elite and DxO ViewPoint 3. (See this post if you want to see me raving about DxO PhotoLab. ;))

Also bought a license for FastRawViewer. I think that together with Affinity Photo, I now have all the tools for a complete photography workflow again (after switching to a Mac). :)

Last edited:

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
While awaiting the Keh.com guy to appraise my old (obsolete) gear to sell to them at a camera shop, I ended up buying a book called "Infrared Photography - Artistic Techniques for Brilliant Images."

This book: Infrared Photography - Artistic Techniques for Brilliant Images

Oddly, the Amazon link shows this paperback book to cost $198.10 !!! :eek-31: I paid $37.95 USA (Printed on its rear cover.) so it was a bargain I guess.

Thought the book might come in handy for whenever I get a "working" E-M1 converted body to "Full Spectrum" from the conversion outfit in Washington. So far in past two months of this conversion mess I got two bad ones and both with the screwed-up (i..e. erratic) rear shutter dial thing. They are finding me a third body to convert now. Least it shows up almost immediately out of the box in the first 15 minutes so I call immediately and they email me a return UPS sticker same day. Hopefully, the third E-M1 is a charm as the first two weren't.

Steveee

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
My third (maybe even fourth) EP-15 eyepiece for the Om10ii. Losing about one a year on average. :dash2:

And a fourth and fifth (non-original? third party? knockk-off?!!) cheaper versions for when it happens again. They're not as nice (the olympus one has a rubber feel to it's outside edge) but they'll do as stop-gaps.

LVP

Mu-43 Regular
Got a L-Bracket for my M1 Mk2. Since it will be used rarely, went for a cheapy ($17) on EBay. If I need to upgrade, I'll go for the Fogrip - maybe they'll have US distribution by then.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
I went ahead and ordered an M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm F 4.8-6.7 II lens while it's still on sale for $399.99 (US). It is on backorder and is expected to ship in mid-April. While I was at it I ordered the LH-61E lens hood to go with it, for $24.99.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom